Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet!
Feb 10, 2014 at 4:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 343

syNRG

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone

I'd like to thank pkwak for organising Can Con 4 for us. As more information comes in, this will be edited so stay subbed for updates

The date has been narrowed down to 4th May, 2014 which is a Sunday between 1pm-7pm so keep those calendars clear.

1 Chambers Court (off Pembroke Street), Epping
(which is below Epping Library)

Price: There will be a cost of $20 per person for the meet which covers venue as well as food and drinks (pizza, chips, cake).

To save time on registration and please bring a piece of paper with your name, address, headfi id and phone number with you.
If you do not have headfi id, then put the id of the headfi member who introduced you followed by '+ 1'.

The preliminary rules are:

1. I'll contact the pre-registered attendees to get the Name, Address, Email, Contact number on Tue before the Meet, and when provided will respond with the venue details.

2. At the meet, you would be required to provide a valid photo id when registering at the registration table. Your valid photo id will be cross checked with the details provided prior to the meet. (the info aside from your name and forum id will be burnt within a few days of the meet). For vendors - you can give them your details if you wish separately?

3. You should bring an extension cord or power board if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup)

4. Please be careful and respect other member`s properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.

5. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be weary the floor will be littered with cable.

6. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all rubbish in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE also wash your hands if it is dirty before touching anything.

7. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) (Will be refused entry). Strong aftershave or deodorant are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.

8. No need to panic or spoil the mood (it's unlikely I'll run off with your 10kg amp) - but leaving keys, wallets or expensive IEMs unattended might not be a good idea

9. You must wear the name tag at all times.

Organiser:
pkwak

Vendors:
Acustoms (confirmed)

Attendees (if you're on this list and you're not sure if you can make it, just post in the thread or message me and I'll remove it entirely or put it in "Expressed interest". Also if you plan on bringing other people just tell me and I'll put a "+" symbol next to your name with the number of people who you plan on bringing with you): 
syNRG
eimis
Xtralglactic
spurxiii
chocolatewol (1)
pkjames
hpz
drez
a_recording
angelo898
mrAdrian
chocolatewol
viper0700
clemmyn23
Errymoose
felixju
sandalaudio
Gandah
ComradeYodich
VaryCold
mcluzar
rzy6cn
Kwiksandz
03trdblack
eaglex3 (+1?)
W00dEar
luco22
boneofimba
KuroTaka

Expressed interest:
Navii
commanderkeen88
askjeebs
alex699
boneofimba
Fluffy Muffinz

Gear (Will be updated continually over time.):

Headphones:
Audio-Technica A900x
Audio-Technica ATH-W1000x
Audio-Technica ATH-W5000
Audio-Techncia ATH-Pro700 MKII
Audio-Technica M50/x
Audio-Technica W10VTG
Audio-Technica ESW9
AKG K400
AKG K420
AKG K550
AKG K612
AKG Q701
AKG K702
Beats Executive
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 ohm
Beyerdyamic DT1350
Beyerdynamic T1
Bowers & Wilkins P5
Creative Aurvana XF1
Denon D5000
Fisher Audio FA-003
Final Audio Pandora Hope VI
Fostex T50RP
Fostex TH600
Fostex TH900
Grado Alessandro MS Pro
Grado rs1i
Grado SR125i
Grado SR225i
HiFiMan HE-4
HiFiMan HE-500
Koss Pro DJ100
Logitech UE9000
Mad Dog 3.2
MartinLogan Mikros 90
Marley Exodus
Phillips Fidelio X1
Phillips SHL3300 DJ
Sennheiser Amperior
Sennheiser Momentum
Sennheiser PX100
Sennheiser HD439
Sennheiser HD558
Sennheiser HD580
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD650
Sennheiser HD800
Sony MDR X05
Sony CD900ST
Sony MDR-MA900
Soul Rebublic Master Tracks
Superlux HD668
Takstar Pro80
Yamaha HPH-200

IEM/Earphones:
AKG K340
Audio Technica-ATH-EC7
Audio-Techncia ATH-EC700
Etymotic HF5
Etymotic ER6i
HiFiMan RE0
Logitech UE700
Logitech UE900
Monster Gratitude Earth Wind and Fire
Monster Turbine
Noble 6
VSonic GR07 Bass Edition
Vsonic GR-6 MKII
Shure SE215
Sony MDR E888LP
Sony MDR 7550
Sony XBA-3
Sony XBA-4
Sony EX700
Sony EX1000
Sennheiser IE8
Sennheiser IE80
Sennheiser IE800
Tralucent 1Plus2 
Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10
Ultimate Ears TripleFi 15 
Ultimate Ears UE900
Westone 4
Yamaha EPH-100

