Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Mar 8, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #796 of 1,096
Sorry if this is the wrong place but im new to head fi so I can't make a new post somewhere else. I have a question. Is there any reason that my MacBook isn't recognizing my alo pilot? the led indicator is blue but it doesn't show up as an output device in system preferences > sound. I have an apple silicon Mac if that matters. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks!

Mar 8, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #798 of 1,096
Sorry if this is the wrong place but im new to head fi so I can't make a new post somewhere else. I have a question. Is there any reason that my MacBook isn't recognizing my alo pilot? the led indicator is blue but it doesn't show up as an output device in system preferences > sound. I have an apple silicon Mac if that matters. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks!
Have you tried something else with a USB-C jack in that port, to make sure the port is working?

I don't have a Mac, but on my [Windows] Dell laptop, the sound output doesn't recognize the USB-C audio dongle until I actually have IEM plugged into th0e dongle.

Mar 8, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #799 of 1,096
probably power saving settings on USB.

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #801 of 1,096
@skfktkwjs between Ara and Andromeda (I imagine you own the 2020 version) which ones do you tend to prefer more?
andro 2020 is more smooth and easy to listen to. Ara is more linear and not as fun as Andro.
I wish Ara was a straight upgrade to Andro but instead, they are in a different category.
However, I do use Ara a bit more than andro (6:4 ratio I would say).

Mar 9, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #805 of 1,096
Finally met the man himself!

CBA89275-1499-4224-AC54-60174F378360.jpeg

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #806 of 1,096
Have you tried something else with a USB-C jack in that port, to make sure the port is working?

I don't have a Mac, but on my [Windows] Dell laptop, the sound output doesn't recognize the USB-C audio dongle until I actually have IEM plugged into th0e dongle.

probably power saving settings on USB.
the iems just needed to be plugged in to the dongle and I had to allow permissions. my bad that's kinda embarrassing lol. thx for you're help tho!

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #807 of 1,096
Listening to this tonight on the Bonneville and with every listen and every album the Bonneville continues to amaze and please.

From the thumping bass beats to the sub bass rumble and the ever difficult piano timbre and delicate treble decay.

I haven’t been this smitten by an iem in ages..

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #808 of 1,096
Listening to this tonight on the Bonneville and with every listen and every album the Bonneville continues to amaze and please.

From the thumping bass beats to the sub bass rumble and the ever difficult piano timbre and delicate treble decay.

Similar feelings mate, have had Bonneville for a couple of months and it’s pretty much all I’ve been listening to. Bonneville plus RS8 is audio heaven right now. Great album choice!

Mar 10, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #809 of 1,096

Just listened to this, amazing. Rolled into gardenstate's inspirations afterwards. "Koski" is too good.

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #810 of 1,096

Users who are viewing this thread

Back