Can someone rate my setup?
Oct 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

syaknikwa

Head-Fier
Ipod touch 4g>Quables PerfLine Se LOD>Headstage arrow 12he>akg 271 mkII..

I only own the ipod touch 4g and the akg 271mk II at the moment but im planing to go with this setup... is this a good one or bad.. i am open to suggestions and recomendations. thank you!! PS: i'm new to this community so please help me.. d^_^b

Oct 29, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 11
Wow 32 view no repplyyyy?? am i in the wrong thread or community?

Oct 29, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 11
Why do you want opinions on how something you have heard sounds from people who have never heard it? 

Standard heuristics of head-fi speculation and conjecture say that your system could use improvement pretty much everywhere, but you have heard it and nobody else has. Since I understand the heuristic applied here my opinion is worth several times the opinions of others. However since none of us have heard your system none of our opinions are really worth anything.

Does your system make *YOU* happy? If your curious about a certain thing, or upgrading a certain part of your system I'd say read up on it with enough salt to kill the shill slug who wrote the text and if it still interests you buy it and try it. 

Oct 29, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 11
Well said and explained nikongod!  ...........syaknikwa, welcome to head-fi! Take nikongod's advice, read on a piece that you want to try and can afford, then read some more....Ask yourself what is missing from your "STUFF" now??? Then read some more and enjoy what you have while you grow in knowledge and new equipment.....good luck
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
Well said and explained nikongod!  ...........syaknikwa, welcome to head-fi! Take nikongod's advice, read on a piece that you want to try and can afford, then read some more....Ask yourself what is missing from your "STUFF" now??? Then read some more and enjoy what you have while you grow in knowledge and new equipment.....good luck
wink.gif

In other words, you have to learn, hypothetize, analize and test! 

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #7 of 11
Oct 30, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #8 of 11
thanks for the reply guys sorry for my attitude on my second post.. coz i'm not that really good in waiting
very_evil_smiley.gif
...anyways.. i'm gonna let you know if i am satisfied with my setup.. because for now i have only the akg 272 mkII and the ipod touch 4g and i like the akg's sound out from the box and after burn-in i even liked it more, but from what i have read from the forums in here is that.. my headphones needs an amp to be driven well.. i noticed that too, because the sound quality decreases when i put the volume down, and i think the bass is kinda weak basing from my beats tours.. btw this hp are my first over the ear.. actually i had the skullcandy hesh hp's back then but these are hp's(AKG's now that i tried them) are not even worth comparing to the skull candy's XD

Oct 30, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
Who cares what we think?

Are you enjoying it?

so far i have only the AKG and the ipod and i'm loving the sq.. coz this is my first pair of quality HP.. and still planning to buy a LOD and a AMP coz from what i have read from post here.. my akg's requires an amp to be driven well... i liked the sound out from the box and even liked it more after several hours of burn-in, but it seems that when i put the volume down the sq goes down also.. so i think a amp can help me..
jecklinsmile.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #11 of 11
Fiio E5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back