Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)?
Aug 18, 2010 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

handtralala

New Head-Fier
I'm about to get a new pair of IEMs and am leaning towards the Audeo PFEs (because of their apparently balanced sound, style and easy access for cable replacements). However, I plan to replace the cables with the cables from an iPhone so it's more or less a must that you can wear them in the "normal" style, with cables hanging down straight down and not looping around/over the ear. Those of you with Audeo PFE, can you try this out for me?

Since I plan to change the cables anyway, it's ok if I have to put the left one in the right ear for a good fit. 

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Why would you want to replace the cable with the crappy iPhone one??

[size=medium]
Because I want the very compact remote/mic on the iPhone cable. Much more discrete/better looking than anything from any headphone manufacturer, while also offering more functionality. However, my reasons for doing that is not the point of this thread, so I hope that it will not turn into a cable discussion 
smile_phones.gif

[/size]

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
No, the PFE can't be worn hanging down, their fit is too ergonomic (if that's possible).

Ok, I take it that you have actually tried it? I see what you mean by looking at them though, but I was thinking you could get around that by switching ears, for instance (i.e. putting the left phone in the right ear and vice-versa).

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 7
[size=10pt][size=10pt]It's possible to wear them straight down (flipped too), although I'm feeling that the tip is the only thing remain that hold them into place and they do not fit very securely. Also I'm experience huge amount of cable. noise in both cases.[/size][/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back