Can anyone give me a run down on their thoughts on Cowon X9 and iAudio 10?
Oct 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:
i m the i10 review basher :wink: so you know what i think of the interface. it s bad and stupid but as long as it s about listening and picking an album, it s like any other player. if you like to do more, run!!!!

You werent kidding about the interface.  Even just with music, the touchpad makes this thing suck.  Ughh

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #17 of 25
it gets better after a few days. but be super careful with the usb.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #18 of 25
Cant stand it.  shipping it back.

And maybe its just me, but I A/B the i10 and Galaxy Nexus with no EQ and the SQ is not a huge improvement with the i10. Just not worth the hassle of the crappy interface and proprietary charger

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #19 of 25
sorry the sound wasn't enough to make you happy. the rest surely doesn't help. but again after a few days you learn what you absolutely mustn't do. you learn or you brick it. so maybe sending it back when it still works if a favor you re doing to cowon :)

i wish you luck in your quest.

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #20 of 25
Hey! I like the sound of the X9 though i have not had other players except my ipod nano. i have recorded all my own cds and use some older Sony mdrv6 headphones for my listening and it sounds pretty good to me. i do not like the idea that i can't get any help on any of the web sites to answer any questions. I sign up and wait for there password to get me in the system and they have not sent me the password so i cant get through to ask why i can't get my album covers to show up with my songs1 I put them in same folder etc. but when i go into menu all the albums show up and then i click on one and all that is there is the album picture. I do not understand how to do this. is there a program i am missing that should be in the files? My purchased pics only 2  from Amazon show up with the music. Why that is i have no clue why i cant do the same when i put it in the folder etc. After seeing the folder marked x9 and clicking i thought i was accessing my music but only the cover pics show up. can someone help me understand what i may be doing wrong! Thanks, larry

Nov 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:
Hey! I like the sound of the X9 though i have not had other players except my ipod nano. i have recorded all my own cds and use some older Sony mdrv6 headphones for my listening and it sounds pretty good to me. i do not like the idea that i can't get any help on any of the web sites to answer any questions. I sign up and wait for there password to get me in the system and they have not sent me the password so i cant get through to ask why i can't get my album covers to show up with my songs1 I put them in same folder etc. but when i go into menu all the albums show up and then i click on one and all that is there is the album picture. I do not understand how to do this. is there a program i am missing that should be in the files? My purchased pics only 2  from Amazon show up with the music. Why that is i have no clue why i cant do the same when i put it in the folder etc. After seeing the folder marked x9 and clicking i thought i was accessing my music but only the cover pics show up. can someone help me understand what i may be doing wrong! Thanks, larry

i signed in on the samsung page once. got the password and ... i stopped checking for an answer to my request after a month ^_^

about covers, did you try to rename your cover to "cover.jpg" and put the pic in the folder with the songs?

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #23 of 25
Hi
I did load it in a folder entitled cover.jpg but still doesnt come up in the album area to view but it does show it included in the file with songs but have to access it separately. Is it possible i need the program they say is in there ? Album cover art? By the way it is in a folder entitled music, which is in the folder cover.jpg. Is that OK? Thanks

Nov 15, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:
Hi
I did load it in a folder entitled cover.jpg but still doesnt come up in the album area to view but it does show it included in the file with songs but have to access it separately. Is it possible i need the program they say is in there ? Album cover art? By the way it is in a folder entitled music, which is in the folder cover.jpg. Is that OK? Thanks

arf. i don't even understand what you ve done. my suggestion was:
-you have a directory with the songs of 1 album.
-you take the picture of that album named "superalbumwhatever.jpg" and rename it to "cover.jpg"
-you put that picture "cover.jpg" with the songs of the album. same place same directory.
-you copy all this directory in your music directory on the player .

voila!
maybe someone speaking english better than you and i can make this clear and simple. because it really is simple.

Nov 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #25 of 25
Thank You for sharing! I forgot to tell you that i have a head injury and i am not able to understand this very well! it sounds very simple to one who can grasp what you are saying to do! I am just not familiar with this task because my ipod was learned to load pics directly from copy transmanager and then loading into their software etc. Forgive me for not understanding but i need a step by step instruction if you so feel wanting to help me because i am still not sure what to do after reading your reply. i can only tell you what i did do and that is it! Thanks 4 your understanding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back