Campfire - Solaris
Nov 1, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #721 of 12,035
Ladies and Gentelmen, I am only reading praises and hyping. Is there any constructive criticism or should everybody sell their gear and buy Solaris only :wink:?
Yes.

The best foams are the 64 audio ones, they don't kill as much treble for me as comply. Comply are most comfortable, though.
Lol I wanna kill as much Treble as possible

Nov 1, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #722 of 12,035
Lol I wanna kill as much Treble as possible

Why is that?
Those trebles are geniusly tuned they are both exciting and never harsh (contrary to say... EX1000)... and I am everything but a treble head (although I might be becoming one with the Solaris :p )?

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #723 of 12,035
Why is that?
Those trebles are geniusly tuned they are both exciting and never harsh (contrary to say... EX1000)... and I am everything but a treble head (although I might be becoming one with the Solaris :p )?
I hate Treble

Also because I am all about that bass xD (I had been waiting for this opportunity )

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #726 of 12,035
Cons: Sound isn't 'thick', more on the analytical side I would say. This is my sound preference, though. It's not dark at all, not LCD series in sound (to me)

I don't hear the Solaris as being thin at all. It's not Phantom thick but the mids do have weight and body, it's just tuned with keeping enough air to help that insane imaging ability. But yes they're neutral warm so not colored, which was smart tuning as the bass have great presence (although they don't have a mean kick). I could see why the treble performance would have you mention an analytical but to me the Solaris are anything but analytical, they are very very musical and the treble is highly musical as well. I don't see them as tuned for detail and resolution but the highest excitement while remaining safe (no harshness, no fatigue) and great air for the soundstage and clear imaging.

the hype train will do that for you

Haven't you heard?

urFJ2Cw3BSvbvLoHbWA42QyzFC6bNg.png

Welcome to the Hype Train,
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face.
Plenty of room at the Hype Train
Any time of year (any time of year) you can find it here

:D

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #727 of 12,035
The Solaris isn't thin at all. The Andro is thin. But the Solaris tune isn't of warmth to me personally. The Legend X is warm. LCD2-3 is warm, etc. Analytical doesn't mean harsh to me. I love the Solaris. I think they're what the original Tia Forte should have been :D

Nov 1, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #729 of 12,035
The Solaris isn't thin at all. The Andro is thin. But the Solaris tune isn't of warmth to me personally. The Legend X is warm. LCD2-3 is warm, etc. Analytical doesn't mean harsh to me. I love the Solaris. I think they're what the original Tia Forte should have been :D

Yeah ok I think it's just a question of words, we're probably in agreement there.

Analytical to me is the type of signature that get me dissecting the music stunned by the details rather than be drawn to it and forget time and gear altogether, being so close to the artist.. that's what I feel about the Solaris to me it's emotional (oh wait, I see objectivist coming with pitch forks :p). In that sense the Solaris blow me away and I don't even want to dissect anything although given its technical abilities you could do it easily :punch:

Nov 1, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #731 of 12,035
I received my Solaris yesterday and only have had a couple hours with them. Some random thoughts, good & bad:
- They sound amazing, definitely better than the Andromeda. It'll be shocking if they sound even better after burn-in, because they sound damn good already.
- Comfort is better than I expected; yeah, they're large but they sit in my ears fairly well.
- The Super Litz cable is thicker than CA's standard Litz. It's certainly well made, though I wouldn't claim to hear a sound difference. I think I prefer the standard Litz since it's more pliable; for example, the Super Litz cable is harder to shape with the memory wire.
- The case is monstrously large! And I wonder why CA has those leather flaps in the case, which only take up more room and makes me worry I'm going to crush my IEMs between them. No worries though; I use the Shure EAHCASE cases for all my IEMs, and the Solaris fits well inside (and it's half the size as the included case).

Nov 1, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #732 of 12,035
I think analytics are a good thing, Utopia is analytical but has extreme energy and musicality. Doesn't mean boring.
Solaris is my favorite IEM. I've bought and sold 30 things here in like a year. The Solaris is what I've been searching for.

I think it's a testimony to the Solaris that both you and me can say we've found a very strong contender for very different reasons :wink:

Personally the Utopia depending on source can sound to analytical for me and it kinds of overpower the musical aspect that they do possess even with a source as great as Viva Egoista 845 when I had the chance to audition them with it. It's brilliant but not my thing.

Nov 1, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #734 of 12,035
It's funny you mention fit, that was my primary concern as well and the Atlas fit me better than the Vega. I have small ear canals, but with the right tips the atlas just fits perfectly.

For reference, I find the small comply/CA marshmallow tips to be too big lol. I use the smallest Final audio tip and it fits me like a glove. Yea, the Atlas is very small by comparison to the Solaris from the pics

I've read that the JVC Spiral Dots tips were very nice on the Atlas. Anyway, still waiting for a French distributor to get the Solaris. Would really like to give it a try along with its bassy counterparts. Jorja Smith's Blue Lights should be a good choice for testing them, wonderful album :clap::dancer:

Nov 1, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #735 of 12,035
If you buy a Solaris and don't like it, you don't like music.

Let's be careful there, I am pretty sure in upcoming meetups I'll find people who won't like it and who is to say they don't like music?
Let's avoid being like some who say this is a hype train and apparently possess some kind of truth.

I dig Solaris as much as you and it would be hard to imagine that you could hate it but to each his own :)

I've read that the JVC Spiral Dots tips were very nice on the Atlas. Anyway, still waiting for a French distributor to get the Solaris. Would really like to give it a try along with its bassy counterparts. Jorja Smith's Blue Lights should be a good choice for testing them, wonderful album :clap::dancer:

Hmm you could end up waiting a bit... I think even the Atlas is not at Son Vidéo yet and they're the official distributor... better order directly :)

Yes JVC Spiral Dots work even better for me than the grey Tennmak

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back