Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Feb 29, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #676 of 1,408
@CFA Chris

I would like to ask you a question, I own a pair of Andromeda 2020 that I love, I use them powered by a Mojo 2 which I alternate with my headphones (LCD-X), I always make sure to lower the volume of the Mojo 2 to a minimum before connecting the Andromeda, but unfortunately the last time I forgot to do it and I exposed the Andromeda to very high volume for about 3/4 seconds before managing to turn it off.

Listening to them again at an adequate volume, it seems that the drivers have not been damaged but I perceive a slightly different sound, I feel it is brighter (maybe more distortion), less refined and with a narrower soundstage than before, however there appears to be no distortion in the low end, also increasing the volume there is no distortion in the low end.

Am I supposed to believe that the Andromeda's balanced armature speakers can somehow become damaged or change the sound if exposed to high voltage for a few seconds or are they sturdy enough to resist?

I would like to know if Andromeda's balanced armors might undergo a change after a few seconds of high voltage shock.

My ears lead me to think that I'm listening to a less refined sound after the high voltage shock, but maybe it's just my perception that is now more sensitive after the strong shock, but in reality if they work correctly it means that it didn't happen absolutely nothing, but for this I would like confirmation from you.

Also the sensation of a narrower soundstage than before is very strange, could it be that Andromeda returns a less wide sound after a strong shock or perhaps my hearing still needs to re-stabilise?

I asked the question to Chris but it is aimed at anyone who has had the same experience as me

Hi @Guy Fawkes,

Though rare, armatures can be damaged by overpowering/high volume. They are pretty resilient to this, but there's a bit of randomness to it. I've done this several times to mine and never experienced any changes.

I think it can be best to send them in for testing, just as reassurance that everything is operating normally. If you'd like to send them in we're happy to get that set up for you. Please feel free to email us at support@campfireaudio.com and we'll send over instructions.

Thanks!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 29, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #677 of 1,408
Hi @Guy Fawkes,

Though rare, armatures can be damaged by overpowering/high volume. They are pretty resilient to this, but there's a bit of randomness to it. I've done this several times to mine and never experienced any changes.

I think it can be best to send them in for testing, just as reassurance that everything is operating normally. If you'd like to send them in we're happy to get that set up for you. Please feel free to email us at support@campfireaudio.com and we'll send over instructions.

Thanks!
@CFA Chris I have already sent two emails to the address you provided, describing my situation, but no one has ever responded to me, which is why I decided to contact you directly via this thread

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #679 of 1,408
I have a bunch of CIEMs no tip rolling and once you’ve tip rolled to what sounds good and is comfortable, than decided which dap/source I’m going to use, than I cable roll.
I think customs make me uneasy in the same way as tattoos or relationships. I may have some commitment issues.

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #680 of 1,408
Trying out the Holocene with the Neo iDSD2. Excellent pairing.

2X2A3596.jpg

Feb 29, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #681 of 1,408
@CFA Chris I have already sent two emails to the address you provided, describing my situation, but no one has ever responded to me, which is why I decided to contact you directly via this thread

Very strange! Sorry about that. I will DM you here and we can get you set up. Sorry again for the trouble!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 29, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #683 of 1,408
What's a good cable for mammoth?
I have found that the FIIO FC-RC Pro cable Or the FIIO FC-RD cables are amazing for all of my MMCX connected IEM's. The FD-RC pro has a nice feel to it with a solid MMCX connection along with the 3-way terminal connectors(3.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.4mm). The FC-RD is a little brighter sounding in my opinion. Both feel great in the hand and are very manageable.

Feb 29, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #684 of 1,408
I have found that the FIIO FC-RC Pro cable Or the FIIO FC-RD cables are amazing for all of my MMCX connected IEM's. The FD-RC pro has a nice feel to it with a solid MMCX connection along with the 3-way terminal connectors(3.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.4mm). The FC-RD is a little brighter sounding in my opinion. Both feel great in the hand and are very manageable.
I'm sorry, I meant LC-RC Pro and the LC-RD cables. These naming schemes are tough to keep up with.,.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #686 of 1,408
Im very excited to see what Fathom is about. I’d love to see CFA do more with their Planar driver. I’d also love to see what CFA could do with Electrostatic drivers.

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #687 of 1,408
My first Campfire and oh! What an intoxicating iem
20240301_173323.jpg

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #688 of 1,408
My first Campfire and oh! What an intoxicating iem 20240301_173323.jpg
That DD driver is the base (bass?) of the Black Star and Bonneville, and if you like it, you'll probably like these even more!

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #689 of 1,408
That DD driver is the base (bass?) of the Black Star and Bonneville, and if you like it, you'll probably like these even more!
Yes unfortunately the bonneville is out of price range and the blackstar is sold out 😢

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #690 of 1,408
Yes unfortunately the bonneville I'd out of price range and the blackstar us sold out 😢
Out of price range? If you combine all your less expensive IEMs, you would ended up with a TOTL IEM long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back