Campfire - Solaris
Oct 31, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #571 of 12,035
@seamon Well there is hope that @KB would consider doing a CIEM version like Equinox for the Atlas, if success is big enough which I am betting it will be :p I don't find fit an issue but I am lucky to have the room for the Solaris :D

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #572 of 12,035
@seamon Well there is hope that @KB would consider doing a CIEM version like Equinox for the Atlas, if success is big enough which I am betting it will be :p I don't find fit an issue but I am lucky to have the room for the Solaris :D
This is entirely speculation but I think Atlas was offered first because it relatively simpler with just a single DD. They said that they wanted to go slow with CIEMs. So if they go forward I think next will be Andro and then Solaris.

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #573 of 12,035
Let's see if I can accustomed to this Treble. Definitely the most Treble I have heard from any of my gear.

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #574 of 12,035
A dedicated DAC/AMP takes this to the next level. Soundstage immediately expands. More micro-detail. And the bass, oh boy, it hits like a true DD now. Tried with CMA600i. Hiss sucks tho

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #575 of 12,035
A dedicated DAC/AMP takes this to the next level. Soundstage immediately expands. More micro-detail. And the bass, oh boy, it hits like a true DD now. Tried with CMA600i. Hiss sucks tho

Ugh, really? Would you expect the same with a QP2R?

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #577 of 12,035
I hate Universal IEMs already. Customs are sooooooo much better. These tips(using default foam) are very irritating.

Do you have another mmcx cable without memory wire, just to test the fit? At least for me, it was a huge improvement in fit once I removed the wire, cause the wire was pulling Solaris out of my ears, making them stick out more. I just switched to a balanced cable to continue with burn in, and right away feel the difference since this cable still has a memory wire intact. Also, switch to FA silicone tips.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #578 of 12,035
Do you have another mmcx cable without memory wire, just to test the fit? At least for me, it was a huge improvement in fit once I removed the wire, cause the wire was pulling Solaris out of my ears, making them stick out more. I just switched to a balanced cable to continue with burn in, and right away feel the difference since this cable still has a memory wire intact. Also, switch to FA silicone tips.
I do not. I was on a purely 2 pin rig until today

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #579 of 12,035
The soundstage balanced on DX200 amp4 is INSANE. As wide as the a18t, which is extremely wide, but it's better in terms of pinpoint location precision. The stage is more accurate to my ears. The left - right panning is amazing, really good. Getting better by the album. Seems to do all genres well, too.

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #580 of 12,035
The soundstage balanced on DX200 amp4 is INSANE. As wide as the a18t, which is extremely wide, but it's better in terms of pinpoint location precision. The stage is more accurate to my ears. The left - right panning is amazing, really good. Getting better by the album. Seems to do all genres well, too.
Yep Imaging performance is Godly. Only a Zeus can beat it at this point

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #582 of 12,035
I really wish CA would let us choose the cable/connector for this. Would love to order with the silver balanced cable without having to pay for the 3.5 memory wire that I'll never use.

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #584 of 12,035
Same. Maybe they'll let me swap it for credit when they start selling the stock cable in 4.4 or 2.5?

Maybe? Ken et al. seem to be pretty flexible, supportive folks. At this price point, I don't understand why they don't offer the choice with purchase. Seems odd.

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #585 of 12,035
Agree.

Also, when it comes to customs, I don't know if they're really prepared for it. 64 Audio's custom process and fit is insane, very good. My friend had major issues with Campfire and a pair of custom tips for his Andros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back