Can anyone give me a run down on their thoughts on Cowon X9 and iAudio 10?
Oct 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 25
i did a review on the i10 because the only thing i could find was 1 overenthusiastic review and i felt like i had to badmouth the i10 a lot more.
the only reason not to take the x9 is the size of it. i m used to players the size of the i10 and really can't figure out how to handle bigger in everyday use without compromises.

i10 survival guide:
 remember to never "hard disconnect" the usb and always plug it in one go, use the UI just to move between "now playing" and "list" (don't you dare go somewhere else!!!). then you have your honnest player doing its job.
and the x9 does all that better i m sure, probably even the sound as iaudio products are the cheap person sons of cowon.

if you got specific questions about the i10 i ll do my best to answer.

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #3 of 25
SQ is my biggest concern, but I read the one big review on this site which bashes the interface

So what are your thoughts on SQ and if you can compare it to other devices

And what do you think aobut the interface?

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 25
i m the i10 review basher :wink: so you know what i think of the interface. it s bad and stupid but as long as it s about listening and picking an album, it s like any other player. if you like to do more, run!!!!

my personal XP ( i didn't get any 800$ dap) sony is the best if you like warm sound and bass.
the clip+ and most samsung i ve tried (dunno about last model) are great if you like clean somewhat flat sound. you get a little smaller soundstage, but the difference is nothing compared to going from headphone to intra. so it s about choice here, not quality.
cowon is in between with the tweaks to become a lot like sony, or like a sansa. if you re unsure about your tastes, go for cowon, if you prefer the sony signature go for sony as they still do that better.
and at last, if you know you don't mind missing the cowon tweaks because you know you won't use those cheap tricks, get a clip+ and use your money to get a good headphone or intra.

i like all my intras in the cowon (with some minor tweaks or EQ).
i get tired real soon of sony with my crap intras i use for sport (cheap stuff seems to always abuse ugly bass) .
same thing i get tired real quick of my er4p on the clip+ even when i EQ it. percussions soon start to oppress me, they re so dry and clean it hurts. doesn't mean i don't enjoy those dap a lot with other intras/iem, or amped.  the cowon just blends easily with everything for me.
i don't talk about apple, because refusing flac or flash for so many years is a sign of misplaced stubbornness i don't want to be part of. on the other hand they do sound much better than before.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #5 of 25
Oct 10, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #6 of 25
i meant that anytime they name a product iaudio, you know it is dedicated to low end market. even the very old s9 had better ... well everything compared to any iaudio. only the sound seems to be the same. (may the audio gods bless cowon for saving the sound !!!)

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:
i meant that anytime they name a product iaudio, you know it is dedicated to low end market. even the very old s9 had better ... well everything compared to any iaudio. only the sound seems to be the same. (may the audio gods bless cowon for saving the sound !!!)

Quote:
... only the sound seems to be the same

... meaning that the S9, X7, X9, Z2, iAudio 9, iAudio 10 sound great (say, like the Cowon j3)?

All I want is the cheapest  Cowon player with a very good sound.  Which one?

( I don't care about their video, gaming, Wi-Fi, etc)

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #11 of 25
Bad buy, better is hisound nova on preorder for $90, normal price is $160. + 32gb microsd.
They have even better SQ.

Only if they've gotten rid of the hiss plaguing some of their other offerings. Also the crappy UI. I had the Rocoo BA, fine unit. not worth keeping. I've had the i9 for a few years now and its the DAP I carry if I want something small.

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:
Bad buy, better is hisound nova on preorder for $90, normal price is $160. + 32gb microsd.

How do you know if you haven't heard one?

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #13 of 25

rikardoliepa this is now easily the 4th time I have seen you speaking about either IEM or DAP's you haven't heard making assumptions.

What part about "don't comment on gear you haven't heard or own" do you not understand?

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #15 of 25
Nova sounds like rocoo p, according to hisound, and i have cowon player.

See, then you should of said exactly that or similar, explain in your posts exactly what you said there. It helps people understand what you mean. Now we know that Hisound have said Nova will sound similar to Rocco P and from your C2 you think Rocco P sounds better. It's much easier to comprehend and won't get you caught up in strife.

It's just I see you doing it all the time and it's confusing members without knowing all the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back