'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
Jun 20, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #482 of 670

Quote:
Wewt, another Shpongle fan! I didn't think any more of our kind existed :D

If you've got the "Tales of the Inexpressible" album, Dorset Perception makes a great test track. Infected Mushroom's "Legend of the Black Shawarma" is also awesome; the entire album is very well recorded.

Incidentally, I'll be bringing my Samsung Galaxy phone as a portable source. It's actually very good (Wolfson audio hub).

yup~ go shpongle and infected mushroom~ Everyone else is missing out~

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #483 of 670
Do you think it would be a good/bad idea if we all download a few nominated test tracks on our sources?

Issues might be 'downloading/purchasing' and our choice of good test tracks

But then we can compare sources easier.

Jun 20, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #484 of 670
well, that is fantastic idea.
and yes, choice of good test track could be an issue.

One way to tackle this is perhaps, each attendee could send me one or two test tracks of their choice and I will burn them on one dvd to be brought to the can con, so that they can be copied on the day to the source. That way, every user just have to select their song from the folder in the source. What do you think?

Jun 20, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #485 of 670
Hey Covenant, if there is any shpongle or infect mushroom album you don`t have, let me know and I will burn them on a disc and bring it on the day. Unfortunately I only have them on mp3 format (320kb),

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #486 of 670

I got some news! Not exactly good ones.
This should the audiophile's worse nightmare LOL!
I have to go under surgery on my right ear, I had the ear drum perforated for nearly 6 months and is not closing.
No, it wasn't a loud amp LOL, Diving and allergy don't go well together.
I've lost some earring but I should get it back after the op.
OK, the thing is scheduled for the 30th of June. They just rushed me cause they have a cancellation otherwise they are booked for a while.
I should be fine to go the meet (I won't be listening too much anyway it's pointless, same as when u got a flu etc.)
If I can't make it all the best and I'll be looking forward for the one after.
Cheers, Yogui.

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #487 of 670
Ouch >< hope to see you at Hornsby still. All the best!

Quote:

I got some news! Not exactly good ones.
This should the audiophile's worse nightmare LOL!
I have to go under surgery on my right ear, I had the ear drum perforated for nearly 6 months and is not closing.
No, it wasn't a loud amp LOL, Diving and allergy don't go well together.
I've lost some earring but I should get it back after the op.
OK, the thing is scheduled for the 30th of June. They just rushed me cause they have a cancellation otherwise they are booked for a while.
I should be fine to go the meet (I won't be listening too much anyway it's pointless, same as when u got a flu etc.)
If I can't make it all the best and I'll be looking forward for the one after.
Cheers, Yogui.

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #488 of 670

Quote:
well, that is fantastic idea.
and yes, choice of good test track could be an issue.

One way to tackle this is perhaps, each attendee could send me one or two test tracks of their choice and I will burn them on one dvd to be brought to the can con, so that they can be copied on the day to the source. That way, every user just have to select their song from the folder in the source. What do you think?

Lol... I have a zune...

Hotel Carlifornia (live) in 'Hell freezes over' (wma lossless)
"Butterfly Lovers" too for some classical (esp. violin) lovers

I don't know. I can't wait till the meet cause I have so many questions to ask haha~ Such a newbie in this hobby.

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #489 of 670

Quote:
Do you think it would be a good/bad idea if we all download a few nominated test tracks on our sources?

Issues might be 'downloading/purchasing' and our choice of good test tracks

But then we can compare sources easier.

Realistically, a test track is only useful if you're very familiar with it. The idea is to be able to pick up subtle differences in the way a track is reproduced, and you won't be able to do that unless you know every nuance of that track.

A track might have a well-recorded low bass rumble in some parts, for instance. You could use that as a way to test how a setup reproduces low bass - provided that you already know how the track should sound (or at least how you're used to it sounding), and be able to detect the difference.

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #490 of 670
Hence, this is why I suggested that people could send me one or two songs of their choice through email and I could burn on dvd to be brought on the day. The songs could be copied onto sources on the day.

Jun 22, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #491 of 670
Is anyone interested in purchasing my system?
Details here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553348/aus-system-for-sale-opera-consonance-cd120-linear-ics-by-ak-zip-rsa-raptor-hf-1-448

If so I'll bring it across for people to have a listen, if not then I'll probably have to be at uni.
The joys of PhDs. Final stretch though

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #492 of 670
I can’t make this meet, I have mountains to ski on this particular weekend.

For those who were interested in hearing my gear, there will be other meets, if your from Sydney pm me and we could arrange something.
Jason please just let me know when you have a weekend afternoon free.   
Tom and Jeremy I’m gutted I’m missing the opportunity to hear and see your creations.
I wish everyone all the best of luck, happy listening, enjoy.

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #493 of 670
Finished exams but have done so badly :'(

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #494 of 670
OMG me too. fuark. that was deadly. *****ing m*** h*** and his ****ing models....*rant rant*

edited names & swearing*

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #495 of 670
Oh and also, I managed to buy some DT880 600 ohm's and they just came in, unmodded, so i'll bring those along. and an equinox cable + maybe a bottlehead crack DIY amp if that comes in beforehand and I complete it before the meet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back