Campfire - Solaris
Oct 21, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #10,413 of 12,035
Nah not just you. The solaris is a pretty flat sounding iem, so I found it pairs better with warmer sources. In my case I preferred the lotoo paw s1 with the solaris over the cayin n6ii.
Thanks! I’ve actually been eyeing the S1
By the way, was gonna consider pulling the trigger on sr25 cause of great battery life compared to sp1000m. But after reading your impressions, I'll have to start look into warmer sounding daps :sweat_smile:
It’s not a bad DAP but it just doesn’t pair to my liking with my Solaris. I’m guessing because of the output impedance.

Oct 22, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #10,415 of 12,035
I finally received a 2.5mm-to-3.5mm adapter for my ALO SXC 8 cable and it has made my Solaris OG (Original???) really added a slight shimmer to the treble sparkle...all without harshness. The signature is still rather mids-forward...but really has the mids corresponding to other ends of the sound spectrum. The bass is really-really dependent on how the recording was produced...like my HD250 Linear I. I can quite tell whether the added treble sparkle is adding shimmer to the holographic soundstaging and imaging...but it is really fun to search the details. Absolutely enjoying ALO SXC 8 right now. :)

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #10,417 of 12,035
My worst nightmare... since mine alrd starting in the edge...
Did the sound change btw ??

same problem like mine, no sonic degradation but it looks ugly with uneven flaking on the surface

Oct 22, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #10,419 of 12,035
My worst nightmare... since mine alrd starting in the edge...
Did the sound change btw ??

Of course I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but I have to say I really think that with all the gold removed, it looks pretty stylish; a brushed aluminium effect with gold detail on the logo :)

Oct 22, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #10,420 of 12,035
Of course I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but I have to say I really think that with all the gold removed, it looks pretty stylish; a brushed aluminium effect with gold detail on the logo :)
Solaris limited edition incoming :p (j/k)

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #10,421 of 12,035
I finally received a 2.5mm-to-3.5mm adapter for my ALO SXC 8 cable and it has made my Solaris OG (Original???) really added a slight shimmer to the treble sparkle...all without harshness. The signature is still rather mids-forward...but really has the mids corresponding to other ends of the sound spectrum. The bass is really-really dependent on how the recording was produced...like my HD250 Linear I. I can quite tell whether the added treble sparkle is adding shimmer to the holographic soundstaging and imaging...but it is really fun to search the details. Absolutely enjoying ALO SXC 8 right now. :)
If you really want to hear them sing, get a pure OCC silver cable.

Oct 22, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #10,424 of 12,035
I had a pure OCC silver cable before and it seems too revealing to the point where the treble can be harsh...but it might not be on the Solaris.
Or it could be that is was revealing that the player had harsh treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back