Can Monsters Gel Tips fit the RE0's?
Dec 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 17
I've not personally tried, but I'd wager they do fit. Both nozzles are near the same size. 

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 17
Yes I have the re0s and they sound great with the monster gels, bass was slightly punchier than the foams.

I didn't use mine all that long, I preferred the sony hybrids, so I cannot exactly determine the lifespan of the monster tips. However, they seem to be very well made. They should last for quite for sometime, definitely longer than stock tips.

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #7 of 17
Yes, the Sony hybrids fit the RE0s perfectly and provide great isolation as well as sound. I find them superior than the monster tips, but that's a matter of personal preference.

Dec 13, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 17
No, they aren't difficult.

I haven't heard the Sennheiser CX680's, CX500's, nor the Klipsch S2's. So I can't really be the Judge.
From what I've gathered, I would assume that the RE0's are better.

Dec 15, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #11 of 17
On my iPod 5.5g and nano 2g it does have some distortion on high volume, not on medium volume, however. I'd say distortion starts at about 70% volume level.
A Fiio E5 may improve the re0, but not to it's fullest potential.

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #13 of 17
I do use my re0's quite often, even though the left driver has become a little bit defective, I used scotch tape to fix it as I wait for my next IEMs.
I don't use them with my nano often, but have enough to know I prefer them paired with my Sansa Fuze or Zune 120.

Dec 17, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #15 of 17
I prefer using UE and sony hybrid tips for my re0. UE gives a more neutral response and the hybrids gives it a slightly warmer presentation.

The Gel sounds pretty nice, nice bass response but the mids and highs are slightly drowned out. The design also makes the housing stick out more than it should.

Personally I like using the UE tips the best, but a lot of people have hard time getting a good seal with them, so YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back