Campfire - Solaris
Oct 30, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #406 of 12,035
Just a thought, those who have the Solaris at hand... how is the gold plating looking?
I know the WM1Z gold plating is very sensitive, it can come off very easily but it's possible to use a case so it's not a real issue.

Wondering how the Solaris gold plating will grow as it's used... early to tell of course but...

This is one of my main concerns. The Andros scratch far too easily than I'd prefer :worried: I hope the finish is more resilient overall, however at least you get a earphone sleeve bundled with the Solaris this time round.

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #407 of 12,035
This is one of my main concerns. The Andros scratch far too easily than I'd prefer :worried: I hope the finish is more resilient overall, however at least you get a earphone sleeve bundled with the Solaris this time round.

And scratching is a bother but loosing plating could mean that it's visually not very appealing. I am pretty sure those babies will need to be handled with care

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #408 of 12,035
My philosophy on pricing is very simple. If you can find something that’s cheaper that you like better, buy it!
If not, then pay up, buttercup! :money_mouth:

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #409 of 12,035
My philosophy on pricing is very simple. If you can find something cheaper that you like better, buy it. If not, then pay up, buttercup! :money_mouth:
Pretty sure it's behavior like this that is encouraging companies like Spiral Ears, 64 audio, Vision Ears to overprice their goods.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #410 of 12,035
Pretty sure it's behavior like this that is encouraging companies like Spiral Ears, 64 audio, Vision Ears to overprice their goods.
Not sure how you reached that conclusion.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #411 of 12,035

Then don't buy it. There's a lot of things that I want, but I can't afford them and I have to settle for less. If the Solaris is better (I'll wait for reviewers to decide) than the Sony IER-Z1R and the 64 Audio Trio and Fourte and other totl universal hybrids then is the Solaris still expensive? The Solaris is the most affordable totl universal hybrid and yet people are being whiny babies. If it sounds as good as some trusted reviewers are saying then the Solaris is a bargain.

It's insulting to CA and KB who have worked hard to develop this product and priced it lower than other totl universal hybrids and yet people continue to complain about price. Wait for B-grade or used models if you don't want to pay the current price. There might even be a black friday or Christmas sale too so wait and see if there's any of those deals in the upcoming months to save some money if you really want this.

What other totl hybrid is cheaper than the Solaris? I can't think of any.

People complain about the price of totl IEMs more than full sized headphones that cost $4,000 to $6,000 and I don't know why. IEMs look harder to make to me and I like the sound of them better so to me I'm saving money.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #412 of 12,035
Then don't buy it. There's a lot of things that I want, but I can't afford them and I have to settle for less. If the Solaris is better (I'll wait for reviewers to decide) than the Sony IER-Z1R and the 64 Audio Trio and Fourte and other totl universal hybrids then is the Solaris still expensive? The Solaris is the most affordable totl universal hybrid and yet people are being whiny babies. If it sounds as good as some trusted reviewers are saying then the Solaris is a bargain.

It's insulting to CA and KB who have worked hard to develop this product and priced it lower than other totl universal hybrids and yet people continue to complain about price. Wait for B-grade or used models if you don't want to pay the current price. There might even be a black friday or Christmas sale too so wait and see if there's any of those deals in the upcoming months to save some money if you really want this.

What other totl hybrid is cheaper than the Solaris? I can't think of any.

People complain about the price of totl IEMs more than full sized headphones that cost $4,000 to $6,000 and I don't know why. IEMs look harder to make to me and I like the sound of them better so to me I'm saving money.
When did I say Solaris is overpriced?
Solaris is perfectly priced infact I would call it underpriced for a flagship.
Also to show my support I already placed in an order. CA is one of the last remaining companies that is not gouging money from their customers.
At least read the context before accusing people of insulting CA and KB.

