Can i do this? with my sound card?
Jun 6, 2011 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

renji1337

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have my xonar dx/windows volume/game volume at 100% and while it's loud for music, for some reason games arent "as loud"(can still hear easily just want it louder) i was wondering if i plugged my FiiO E5 into my Sound card, and then my ad700s into the e5, is that okay?

will i experience any loss in sound quality?

how do i use an amp like the e5?

Jun 7, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 8

This thread should be in the computer audio section

The E5 would be theoretically be fine although a (poor amp to begin with) being added to the DZ but this isn't needed in your case . Its more likely that you have a hidden volume slider that need upping in the windows sound mixer or you have some missing \ misconfigured audio channel setting somewhere. Failing that try updating or downgrading the xonar drivers.. You could also try the unified drivers.

Quote:
I currently have my xonar dx/windows volume/game volume at 100% and while it's loud for music, for some reason games arent "as loud"(can still hear easily just want it louder) i was wondering if i plugged my FiiO E5 into my Sound card, and then my ad700s into the e5, is that okay?

will i experience any loss in sound quality?

how do i use an amp like the e5?

Jun 7, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 8
There may also be in-game volume settings that are low (stupid suggestion, I know, but sometimes it's the simple things that get overlooked).

To use the E5, you'd just plug it into whatever headphone port you're using, and then plug your headphones into the E5.  You could also buy a y-split cable with female ends, plug the E5 into one and leave the other open - that way, you could switch to the E5 while playing games, and switch to the unamplified output when just listening to music or the like that doesn't need the extra volume boost.

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #5 of 8
Still try a driver change / re install, and double check that you have the headhones in the front out jack and not the rears or something.

Jun 9, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 8
Using normal speakers for gaming, do you notice a reduction of sound when going from listening to music to playing a game, without adjusting the volume at all?  Or is it just relegated to happening when you use your headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back