Campfire Vega - What is the next undisputed level?
May 18, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #31 of 52
Interesting track! I am a fan of stuff such as that in doses, but more in the realms of Lane 8 (Chill) Thomas Jack (Tropical house) Rap (I'm sure you know - but Mob Deep for example along with some new stuff, music produced by Scott Storch), The Magician, Her, David Guetta, Avicii, ZHU, Jenaux - and so forth. This stuff is has great bass, especially at the drops and I enjoy it so much with the Vegas, its almost like taking a drug you love for the first time if I've gone some time without listening to them. I am hoping the Legend X or anything else would trump that feeling by some margin given the price difference.

It should, and it does. By most people's reckoning the Atlas (which I used to own) is a step up from the Vegas and the LX is a big step up from the Atlas (imho).

May 18, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #32 of 52
Yeah the Legend really is a different monster from both the Vega AND the Atlas, it plays on a completely different playing field. From everything I've read, the Valkyrie is more in line with the Atlas competition wise... and I suspect that the Valkyrie would be a step up from the Atlas in that regard seeing as its a hybrid. The Legend has more audiophile credentials to it then all listed here from everything I've read on the Valkyrie and heard in the Atlas and Vega.

May 18, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #33 of 52
Interesting track! I am a fan of stuff such as that in doses, but more in the realms of Lane 8 (Chill) Thomas Jack (Tropical house) Rap (I'm sure you know - but Mob Deep for example along with some new stuff, music produced by Scott Storch), The Magician, Her, David Guetta, Avicii, ZHU, Jenaux - and so forth. This stuff is has great bass, especially at the drops and I enjoy it so much with the Vegas, its almost like taking a drug you love for the first time if I've gone some time without listening to them. I am hoping the Legend X or anything else would trump that feeling by some margin given the price difference.

If your REALLY want to break the bank and take it up a notch, the new model that is set to imminently be announced by Empire Ears and may be just what you're looking for. Speculation around its placing but many believe that it's going to be the successor (or partner) flagship to the Legend X and is going to incorporate a tri-brid set up like the valkyrie with more flagship technicalities.

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #34 of 52
Yeah the Legend really is a different monster from both the Vega AND the Atlas, it plays on a completely different playing field. From everything I've read, the Valkyrie is more in line with the Atlas competition wise... and I suspect that the Valkyrie would be a step up from the Atlas in that regard seeing as its a hybrid. The Legend has more audiophile credentials to it then all listed here from everything I've read on the Valkyrie and heard in the Atlas and Vega.
The Valkyrie is really nothing like either the Vega or the atlas so it's hard to make a direct comparison. Technically it's probably a bit better, but I would imagine not by a huge margin. I don't have the Valkyrie anymore to compare, but the Valkyrie was really more of a hard v shaped signature while both the atlas and vega are much more bass focused.

So don't think I would recommend it as a direct upgrade path from the Vega.

May 18, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #36 of 52
@Tristy Hmm really? I wish you had not said that! Here I am looking for a good retail outlet on the Legend X. You said imminent? Are we talking days, weeks, months? Damn

Considering EE’s main man said it was pretty much incoming, and we’ve known about it for over a year I think? I’d say days. I reckon Friday the latest but I could be wrong.

May 18, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #37 of 52
Interesting. Is there a thread you can link to this? Curious to read up on it. I would wonder like you say if it is supposed to be a replacement or another flagship that represents a different sound signature.

At what price new, would be a no brainer for the LX in your opinion. I have some emails out right now toa few dealers to see if anyone will cut a deal.

May 18, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #38 of 52
I think I found the GiAnT thread that speaks of these(Odin).....In the little poking around I did, it seems like there is much speculation around what they will be similar to. That said, one thing * seems * pretty certain and that is the price - around the Wraith(?). If so, that would be out of my budget. In addition, I feel like it takes 6 months to a year for enough reviews to be out from different people to get a good feel on a sound signature on TOTL IEM as there is no good place to try these, or anything like it for that matter.

May 19, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #39 of 52
I think I found the GiAnT thread that speaks of these(Odin).....In the little poking around I did, it seems like there is much speculation around what they will be similar to. That said, one thing * seems * pretty certain and that is the price - around the Wraith(?). If so, that would be out of my budget. In addition, I feel like it takes 6 months to a year for enough reviews to be out from different people to get a good feel on a sound signature on TOTL IEM as there is no good place to try these, or anything like it for that matter.
Yeah the jury is out on the pricing of the Odin, EE could surprise us completely and price it at the Legends pricing and lower the Legend for all we know. But yeah you’ll be waiting a while to get a consensus from reviews.

May 19, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #41 of 52
At what price, would you consider the Legend X a great buy brand new? I am waiting for a few dealers to get back to me.

What part of the world are you in? I would recommend grabbing a used one (they come up sometimes for ~$1400 lately) and if you don't like it then you can sell at a minimal loss...and if you like it enough you can still sell it then upgrade to a custom or something.

May 19, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #43 of 52
I am in the US. I'll keep an eye out for used, but would prefer new. Everything I am hearing point to this being what I am looking for.

I agree based on my experience it is exactly what you're looking for.

May 19, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #44 of 52
Any suggestions on an Andoid DAP that can stream Tidal HiFi? I will be using my Note 10+ w/Ibasso DC02 for a bit, but wll eventually get a dedicated player. So far I am thinking the Sony ZX507....

May 19, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #45 of 52
Any suggestions on an Andoid DAP that can stream Tidal HiFi? I will be using my Note 10+ w/Ibasso DC02 for a bit, but wll eventually get a dedicated player. So far I am thinking the Sony ZX507....
Without a price range it's gonna be real hard to narrow something down.

I am quite partial to the cayin n6ii (currently using e01 motherboard), especially since they have swappable motherboards to change out dacs and amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back