Campfire - Solaris
Dec 26, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #2,596 of 12,035
Does this mean the LCD 4 is FLAWLESS? Please do explain I'm confused.
All 3 are Flawless. I don't recon anything wrong with any one.
Flawless == Not having any glaring flaws.
Flawless =/= Perfect.

Seems like the world champion right now with it just pulling ahead of everything else in each round.
It's a $4k headphones compared to 2 IEMs at $1500 and $2000.

10 point is just a figure with LCD4 as benchmark. Anything less than 10, it’s inferior relative to LCD4. Anything over 10, it’s superior.

Yes, as stated in the Round 1 post, LCD 4 serves as the benchmark

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #2,597 of 12,035
All 3 are Flawless. I don't recon anything wrong with any one.
Flawless == Not having any glaring flaws.
Flawless =/= Perfect.

Yes, as stated in the Round 1 post, LCD 4 serves as the benchmark
I don't think they are really interested in what you mean by flawless.
They most likely can't afford the iem, and are just trolling to pass time.
I have read impressions of a few of the people hanging around this thread, they hate the Solaris. Yet they are still here, day after day, complaining about the same things, harping on the flawless comment.

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #2,598 of 12,035
Heard 3 LCD-4's myself, all sounded different and I only kinda liked 1 of them but not enough to say it is good. Some kilobuck iem's were better than the other 2 which was a damn shame.

Also to add a little bit, did you just imply higher $ = higher performance?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #2,599 of 12,035
Heard 3 LCD-4's myself, all sounded different and I only kinda liked 1 of them but not enough to say it is good. Some kilobuck iem's were better than the other 2 which was a damn shame.

Also to add a little bit, did you just imply higher $ = higher performance?
Yea almost all higher $ Headphones are usually better than $1k IEMs. Ultrasone Edition 10 and oBravo might be exceptions but usually that is pretty much always the case.

You might not prefer a particular sound signature, doesn't mean it's worse than whatever IEM you like.
I have heard pretty much everything out there Abyss 1266 Phi, Sennheiser Orpheus 2, Stax SR009, Hifiman Susvara, Mr Speakers Voce and LCD 4 is right up there in terms of SQ.

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #2,600 of 12,035
Yea almost all higher $ Headphones are usually better than $1k IEMs. Ultrasone Edition 10 and oBravo might be exceptions but usually that is pretty much always the case.

You might not prefer a particular sound signature, doesn't mean it's worse than whatever IEM you like.
I have heard pretty much everything out there Abyss 1266 Phi, Sennheiser Orpheus 2, Stax SR009, Hifiman Susvara, Mr Speakers Voce and LCD 4 is right up there in terms of SQ.

Can you do any comparisons without headphones? I don't think it's justifiable comparing iems to headphones. It's like comparing speakers to headphones and we all know what wins. So can we keep it an apples to apples comparison. Comparing it to anything else doesn't do it justice.

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #2,601 of 12,035
Can you do any comparisons without headphones? I don't think it's justifiable comparing iems to headphones. It's like comparing speakers to headphones and we all know what wins. So can we keep it an apples to apples comparison. Comparing it to anything else doesn't do it justice.
The comparison is still primarily between the 2 IEMs, the LCD 4 just serves as a point of reference where I feel I need a better sounding alternative than both to determine which is better.

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #2,602 of 12,035
The comparison is still primarily between the 2 IEMs, the LCD 4 just serves as a point of reference where I feel I need a better sounding alternative than both to determine which is better.

Can't you use another iem as a reference? It's like saying I'm tasting 2 apples to see which is better but using an orange as reference. Does it make sense?

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #2,603 of 12,035
Can't you use another iem as a reference? It's like saying I'm tasting 2 apples to see which is better but using an orange as reference. Does it make sense?
Is there a better IEM than both that does everything better than both? If yes, then I'd just get that and abandon this comparison.
As I stated the point of this comparison was to determine which is the best IEM that I can get in NA without importing Asian or European IEMs.

To me, the point of an IEM is to get the most of the SQ possible of a desktop setup while on the go. This is exactly the reason I comparing them to my desktop setup.

Dec 26, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #2,604 of 12,035
Is there a better IEM than both that does everything better than both? If yes, then I'd just get that and abandon this comparison.
As I stated the point of this comparison was to determine which is the best IEM that I can get in NA without importing Asian or European IEMs.

To me, the point of an IEM is to get the most of the SQ possible of a desktop setup while on the go. This is exactly the reason I comparing them to my desktop setup.

IER Z1R gets closer.

Dec 26, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #2,607 of 12,035

Have you try the RHA CL2? I think @Kitechaser said it’s better than the Solaris.

Dec 26, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #2,609 of 12,035
You can demo it in some places. Final tune is in and its amazing.
Unfortunately, I don't have any Audio Stores near where I live that carry the Z1R or any audio stores at all for that matter.

If the final tuning is really that good then I will sell off my Solaris and just buy it, the difference in pricing is not that big anyway.

However, from @crinacle 's measurements, I am especially worried about that 4kHz - 8kHz FR as I am very very sensitive in that area and one of the reasons the Solaris fits me so well.

Dec 26, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #2,610 of 12,035
Unfortunately, I don't have any Audio Stores near where I live that carry the Z1R or any audio stores at all for that matter.

If the final tuning is really that good then I will sell off my Solaris and just buy it, the difference in pricing is not that big anyway.

However, from @crinacle 's measurements, I am especially worried about that 4kHz - 8kHz FR as I am very very sensitive in that area and one of the reasons the Solaris fits me so well.

I thought measurements didn't mean anything to you? Either way I would definitely rec getting a pair in your ears to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back