Campfire - Solaris
Nov 13, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #1,441 of 12,035
Not everyone has the option of auditioning IEMs locally. If I want to hear these I'd have to go to the event in LA early next year to hear them. I'm not sure driving over 8 hours total is worth listening to one item that I'm considering when there's other IEMs that I've heard because of tours and like plenty fine with my source and dac/amp that I could buy and be happy with. If I didn't suffer from chronic pain travelling to major events where equipment are available for demo wouldn't be that much of an issue. It also doesn't help that my girlfriend isn't into this stuff so I'd have to go alone to anything like camjam or RMAF.

‘You are right’

i.m.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #1,442 of 12,035

Campfire Audio Solaris unboxing pics pron - as promised.

Just the tips: Foamies, silicone and Final Audio tips.

Solaris and Andromeda

Solaris and Atlas

Solaris and Vega

The fit

Non- stock Campfire Audio 4.4mm super litz cable

Full set on www.headpie.net

Unboxing photos for those who missed them.

Solaris unboxing, size comparisons and fit.

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #1,445 of 12,035
Thanks but that's a single bag. What's interesting abou the CA one is that it's small and has two compartments, which is perfect for something like the Andromeda - metalish and easy to scatch merely by bumping around in the same bag/case.

A small separate dual sleeve is perfect - but apparently quite uncommon.

Looking at the cost you'd say Mars. But it's just Western Europe: NL :)
Man. I really like that dual/IEM sleeve. But $65 seems a bit steep.

Seriously, I'm sure CA just had the shipping costs hard-coded somewhere, maybe even with a fat insurance coverage. This price for the sleeves obviously doesn't make sense.

Would be nice if we could get them in Europe at a reasonable cost tho. Little to insure and not really requiring fast shipping, but useful to protect our CA gear.

Now what really worries me more and feels wrong is that I'm getting this urge to order the Solaris because somehow I suspect they are awesome... :-|
PM me your address, and I'll get a shipping quote through the post office for you. Or... if you're eventually going to order Solaris, that'll justify the shipping straight from CA. Either way... you've got options. Because of replacements and stuff, I have 2 of those pouches and love them.

EDIT - To clarify, I'm not offering up my 2nd pouch for sale, but am considering offering buying pouches and then forwarding them on. To get a shipping quote, I'd have to visit my local post office. Online quotes are flat rates and are over $30. I'm certain I can get that cheaper.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #1,446 of 12,035
I want to try the Solaris but with the rate Campfire coming out with products every three to four months I am a little worry that the Solaris will be replaced in a few months. I am not talking about entirely different product, I am talking about mkII, mkIII etc. like Andromeda>Andromeda S or Vega>Atlas>Equinox.Should I try it? Is there more to improve in the current version?

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #1,447 of 12,035
I want to try the Solaris but with the rate Campfire coming out with products every three to four months I am a little worry that the Solaris will be replaced in a few months. I am not talking about entirely different product, I am talking about mkII, mkIII etc. like Andromeda>Andromeda S or Vega>Atlas>Equinox.Should I try it? Is there more to improve in the current version?
Even if CF didnt come out with a new iem, wouldnt you already have bought a new iem ? Also just cause CF comes out with 10 new iems, it will not cause the iem you have to sound bad. Obvious for your HF reputation you wouldnt have the newest and bestus.

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #1,448 of 12,035
Ha ha, without the latest and bestest my reputation is definitely on the line.:beyersmile:
All things are relative, if CF comes out with an iem that sounds better than mine, it will definitely cause mine to sound bad, you don’t know that? All headfiers here know that.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #1,449 of 12,035
Ha ha, without the latest and bestest my reputation is definitely on the line.:beyersmile:
All things are relative, if CF comes out with an iem that sounds better than mine, it will definitely cause mine to sound bad, you don’t know that? All headfiers here knows that.
One day I hope I will.

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #1,450 of 12,035
You kinda drive slow IMO for an 8 hour trip from Vegas to LA. I remember back when I was there on a vacation it took only around 5 hours from Vegas to LA

I'm talking round trip and making 2 stops along the way on the way to LA averaging 4 hours one way. I usually don't make a stop on the way back. No way it's less than a 3 hour drive one way. I'll put money against anyone that can do it in under 3 hours with video proof. I have 2 radar detectors and it always goes off in California and it's necessary to slow down multiple times. 3 and a half is doable, but not under 3. You'd have to push 150 mph for a lot of the way and slow way down in areas that are heavily patrolled by California Highway Patrol and you have to definitely have to slow down in small towns like Barstow and Baker as it's way too dangerous to fly it in those areas on the way to LA. Plus there's those planes that GPS track your speed and bust you just when you think no one is around. I have 3 cars that can exceed 180 mph easily, but it's crazy to do so for extended areas on public roads. That's what my track membership is for.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #1,451 of 12,035
Hi, I've been following this thread as I'm looking to buy a new IEM to use mostly with the Lotoo Paw Gold. I was about to buy the CA Atlas by a recommendation but with this new coming out that seems a better option and would like to ask if anyone has tried it that can share some thoughts.

I have a CA Andromeda that I do not like very much with the LPG mainly because the high hiss.

Thanks
Alberto

Nov 13, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #1,453 of 12,035
Review updated with upgrade cables comparisons and re-structured sources into a source matching section, upcoming will be the added feedback on DX120 pairing

Nov 13, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #1,454 of 12,035
Hi, I've been following this thread as I'm looking to buy a new IEM to use mostly with the Lotoo Paw Gold. I was about to buy the CA Atlas by a recommendation but with this new coming out that seems a better option and would like to ask if anyone has tried it that can share some thoughts.

I have a CA Andromeda that I do not like very much with the LPG mainly because the high hiss.

Thanks
Alberto

I have the Lotoo Paw Gold for two years and I also have the Atlas since March. I have not heard the Solaris, but from descriptions on this thread that it is more similar to the Andromeda than Atlas, I would not think they will pair well mainly because the LPG is rather bright. I think a warmer phone will do better.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,455 of 12,035
How durable do people think the paint on the Solaris are? The Andromeda's green paint flaked off pretty easy if you weren't careful about it

I'm waiting for pre-orders to open in the UK :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back