Campfire - Solaris
Feb 26, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #3,706 of 12,035
a brief of ABnormalz cable is quite strong Warm character Cable, Low : Sub bass will be more detail ; Mid : Hi Mid will be refined, and High : the spark will be quite reduce... so if other tried my solaris with Abnormalz, they will say the high spark will be less, not the common CA BA stereotype....

Answering ur question, yes, pairing Solaris + Slitz + QP1R will be different, IMO, will be a great pair if you like sparking high detail, since I know QP1R is bright detail DAP Beast....
one of local reviewer, use this to check sibilant, and QP1R is quite famous to change that to detail (which in my ear still consider noise, in good way)

edit : found other user who use QP1R, @Music junky ... hope can help with your impression pairing QP1R with Solaris....

Thank you for sharing your input, @fokta . I guess I'll find out if I like the pairing once I try it. I'm more used to IEMs with a bit of a warmer sound signature so I'll probably find the sparkling, bright character of the Solaris + QP1R pairing a somewhat different experience.

Feb 26, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #3,707 of 12,035
Yes, I said it is the closest ba to dd :)

Feb 26, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #3,708 of 12,035
Thank you for sharing your input, @fokta . I guess I'll find out if I like the pairing once I try it. I'm more used to IEMs with a bit of a warmer sound signature so I'll probably find the sparkling, bright character of the Solaris + QP1R pairing a somewhat different experience.

I have to say that compared to Encore or U18t with m15 apex Solaris is nowhere close to bright as these two guys and Encore was harsh for me. With Solaris I hear no harshness.

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #3,710 of 12,035
My CA Atlas arrive today.. and I am initially very disappointed :frowning2:
Its like my Solaris has had its teeth taken away..

Shall update more on the comparisons after I have listened a few more tracks!
O..Ow... can't wait your impression

What the best after market cable to pair with Solaris?

For me, Slitz that come with it... quite proposional in all freq, SS at it best...
u like The spark of Andro, try Ref8... it will increase the high freq, where the spark is a bit smooth... the downside, Low Freq will be less punchy & Microphonic cable..
U want Detail Low, find warm cable, or JANUS Basso (based on what I exp), really make that DD sings.. Punchy tight bass with detail layered Sub Bass.... (still stick in my memory). Downside, to bloody expensive (that palladium material really costly).
edit : downside warm cable, u missing some spark...

my budget 16 strand H16 is release custom this morning, I hope I can get it before weekend....
SmartSelect_20190226-200435_Chrome.jpg
will break in it first, and give my impression....
@Dsnuts alrd do his impression with the other type, C16 with solaris... #hatsUp

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #3,713 of 12,035
So far I've only driven them with my QA361 dap (single-ended, stock cable), using the 1.04 wav-only firmware, and am super-happy with the pairing. They transcend the 'these sound great--I wanna hear all of my favorites' thought while bouncing from track to track. So far everything I have played on them is more like - "if you change this now, I'll break your fingers"! They present me with trumpets, drums, string-basses, saxes, etc... there is no mids or bass or treble or imaging thoughts-just the music.

As much as I have liked other iems, most of my favorites being DD, or DD-hybrids, I have never heard a hybrid this coherent - Ken is a magician! No need to keep my Vega's now - these do it all for me, and are so efficient that the Quloos dap drives them amazingly well all by itself. I have not yet run it as an analog source into my Pico or Portaphile amps yet- scared I may fall into a black hole, never to return......

Feb 26, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #3,714 of 12,035
Yes you can consider u12t closest ba to dd as far as the iems I have listened to, it's more musical compared to analytical u18t. But ooohhh u18t is something else very airy, very very very much. Give me some time for comparison. Difficult to compare 3 iems at work. I will have no hard time at getting recordings as tidal provides mostly everything. I can use sp1000m. Better pick some songs you are accustomed to so you can relate.

OK, here is the list of a few songs that you can try :) There is no order, I have just randomly picked them… :wink:

· AdeleOne and Only, Cold Shoulder

· SigridFocus (Demo), Raw

· P!nk A Million Dreams, Walk Me Home

· Little Mix - Told You So, The Cure

· Tiffany YoungNot Barbie

· RaeLynn - Dirty Word

As for your another post about the u18t analytical sound, it kinda reflects brand’s flagship sound (I think that only tia drivers are still more of an experiment) – I think that 64audio put this as its primary focus, especially for u18t (to be also very balanced and “neutralish”), while u12t is more fun and probably closer competitor to Solaris in terms of sound rendition.

Feb 26, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #3,715 of 12,035
Using my k.k. cable 4.4mm. Sony with the Solaris . Bet they would sound even better with there balanced cable . Look better too.

Pardon, are these the stock Sony balanced cables? The
Sony Muc-m12nb1?

Feb 26, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #3,716 of 12,035
OK, here is the list of a few songs that you can try :) There is no order, I have just randomly picked them… :wink:

· RaeLynn - Dirty Word

As for your another post about the u18t analytical sound, it kinda reflects brand’s flagship sound (I think that only tia drivers are still more of an experiment) – I think that 64audio put this as its primary focus, especially for u18t (to be also very balanced and “neutralish”), while u12t is more fun and probably closer competitor to Solaris in terms of sound

I will do the comparison first thing in the morning. Yep U12t is closer to Solaris and very musically entertaining but detail retrieval of U18t is also very entertaining in terms of technicality. Hearing things that you have never heard before from the same song puts a smile in your face. There is one amazing thing with Solaris is that mids are not laid back, it puts the highs and lows in your face. Dynamic lows and dynamic lows make you feel mids are laid back but no sir they aren’t. For me fun factor Solaris=U12t >U18t, technicality U18t>U12t > Solaris. Buy any of them you will be happy.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #3,717 of 12,035
What the best after market cable to pair with Solaris?

It could also depend on what source you use but I really like the synergy between R2R2K + Solaris + Leo II. Much better resolution and imaging
comparing to Super Litz 4.4mm cable. It opens up the sound stage side ways while boosting up holographic effect. Feels like a couple layers of veil
taken out with more energy and life put into sound.

Feb 26, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #3,718 of 12,035

· RaeLynn - Dirty Word

Sorry to butt in but a stamp of approval from me for your song choices. Sigrid and Tiffany Young. :thumbsup::ksc75smile:

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #3,719 of 12,035
No need to keep my Vega's now - these do it all for me, and are so efficient that the Quloos dap drives them amazingly well all by itself. I have not yet run it as an analog source into my Pico or Portaphile amps yet- scared I may fall into a black hole, never to return......

ok, OK Tread very carefully there, I have the Vega, I have the Atlas, I also have the Solaris. I sold my Vega and immediately felt like wanting to buy them back. Everything you said about the Solaris is true. But there are times when you just wanted to be pounded on your chest, the Solaris won't do it. There will be times when you are in the Vega mood and wanted someone punching in the stomach, nothing else can do it. I love the Vega size and fit and liquid metal. It is a gem unless you cannot keep it, otherwise I will keep it you won't regard that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back