Campfire Dorado 2020
Apr 10, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #556 of 1,452
I'm enjoying my honeymoon with Odin at the moment but I'll be having a good listening session with these later for a balls-to-the-wall sesh.

I'm 3 weeks in and still enjoying the Dorado honeymoon...even acquiring the Z1R last week wasn't enough to interrupt it.

That said I was really looking forward to hearing the Odin...I hope another opportunity comes my way sometime soon.

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #557 of 1,452
I'm 3 weeks in and still enjoying the Dorado honeymoon...even acquiring the Z1R last week wasn't enough to interrupt it.

That said I was really looking forward to hearing the Odin...I hope another opportunity comes my way sometime soon.
It's performing beyond my expectations... which were lofty to say the least. I can tell they are in the same family as the LX but these go for a different type of sound (obviously).

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #558 of 1,452
It's performing beyond my expectations... which were lofty to say the least. I can tell they are in the same family as the LX but these go for a different type of sound (obviously).

Cool. You're one of the top 3 or so people whose tastes & ideals seem to most closely align with my own. I'll be keeping a close eye on your ongoing impressions.

Apr 10, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #559 of 1,452
Cool. You're one of the top 3 or so people whose tastes & ideals seem to most closely align with my own. I'll be keeping a close eye on your ongoing impressions.
Feel free to ask anything! But yeah If you can try and get hold of it for an audition that would obviously be best. I think you’d really like it, from the impressions that I’ve read the mids of the Ely would still be more to your tastes as Odin’s are super layered and concise, somewhat like the U12t’s but more forward and thick. It strikes a much better balance in that regard with the U12t coming across as much more of a ‘tool’ when I had it, all technicalities and no romance. The Odin is certainly more engaging and involving while still being super resolving. It’s really hard to describe.

Anyway, I’ll stop hijacking the Dorado 2020 thread now as it’s an amazing IEM in its own right.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #560 of 1,452
When you asked me whether I really like any IEM and I can reocmmend it to almost anyone, I hesitated. It is time I come clean and admit that there is one IEM I enjoy tons personally and I consider almost perfect!

This is the Dorado 2020 from Campfire Audio. It has both the resolution of a flagship, a somewhat analytical signature, enough to keep things detailed and fun, but it also has a beautiful bass and some extra warmth, making it ideal for practically any music style!

Not only that, but the comfort is perfect and Campfire managed to remove all void issues from their IEMs, making the Dorado 2020 virtually perfect~

More info, comparisons and details in the full written review~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/04/campfire-dorado-2020-iems-detailed-playful-perfect.html

Campfire-Dorado-Black-Dynamic-Driver-Analytic-V-Shaped-IEMs-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-39.jpg

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #561 of 1,452
Finally 🧘.
I will read it as soon I finish my classes.
Thanks a lot George.

Best wishes
PauLobao

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #564 of 1,452
I highly recommend some drum and bass and electronic with the Dorados. They are so good for these genres. I was listening to Sub-focus's newest album last night in master quality on Tidal and it was so engrossing. Also Celldweller!
@Rockwell75 Nora En Pure Bartok EP. (The whole Anjunadeep Label is phenomenal) but if you listen to anything from her; Bartok (Extended Mix) and Wetlands (it's own single). Enjoy that high quality bass on Bartok and stereo imaging on Wetlands.

Apr 13, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #565 of 1,452
This is the beauty of Solaris. I often wondered why I remained so enamoured with that one IEM so steadily for so long while so many others went by the wayside and this ultimately is what it boils down to for me. It didn't matter how many weeks, months, days I listened to them I never really felt I had a full sense of their balance and what it revealed-- through the Solaris your favorite recordings become almost a bottomless well, one that doesn't pull you in right away like say the Elysium, but over time the capacity to pull you in deeper is seemingly limitless. Solaris at its best can be something of a zen experience-- but saying to someone who criticizes it that "dude you just gotta spend 600 hours on it then you'll see" is kind of a meme...but I think in this case there is something to it. I'll likely own one again sometime-- in fact if a decent deal on an OG Solaris pops up I may go for it just to experience one again.
Would you recommend a steal price on an OG or SE? Gosh the newest LE vs 2020 is obnoxious for second hand market. I am not treble sensitive at all.