It is stuff like Erlkonig, Tia Forte and SE6 that is overpriced. Infact SE6 price was reduced and the CEO acknowledged it was overpriced.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #413 of 12,035
When did I say Solaris is overpriced?
Solaris is perfectly priced infact I would call it underpriced for a flagship.
Also to show my support I already placed in an order. CA is one of the last remaining companies that is not gouging money from their customers.
At least read the context before accusing people of insulting CA and KB.

It is stuff like Erlkonig, Tia Forte and SE6 that is overpriced. Infact SE6 price was reduced and the CEO acknowledged it was overpriced.

The context of your reply to the other poster implies that pricing of products that upsets consumers is what makes companies to overprice items and there's a lot of complaints in this thread about pricing of the Solaris so your reply comes off as another complaint about the price of the Solaris.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #414 of 12,035
The context of your reply to the other poster implies that pricing of products that upsets consumers is what makes companies to overprice items and there's a lot of complaints in this thread about pricing of the Solaris so your reply comes off as another complaint about the price of the Solaris.
My previous reply never included Campfire Audio so at this point you are just assuming and making stuff up. Please read posts again and properly before accusing people of whining and complaining.

What I meant was when people pay up without realizing the worth of a product is what makes companies to overcharge their products. That is what the previous individual said. CA Solaris is clearly worthy of its price as mentioned by many trusted reviewers here and idk why you are getting upset when most of us are not really concerned about its price.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #415 of 12,035
I think that might be worth a dedicated thread about the concerning issue of gear prices especially in the TOTL bracket (true for IEMs but also DAPs)... the market has gone a bit insane this past two years and it's accelerating.
One thing for sure of all the threads this is clearly not the one that should raise such heated debates and we seem to all agree on that (and the value of Solaris vs price):thumbsup:

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #416 of 12,035
This pricing debate is getting a little out of hand. I think we can all agree that we're involved in an expensive hobby, but that's by choice.

At the end of the day a Ferrari will still get you from A to B the same as a Corolla. However, an enthusiast will tell you it's the details under the hood and design etc that make the difference. I think the same applies to headphones/IEMs. Sure there's a difference, but once you reach a certain threshold there are diminishing returns.

If you feel comfortable paying a price then that's fine. If not, that's also fine. Whether a company is producing over priced items probably belongs to a thread elsewhere...

I'd love to hear more about the Solaris and it's qualities! Does anyone know if the nozzle is the same exact nozzle as on the Atlas?

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #417 of 12,035
Well said!

I'd love to hear more about the Solaris and it's qualities! Does anyone know if the nozzle is the same exact nozzle as on the Atlas?

I don't have the Atlas handy so other will confirm but it does seem like the nozzle is the same width but does seem longer on the Solaris.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #418 of 12,035
This pricing debate is getting a little out of hand. I think we can all agree that we're involved in an expensive hobby, but that's by choice.

At the end of the day a Ferrari will still get you from A to B the same as a Corolla. However, an enthusiast will tell you it's the details under the hood and design etc that make the difference. I think the same applies to headphones/IEMs. Sure there's a difference, but once you reach a certain threshold there are diminishing returns.

If you feel comfortable paying a price then that's fine. If not, that's also fine. Whether a company is producing over priced items probably belongs to a thread elsewhere...

I think that might be worth a dedicated thread about the concerning issue of gear prices especially in the TOTL bracket (true for IEMs but also DAPs)... the market has gone a bit insane this past two years and it's accelerating.
One thing for sure of all the threads this is clearly not the one that should raise such heated debates and we seem to all agree on that (and the value of Solaris vs price):thumbsup:
I was only triggered because the other guy straight up accused me of insulting CA and KB when I have much respect for him and his IEMs.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #419 of 12,035
I was only triggered because the other guy straight up accused me of insulting CA and KB when I have much respect for him and his IEMs.

I got that, the real issue is that this debate is raised a lot in different threads (check the SE6 :p ), we might as well concentrate this into one (heated) debate :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back