can speakers or some sound system be connnected to a nintendo switch ?
Sep 21, 2018 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

musicalychallenged

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone today i got the thought about trying to connect my Focusrite with my Nintendo switch, i have a monitor im using with my switch and it has speakers but damn they are bad, i wanted to see if i could connect my focusrite on one of the USB ports on the Nintendo dock, but i couldn't get the system to register i'm guessing its not going to connect or maybe i can connect it but i need to find a way for it to register them.
Would anyone happened to know if there is a way to make them work or would just playing it of a different monitor and connected to my pc be the most likely way to do it?
Would anyone happen to have done the same thing or tried something similar.
im not looking to make this a permanent thing just something i could use for the mean time so my speakers get some use at least.

Thanks For Reading. :blush:

Sep 22, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 4
It might not have USB audio drivers. It can connect via HDMI though so if your HDTV has optical output you can use a DAC with preamp output to decode that signal and function as main volume control for your monitors.

That or get an HT receiver and passive speakers and connect the Switch to that, then connect the receiver to the HDTV.

If you plan on using headphones doing the first and using the AudioGD NFB-11 would be the better option.

Sep 22, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 4
It might not have USB audio drivers. It can connect via HDMI though so if your HDTV has optical output you can use a DAC with preamp output to decode that signal and function as main volume control for your monitors.

That or get an HT receiver and passive speakers and connect the Switch to that, then connect the receiver to the HDTV.

If you plan on using headphones doing the first and using the AudioGD NFB-11 would be the better option.

Thanks ill give this a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back