Campfire - Solaris
Oct 22, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #35 of 12,035
E1E86CA9-AC5B-450C-BF40-F87687F39AC2.jpeg

Screenshot of google Chrome translated page.

(Super could just be a language thing - my guess is it might be the Atlas cable).

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #38 of 12,035
Yeah this is gonna be an expensive one. I'm out. LOL.

What's your guess on price? I'll go with no more than $1,699. KB has said he's not out to gouge buyers and if that's true then this is my educated guess. I think it could be less given this is the same amount that the z1r is selling for on accessory jack. My prediction is that it will be $1,499, but I'm leaving $200 of room for the maximum amount. If it's any higher then there's a lot of customs on my list that I'd put ahead as universals are not as comfortable as they used to be.

I hope that the Solaris is not as sensitive as the andros, is a little bit of a V or U shape, but the mids are not recessed and that the bass has slam and good decay, but no bleed. And it must vent well enough to have good sub bass without hurting eardrums. The Vega hurt my eardrum as it pushed too much air and didn't have a vent. I still think that I have a little permanent damage in my right ear because of it.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #39 of 12,035
I'm guessing 1499 as well. I'm hoping it has the Atlas dd tuning but with added detail like the Andros.

Also,pretty sure the Vega has a vent. If you look at a picture of the product you can see it on the top, basically a black circle inset into the silver housing. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #40 of 12,035
I'm guessing 1499 as well. I'm hoping it has the Atlas dd tuning but with added detail like the Andros.
Also,pretty sure the Vega has a vent. If you look at a picture of the product you can see it on the top, basically a black circle inset into the silver housing. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I bet on higher pricing... yes the Vega does have a (small) vent

Oct 22, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #41 of 12,035
What's your guess on price? I'll go with no more than $1,699. KB has said he's not out to gouge buyers and if that's true then this is my educated guess. I think it could be less given this is the same amount that the z1r is selling for on accessory jack. My prediction is that it will be $1,499, but I'm leaving $200 of room for the maximum amount. If it's any higher then there's a lot of customs on my list that I'd put ahead as universals are not as comfortable as they used to be.

I hope that the Solaris is not as sensitive as the andros, is a little bit of a V or U shape, but the mids are not recessed and that the bass has slam and good decay, but no bleed. And it must vent well enough to have good sub bass without hurting eardrums. The Vega hurt my eardrum as it pushed too much air and didn't have a vent. I still think that I have a little permanent damage in my right ear because of it.
Probably $1500, sounds about right.

If you haven't delved into the ChiFi world you would be surprised what they pull off at the price point. You do risk some QC and warranty though. Ibasso is a reputable ChiFi company and the IT04, which is a 5 driver Hybrid, goes for $500. Doesn't have the CF build though but it's still high quality and has great reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back