Apr 13, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #566 of 1,452
Awesome stuff @paulobao! Hope you enjoy them.

Apr 13, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #567 of 1,452
Would you recommend a steal price on an OG or SE? Gosh the newest LE vs 2020 is obnoxious for second hand market. I am not treble sensitive at all.

SE has better mids and a tighter overall sound, OG has better highs. That said I haven't heard the OG in over a year so my impressions aren't very fresh. I would take the Dorado over any version of the Solaris (and anything else I've heard that isn't the Elysium right about now). YMMV and all that.

Apr 13, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #568 of 1,452
I use Azla Sedna tips and they completely eliminated any fit issues with the Z1R for me. That said, as someone who owns and loves both Z1R and Dorado 2020, imho the Dorado is a better IEM for the specific type of music you mention, regardless of price differential. Z1R is an epic and grand sounding IEM but the Dorado FR works better with hip hop, R&B, pop etc...ymmv etc. etc. I hope you get to hear both.
I think that's what's missing in alot of people's considerations for those genres, the Sony is a sub bass player but those genres exist in the mid bass punch arena.

Apr 13, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #569 of 1,452
No Dorado yet! Apparently DHL didn't work today (neither last Friday!).
One question about cables...no, it's not the blah, blah about how much better an expensive cable is (lol). I always go balanced with my iems. The original Dorado Cable it's not! So, I'm planning to buy a balanced one from them!
I saw that the one you use connected to Dorado's it's the Super Litz 4.4 and not the Litz 4.4. Since I think Dorado's must be small and light, how do you find the Super Litz weight and diameter? I mean, since they have the double of the wires of the regular Litz they must weight almost the double and must be way thicker!
Thx
I've got the Ares 2 and the 2+ attached to my Andromeda Gold's. The width difference and pliability is substantial on these copper boys.
Hi everyone,

I'm going directly for what matters, the sound:
-even with the original CA unbalanced Litz cable the sound it sublime, really! In fact, much better than with the balanced Pure Siver cable from my IT07. I'm surprised.
It's paired with a simple AK SR25 and I'm listening some reference flac tracks I use to compare my iems! I'm using the Final eartips that came in the box because, and for me, they are without question the best ones to use with it (the best ones that were in the box). I will try to use them with my Symbio and Azna Xelastec ones.
But the sound out of the box it's just amazing, really. What a great surprise 😀. Comfort wise, which for me it's paramount because I listen for loooong periods of time: are they even in my ears ? They are this confortable.

No doubts these ones will die with me!
I've found the FAudio instrumentals give a wider stage with good bass while the Sedna Lite's (non short) have a better fit for (medium ears, so ofc MS sednas) on my Andromeda Gold's and are an improvement on the Spinfit CP360's (medium) for the same sound signature (pairing with bass IEM's).

The Sednas give a more separated bass-y signature with the perception of depth while the F Audio Instrument tips give the perception of width without giving anything up.

The Sedna's are more comfortable and widebore so I'd imagine they allow the BA to shine straight pipe style!

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #570 of 1,452
When you asked me whether I really like any IEM and I can reocmmend it to almost anyone, I hesitated. It is time I come clean and admit that there is one IEM I enjoy tons personally and I consider almost perfect!

This is the Dorado 2020 from Campfire Audio. It has both the resolution of a flagship, a somewhat analytical signature, enough to keep things detailed and fun, but it also has a beautiful bass and some extra warmth, making it ideal for practically any music style!

Not only that, but the comfort is perfect and Campfire managed to remove all void issues from their IEMs, making the Dorado 2020 virtually perfect~

More info, comparisons and details in the full written review~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/04/campfire-dorado-2020-iems-detailed-playful-perfect.html

Campfire-Dorado-Black-Dynamic-Driver-Analytic-V-Shaped-IEMs-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-39.jpg

Great review thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back