Can you recommend re-cable mod service for Beyer dt770?
Jun 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lemmy Caution

New Head-Fier
Hey y'all,

So, um, I accidentally cut through the speaker cable to my new Beyer dt770 pro 80 ohm with the hedge trimmer while rocking out a bit too gleefully to ODB rapping with Wu Tang Clan.... oops. That 10 foot cable snuck out of my pocket while I was whacking a low bush and... SNIP!

I am the worst solderer ever, so I need to have a professional or near-professional do this. 

I'm having trouble comparing/contrasting various re-cabling options from the likes of headphile, apuresound, moon audio,et al. Any thoughts? I need something sturdy and not-microphonic (because the cable will not be sitting still sometimes). And yes I suppose the bass could be tightened up and the mids resurrected.

I bought these to be my work-out/work-outside headphones for bass-heavy music like hip hop in a semi-loud environment, so ultra-refinement (Darth Beyer, Luke Beyer, etc) and paying much more than these headphones are new and intact (!) would be overkill for me.  

Thanks for anything useful!

Jun 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 4
You might send a pm to chris_himself and let him know what you want. He does good work and is fair on price.

gL!!

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 4
I can recommend Moon Audio, but I don't have experience with the others. Definitely not microphonic.

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm typing up a response to your e-mail now Paul. Thank you for your interest in my stuff :)

If our situation doesn't work out, I recommend Double Helix Cables and Moon in no particular order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back