Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting
Mar 16, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #138 of 301
Mar 17, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #140 of 301
Hey guys

Calgary here... A big huge fan of Sennheiser HD-650's. Started with HD-558's, tried AKG K702's, HE-500's, some Grados, but the HD-650's are the only ones I've kept. Love the romantic, dark sound which scales beautifully with amps.

Currently using an Aune T1 tube buffered 24/96 DAC that I've upgraded the capacitors in. Love the tube rolling options with the 6DJ8 family of tubes, and the fact that the DAC only uses one tube. Currently loving the pinched waist Amperex/Phillips tubes in the DAC.

When I'm home, I use my Woo WA2 with 7236 power tubes (or GEC 6080 tubes), and Philips Miniwatt E188CC drivers. It's either driving the Senn's, or going through a Yamaha AS500 to some PMC speakers I have. The PMC's are very neutral sounding, with a nice airy open top end.

I'm obsessed with music, tube rolling and running. Too bad I live in Calgary where it's always snowy. Haha. Guess we didn't get it as bad this winter as Atlantic Canada.

Feel free to PM or join me at the next Calgary meet... Whenever we sort out the logistics. I'm also selling a Woo WA7, feel free to PM if you're interested. Tough to find gear in the homeland a lot of the time. Nice to meet you all!

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #141 of 301
I live just outside Brantford, ON.
I like headphones, music, speakers, audio, sound, sound systems, sound reporduction, live music, CDs, vinyl, hi-rex downloads and long, run-on, redundant sentences! :p

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #142 of 301
Any Canucks make their way to CanJam?

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #144 of 301
From Canada as well. Representing Northern Ontario. I should say, currently representing, cause I'm originally from western Canada.

By any chance can someone recommend me some shops in the Sudbury area? I'm wanting to audition as many brands of headphones as possible. I'm looking primarily for studio or mid fi audiophile cans. So stores that sell studio gear and audiophile shops are what I'm looking for, but having difficulty finding in these parts. 

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #146 of 301
Guys, I seriously need help from people who's got experience with Dunu IEM's. I currently have to choose which models I'm going to carry in my store and since I haven't had the chance yet to hear them myself I'm not sure which ones are the most interesting. I'd like a top 3 of the most interesting models if possible. 

And for the CanJam, i wish I could have gone but unfortunately it will have to wait to another year. Would be sick to rent a bus next year and organise a trip to the CanJam for Canuck head-fiers.

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #147 of 301
Guys, I seriously need help from people who's got experience with Dunu IEM's. I currently have to choose which models I'm going to carry in my store and since I haven't had the chance yet to hear them myself I'm not sure which ones are the most interesting. I'd like a top 3 of the most interesting models if possible. 

And for the CanJam, i wish I could have gone but unfortunately it will have to wait to another year. Would be sick to rent a bus next year and organise a trip to the CanJam for Canuck head-fiers.

Canuck CanJam 2016 bus is a great idea! I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Dunu Titan1. A lot. I believe the 1000 and 2000 are popular as well.

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #148 of 301
I've read many reviews on Head-Fi and I think I narrowed my choice to DN-12, DN-23, DN-2000 and Titan 1. I wanted to carry DN-1000 as well but Amazon is unfortunately being too competitive for me to think about it... Still I'm looking forward to carry this brand :)

Mar 30, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #149 of 301

Local stores are awesome! Will your store in Toronto be in Ontario by any chance? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back