Campfire Vega - What is the next undisputed level?
May 17, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #16 of 52
Interesting stuff. It sounds like the Legend X, Tia Trio, or Sony is the way to go. Coincidentally there is a review of the Trio and Legend X on Youtube. I watched it and the guy likes the Trio better, but potentially for reasons that do not matter to me. It appears the Legend X is a more powerful, raw version of the Vega - exactly what I would be looking for.

May 17, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #17 of 52
Interesting stuff. It sounds like the Legend X, Tia Trio, or Sony is the way to go. Coincidentally there is a review of the Trio and Legend X on Youtube. I watched it and the guy likes the Trio better, but potentially for reasons that do not matter to me. It appears the Legend X is a more powerful, raw version of the Vega - exactly what I would be looking for.

That's Resolve's review. He prefers the Trio for the exact reason I prefer the Legend X lol The Trio and Legend both have basshead audiophile tendencies-- however the Trio falls slightly more on the audiophile side of the spectrum, and the Legend X more on the basshead side of the spectrum. Both are great but if bass is your priority then it's the Legend all the way.

May 17, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #18 of 52
As a former owner of the Vega and a current owner of the trio, the trio really isn't a direct upgrade. It's been a long time since I have heard the Vega though. The trio is definitely better overall, but it's really not the same signature. It's not nearly as bassy and has a lot more treble energy and sparkle than the Vega.

I also haven't heard the legend x, but some have said that the legend x is kind of like a better atlas (though some have said otherwise). The atlas is likely a direct upgrade though also not quite the same signature either.

I also have the z1r and think it's a worthy upgrade that's definitely on the bassier side, but not nearly as bassy as the atlas or likely the Vega.

May 17, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #19 of 52
As a former owner of the Vega and a current owner of the trio, the trio really isn't a direct upgrade. It's been a long time since I have heard the Vega though. The trio is definitely better overall, but it's really not the same signature. It's not nearly as bassy and has a lot more treble energy and sparkle than the Vega.

I also haven't heard the legend x, but some have said that the legend x is kind of like a better atlas (though some have said otherwise). The atlas is likely a direct upgrade though also not quite the same signature either.

I also have the z1r and think it's a worthy upgrade that's definitely on the bassier side, but not nearly as bassy as the atlas or likely the Vega.

It's funny that with all the gear you've been through you still have the Vega as your userpic.

May 17, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #20 of 52
It's funny that with all the gear you've been through you still have the Vega as your userpic.
Hah indeed, I still have fond memories of it, though I think the atlas completely replaced it. Maybe it's time for a new user pic...

May 17, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #21 of 52
Hah indeed, I still have fond memories of it, though I think the atlas completely replaced it. Maybe it's time for a new user pic...

Try and get a pic with the Z1R, Solaris, and Trio :)

May 17, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #22 of 52
Try and get a pic with the Z1R, Solaris, and Trio :)
Perhaps I will, maybe it will give me a good excuse to get some use out of my even more expensive other hobby, photography.

May 18, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #23 of 52
Campfire’s own upgrade to the vega is the atlas. Love mine

May 18, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #24 of 52
Thank you for the replies all....Ya, looked at the Atlas and I despise the way it looks tbh. Sure, I shouldn't care about that, but I do. Also, I am curious to try a new brand. 64 Audio is out of WA (so am I) and I like supporting local. I was pretty set on the Tia Trio, but after folks brought up the Legend X it appears, that may literally, be exactly what I am looking for.

Other comments and suggestions are welcome.

May 18, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #25 of 52
Thank you for the replies all....Ya, looked at the Atlas and I despise the way it looks tbh. Sure, I shouldn't care about that, but I do. Also, I am curious to try a new brand. 64 Audio is out of WA (so am I) and I like supporting local. I was pretty set on the Tia Trio, but after folks brought up the Legend X it appears, that may literally, be exactly what I am looking for.

Other comments and suggestions are welcome.
Don't be ashamed! Looks are very important to me too! Out of all the gear I own, nothing compares to the IER-M9 in clarity, imaging and overall cohesiveness. It is truly special. There are even some who prefer the M9 to the Z1R. I've never head the Z1R but I do want to. People have said the Z1R has the best soundstage they've ever heard, IEM or over ear.

May 18, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #26 of 52
Interesting. Maybe I will give those a try. That said, I am highly intrigued by the Legend X. From what everyone and some research is saying it should blow the Vega out of the water in any and all categories someone like me would want (Hip-Hop, Rap, EDM, House).

I am guessing the X is easy to drive right?

May 18, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #27 of 52
Interesting. Maybe I will give those a try. That said, I am highly intrigued by the Legend X. From what everyone and some research is saying it should blow the Vega out of the water in any and all categories someone like me would want (Hip-Hop, Rap, EDM, House).

I am guessing the X is easy to drive right?

It's not that hard. For comparison, on my n6ii E01 Solaris (which is notoriously easy to drive) at volume 45/100 will be as loud as LX at 70. For further reference on the Anole VX it would be about 60 and the IER Z1R probably about 80-85, though I never heard it through the E01.

May 18, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #28 of 52
Out of the Z1R, Legend X, and Tia Trio, the Legend X is probably the closest in terms of sound. The Legend X has a slightly more emphasized V shape in comparison to the Vega. The other two are going to have less bass emphasis than the Vega and have more focus on mids (in comparison to vega, not in general).

May 18, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #29 of 52
I put the LX in after not having heard it in a few days...it's such a blast. I don't consider it an "all rounder" for the music I listen to on the whole...but what it does well it's so much better than anything else it should be within the highest tier of whatever you're considering.

If you have the LX and like good electronic check this out:

May 18, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #30 of 52
Interesting track! I am a fan of stuff such as that in doses, but more in the realms of Lane 8 (Chill) Thomas Jack (Tropical house) Rap (I'm sure you know - but Mob Deep for example along with some new stuff, music produced by Scott Storch), The Magician, Her, David Guetta, Avicii, ZHU, Jenaux - and so forth. This stuff is has great bass, especially at the drops and I enjoy it so much with the Vegas, its almost like taking a drug you love for the first time if I've gone some time without listening to them. I am hoping the Legend X or anything else would trump that feeling by some margin given the price difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back