Campfire Dorado 2020
Apr 4, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #526 of 1,452
Thnks for the reply
Problem is here in my country the price difference between the z1r and the dorado is less than $400 thus makes my decision quite difficult
At first i really want to get the z1r but after reading so many reviews about the comfort and fit now i’m leaning towards the dorado more.
I mainly listen to top 40, slow and rnb

by the way have you tried shure 846 ?
I wonder the hos the bass on the z1r and dorado compared to 846’s
I have the Shure 846. In all honesty the dorados 2020, for my taste, blow the shure away. The quality of the bass and the mids is just so different. It's so real. Although I have to say I never tried the shure with the black filters.

Apr 5, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #527 of 1,452
Reading this I 100% would rec Dorado 2020 over Z1R for its more lower/mid/bass prominence (the weakest area of the Z1R's FR imho).
Problem is the pricing in my country
Dorado 2020 vs z1r only $400 different
Thus makes the z1r a “better”bargain for me
But I really concern about the fit and comfort
As i can try them out 🙈

Apr 5, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #528 of 1,452
Problem is the pricing in my country
Dorado 2020 vs z1r only $400 different
Thus makes the z1r a “better”bargain for me
But I really concern about the fit and comfort
As i can try them out 🙈

I use Azla Sedna tips and they completely eliminated any fit issues with the Z1R for me. That said, as someone who owns and loves both Z1R and Dorado 2020, imho the Dorado is a better IEM for the specific type of music you mention, regardless of price differential. Z1R is an epic and grand sounding IEM but the Dorado FR works better with hip hop, R&B, pop etc...ymmv etc. etc. I hope you get to hear both.

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #529 of 1,452
I use Azla Sedna tips and they completely eliminated any fit issues with the Z1R for me. That said, as someone who owns and loves both Z1R and Dorado 2020, imho the Dorado is a better IEM for the specific type of music you mention, regardless of price differential. Z1R is an epic and grand sounding IEM but the Dorado FR works better with hip hop, R&B, pop etc...ymmv etc. etc. I hope you get to hear both.
Thanks a lot your review does really help me
By the wayvout of curiosity did you ever tried 64 nio ?

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #530 of 1,452
Thanks a lot your review does really help me
By the wayvout of curiosity did you ever tried 64 nio ?

Yeah I have a Nio on hand right now. There are some comparisons at the end of the review.

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #531 of 1,452
Yeah I have a Nio on hand right now. There are some comparisons at the end of the review.
Have you heard any Planar IEMs? My IMR Semper uses one for mids and it sounds so sweet and natural to me. I wonder how Planars compare to Dynamic drivers in terms naturalness and timbre.

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #532 of 1,452
Have you heard any Planar IEMs? My IMR Semper uses one for mids and it sounds so sweet and natural to me. I wonder how Planars compare to Dynamic drivers in terms naturalness and timbre.

Is the Sure KSE 1500 a planar? I've had a brief demo of that but nothing substantial. You just put the Semper on my radar though thanks :). A natural timbre in the mids is one of my big fixations right now.

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #533 of 1,452
I don't know about Shure but IMR has few Planar IEMs . Including 2 models being released soon, but they are all sold out now. Maybe one will show up if someone cancels or something. At home I only listen to Semper, it's that much more engaging to me than anything else. Including the Mest. If you can get a chance I think you should try one. There is EDP, RAH, EDP+ and Elysium ( these are yet to be released, that use Planars.

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #534 of 1,452
I don't know about Shure but IMR has few Planar IEMs . Including 2 models being released soon, but they are all sold out now. Maybe one will show up if someone cancels or something. At home I only listen to Semper, it's that much more engaging to me than anything else. Including the Mest. If you can get a chance I think you should try one. There is EDP, RAH, EDP+ and Elysium ( these are yet to be released, that use Planars.

IMR has some really interesting stuff and a similar tuning/product mindset to Campfire.

I've only tried their R1 back in the day and enjoyed it.

Like Campfire, really glad to see how far Bob and the team have come since their early days.

I'd be interested in comparisons for the Semper vs the Dorado!

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #535 of 1,452
IMR has some really interesting stuff and a similar tuning/product mindset to Campfire.

I've only tried their R1 back in the day and enjoyed it.

Like Campfire, really glad to see how far Bob and the team have come since their early days.

I'd be interested in comparisons for the Semper vs the Dorado!
I haven't heard the earlier stuff , but nothing I've heard compare to the IMR sound like you said. They sound different and unique. I like to see some reviews and comparisons too.

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #536 of 1,452
Is the Sure KSE 1500 a planar? I've had a brief demo of that but nothing substantial. You just put the Semper on my radar though thanks :). A natural timbre in the mids is one of my big fixations right now.
No Dorado yet! Apparently DHL didn't work today (neither last Friday!).
One question about cables...no, it's not the blah, blah about how much better an expensive cable is (lol). I always go balanced with my iems. The original Dorado Cable it's not! So, I'm planning to buy a balanced one from them!
I saw that the one you use connected to Dorado's it's the Super Litz 4.4 and not the Litz 4.4. Since I think Dorado's must be small and light, how do you find the Super Litz weight and diameter? I mean, since they have the double of the wires of the regular Litz they must weight almost the double and must be way thicker!
Thx

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #537 of 1,452
No Dorado yet! Apparently DHL didn't work today (neither last Friday!).
One question about cables...no, it's not the blah, blah about how much better an expensive cable is (lol). I always go balanced with my iems. The original Dorado Cable it's not! So, I'm planning to buy a balanced one from them!
I saw that the one you use connected to Dorado's it's the Super Litz 4.4 and not the Litz 4.4. Since I think Dorado's must be small and light, how do you find the Super Litz weight and diameter? I mean, since they have the double of the wires of the regular Litz they must weight almost the double and must be way thicker!
Thx

It's all relative. The Super Litz is thicker than the Litz but both those cables are thinner than the stock cable for Elysium and both of them are positively thread-like next to a titan like the Leonidas II Octa. I have the Super Litz 4.4 from when I owned Solaris and I quite like it with the Dorado-- it sounds great and its low key simple aesthetic compliments Dorado nicely imho. They should have included the 3.5 Super Litz stock Imho

Apr 6, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #539 of 1,452
Finally 😃.

Attachments

• 20210406_131547.jpg
    20210406_131547.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back