Amp/DAC/Source:
Audio Gd 15.32
Auralic Gemini 2000
Bel Canto Reflink
Bottlehead S.E.X
Burson Conductor
Calyx FEMTO
C&C BH 
Cowon X9
Creative Zen Vision M
ELE DAC
Emotiva Mini-x
Fiio E07K
Fiio E5
Fiio E6
Fiio E07K
Fiio E11
FiiO X3
Fiio X5
Headamp GS-X mk2
HeadRoom Desktop Amp/DAC
iBasso D-Zero
iBasso DX50
iBasso PB2
iPod touch
iPod Nano
iRiver H340
JDS C5D
Just Audio AHA-120 
NFB-10
ODAC
O2 (Objective 2)
Resonance Labs Herus
Resonessence Labs Invicta 
Sandisk Sansa Clip+
Schiit Asguard
Schiit Vali
Sflo:2 
Sony NW-ZX1
Topping TP60
TTVJ Slim
Violectra HPA-V200
V-Moda Vamp Verza

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 343
There is a meet every year in Sydney actually, which is always pretty awesome. It's kind of a volunteer thing, but if you want it to happen you could maybe help out? (Don't have the relevant thread on hand atm sorry...)

Keep in mind that arranging a meet is a pretty serious undertaking. To get a room full of (relative) strangers together with some very expensive gear introduces some questions of safety that require a bit of co-ordination.

I have some friends from Uni who are also into this hobby (some of whom are on Head Fi) and we do occasional little meetups. You can post here to talk to some other Sydney head fiers :)  http://www.head-fi.org/t/580720/aussie-nz-head-fiers-corner

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 343
  There is a meet every year in Sydney actually, which is always pretty awesome. It's kind of a volunteer thing, but if you want it to happen you could maybe help out? (Don't have the relevant thread on hand atm sorry...)

Keep in mind that arranging a meet is a pretty serious undertaking. To get a room full of (relative) strangers together with some very expensive gear introduces some questions of safety that require a bit of co-ordination.

I have some friends from Uni who are also into this hobby (some of whom are on Head Fi) and we do occasional little meetups. You can post here to talk to some other Sydney head fiers :)  http://www.head-fi.org/t/580720/aussie-nz-head-fiers-corner

Yes I do realise this, but you see, I don't think that I am the person to arrange a meet. I do understand that a meet is a huge undertaking, but I am probably the worst person to arrange anything, in the history of anything, in the history of documented history, since the homosapien race began communicating. I mean I don't even know how you would get companies to just go to a place, and display their gear.

I'm also a uni student, and some of my friends are also into the hobby :D Only a few though, I don't think that this is the hobby for many people considering people enjoy spending money on cars and such. With the semester starting soon, I doubt I will be doing much of anything fun anyway, but hopefully, a meet up will come up during the winter break :D

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #8 of 343
  UQ here!

Interesting. I have a friend there from Sydney who went there for Med. I heard that it's pretty good up there!

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #9 of 343

I mean there's going to be one in New Zealand, surely the Sydney chaps can match that!

Our meet is going to be great too! In addition to a bunch of us enthusiasts bringing our gear we have some retailers showing stuff, as well as some brands exhibiting too. Basically EVERY high-end headphone barring the Orpheus is going to be there. You should just come to our meet :)

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #10 of 343

Our meet is going to be great too! In addition to a bunch of us enthusiasts bringing our gear we have some retailers showing stuff, as well as some brands exhibiting too. Basically EVERY high-end headphone barring the Orpheus is going to be there. You should just come to our meet :)

As much as I would love to, I don't think that I'm finiancially capable of making it there. How about bringing the meet to Sydney?? :D Or we can meet halfway and make it Tasmania :p

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #11 of 343
  As much as I would love to, I don't think that I'm finiancially capable of making it there. How about bringing the meet to Sydney?? :D Or we can meet halfway and make it Tasmania :p

Ewwww, Tasmania!

(I jest, I jest)

Shame you can't make it, but just want to say our Australian brethren will be most welcome at our NZ meet!

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #12 of 343
Ewwww, Tasmania!

(I jest, I jest)

Shame you can't make it, but just want to say our Australian brethren will be most welcome at our NZ meet!

Hahahaha it seems like no one wants to go to Tassie. If i can in the future, i most definitely will take you up on that offer

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #14 of 343
I am willing to organise another Can Con (4th) this year if there is enough interest, (minimum 25). Thinking May 11th tentatively.

I am in if there are more people. I think I can get myself +3 others  (minimum) to go if this goes ahead.
There are some that I've met at UNSW that I think would be in as well (maybe another 5 or so people)
I've also met another 3 peeople who I've met through buying/selling who have also expressed interest in a meet.
I'm sure that more people are willing to go as well if we can get this together.

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #15 of 343
^ I'm in. 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back