Campfire - Solaris
Nov 2, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #6,616 of 12,035
Some news from the limited Solaris

Limited to 700units ,
The post above is right , the gold is gone
The acoustic chamber will be out of carbon instead of Acryl
Release is 21.11
Price around 2100 euro ( I guess a bit cheaper in US , as always )

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #6,617 of 12,035

Limited to 700units ,
Release is 21.11
Thx for the new informations :)

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #6,618 of 12,035

Limited to 700units ,
Release is 21.11

Man, thats steep. Will probably be able to get a Legend X on Black Friday sales prices for that. Hmmm any news about sound changes and geographical availability?

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #6,619 of 12,035
Man, thats steep. Will probably be able to get a Legend X on Black Friday sales prices for that. Hmmm any news about sound changes and geographical availability?
There is a different tuning yes , but I have no information (yet) about “what exactly” are the differences .. only around 20 units for EU what I’ve heard

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #6,620 of 12,035
There is a different tuning yes , but I have no information (yet) about “what exactly” are the differences .. only around 20 units for EU what I’ve heard
Wow that’s worse than what I heard from Thomas. He mentioned the 20 for Germany...
I must get one :L3000:

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #6,621 of 12,035

Limited to 700units ,
Release is 21.11

thanks for the information. Always good to read more details.
Do you have the online source?

*i think one bit might not be correct.

(i will cease chatting now until i have something solid to share)..

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #6,622 of 12,035

Will have to play it by ear as I’ve been looking at either the Legend or the new Solaris. I’ll wait to see what the tuning differences are supposed to be.

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #6,627 of 12,035
He said 10 for Germany “around 10” and around 20 for Eu to me ...
Ok maybe the infos weren’t that detailed at the time I’ve talked to him - or maybe I have stupidity :gs1000smile:
Doesn’t matter as long I get the new one :wink:

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #6,628 of 12,035
Ok maybe the infos weren’t that detailed at the time I’ve talked to him - or maybe I have stupidity :gs1000smile:
Doesn’t matter as long I get the new one :wink:
I dunno yet .. the price tag is a bit heavy if you consider that you get the OG used for 1k . I wait for a reply of the tuning differences now :)

Nov 2, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #6,630 of 12,035
Returned my original Solaris 2 days ago to local store, seems right move :darthsmile:

Surprised they accepted a return.... I don’t think I’ve heard or seen of an EU seller accept iems return as they usually quote ‘personal hygiene’ to avoid doing so.

I haven’t seen it mentioned here but has anyone tried the pure silver litz balanced cable from CA which I understand comes standard (not balanced) with the Atlas or as a separate accessory from CA; with the Solaris...?

I seem to recall that Ken said it would open up the sound stage and improve detail but on other threads I read that guys talk about pure silver giving a brighter sound and that it reduces the low bass...?

Personally I really enjoy the Solaris cable but I wonder what a balanced version would be like in comparison... or indeed a pure silver balanced cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back