can you enjoy music in low-fi?
Oct 23, 2003 at 7:28 PM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by MusicLover
I can enjoy music a lot on literally anything. Higher end stuff just makes it more enjoyable, more like an extra, not a necessity. In fact (and I know I will feel the flames of hell for this), I enjoy the Bose Triports more than my HD600's. I came to admit that the HD600's are extremely boring, and if I had the Triports, I would listen to them instead.

Heh, I remember when you first joined and were pushing HD600s like they were the best thing in the world. Get some Grados or something, man! If HD600's sound so boring to you...

Oct 23, 2003 at 7:32 PM Post #32 of 45
It all depends on just how crappy they sound. As long as the treble isn't screechy or really overdone I can withstand the assault temporarily.

Oct 23, 2003 at 7:42 PM Post #33 of 45
The only "low-fi" stuff around me sucks so bad it's not even funny, so I can't stand to listen to it. Believe it or not, my 40" XBR sounds better than my stereo that's next to it (not MY stereo, but whatever...).
600smile.gif

Oct 23, 2003 at 8:53 PM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Heh, I remember when you first joined and were pushing HD600s like they were the best thing in the world. Get some Grados or something, man! If HD600's sound so boring to you...

my thoughts exactly.

Oct 23, 2003 at 9:01 PM Post #35 of 45
In between my last upgrade I had only a Philips pcdp and a pr. of garage sale radio shack headphones(1.50). I listened to and enjoyed what I had. It didn't sound anywhere near as good, but my listening time did not drop any. The only bad music is no music.

Oct 23, 2003 at 9:29 PM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu

I know, I was just trying to justify the price, unfortunately blinding me from their boringness. I was thinking about Grados, and also the CD3000's.

Oct 25, 2003 at 5:47 PM Post #37 of 45
It depends on what I'm doing.

If I'm moving around, walking, driving or working around the house low-fi is all right. If I'm just sitting still and listening or reading the quality needs to be at least somewhat good or I'd rather have silence.

Nov 2, 2003 at 9:06 AM Post #38 of 45
I just went and bought another set of $30 2.1 multimedia speakers with 'subwoofer' and FM tuner to listen to music in my room while I'm doing exercise
eek.gif
(I moved my Onkyo minisystem out to the living room)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 2, 2003 at 4:00 PM Post #41 of 45
The short answer is YES!!

I do it every day in my car (standard equipment CD player and speakers), at work (D-25S / Total Airhead / Grado SR225) and when I exercise (MP3 Player @ 96kbps...
eek.gif
). None of these choices measures up to my main home rig (nOrh SE9 / AKG K1000 / Elite DV-47Ai / MSB Gold Link III DAC).

Actually, when I use my home rig, I tend to be listening much more actively. I couldn't do any of those things while exercising, working, or driving. So I guess you could say that I need to listen to lo-fi every once in awhile just to function properly.

biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2003 at 1:57 AM Post #43 of 45
no problem with me, as long as it dont get anything worse than 128kbs. headphone is not the my factor for enjoying music. there's also the time of day, how the sky look, where i am and stuff. its awsome to take my portable with me and listen to music while walking by the river trail. its also awesome to listen to music outside in the winter when its like 5degrees and a feet of snow. i want to be absorb by the music as much as possible. so that mean i need good isolation.

*made note to self*priority: search for a good and affordable non-canalphone headphone that isolate well, have a neutral sound with good bass response, preferable not the sony V6.

Nov 3, 2003 at 11:39 AM Post #44 of 45
I absolutely can enjoy lo-fi -- as long as it's not painful lo-fi. For example, cheap speakers with breaking glass for treble. Then I'm just annoyed.

Nov 3, 2003 at 9:58 PM Post #45 of 45
Low-fi beats No-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back