Canada...3rd world when it comes to electronics?
Mar 20, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #61 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
Hifishop.jpg

Listening3.jpg

I would be there until the store closes, and then again the next day.
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #63 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
260,000? I live in a 2600 square foot house with a basement (not included in the square footage I believe), and I think my parents paid around 300,000, but it's now worth over 500,000, and dude, this is in an suburb (I think you would consider it that) outside of Toronto. I supose it's where you live, I live in a pretty preppy area though, where my house is probably the middle class.

Adam, you bring up a good point, but if people just waited, it'de probably come out eventually. I don't see why it hasn't already, it's just ripping a cd, but not compressing the audio like you would with an mp3.

I was thinking of purchasing the thinkgeek clothing (American store) shipping it to a family friend, and then having them ship it to me, or me picking it up next time i'm there in the new future.

Townhouses in towns outside of Vancouver (think Ladner, Tswaassen) run for like $350 000 to START. The cost of buying a house in Vancouver, or anywhere in the lower mainland well exceeds the cost of an equivalent unit in Toronto. I know someone who lives in a small house in Kitsilano - about a 10 minute drive from downtown Vancouver had an estimated market value of > $850 000 in late 2004, so it's certainly gone up since.

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #64 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by familyman
Long & Mcquade sells Akg, Beyer and AT but only the low end models, nothing over $200. They do sell ultrasone 550, 650, and 750. the 750 is $385.

I'm sure they would order any model you asked for.

I'm pretty sure you can get most things that are in US in Canada as well, you just have to look, granted it will cost you more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back