Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Jan 21, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #286 of 1,408
A top 3 is hard to choose, but here we go...

1. Trifecta
2. Supermoon
3. Solaris 2020

I didn't get to hear the OG Solaris until recently, if I had enough time with it I could see it edging out the 2020.

One of these days I'd like to pickup a Solaris LE, Shrink Ray or any of the models that came out during the 2022 Multiverse. Kicking myself that I passed them all up.

Jan 21, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #287 of 1,408
@Rockwell75 The more photos you post, the more jealous I am of your cables. The blue Eletech with the Cascara is to die for. I'd really like this combo for myself one of these days.

Jan 21, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #288 of 1,408
I’ve only heard the Andromeda 2020 and Emerald Sea. Supermoon and Bonneville are in my future tho.

Jan 21, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #290 of 1,408
My fav 3

1. Trifecta, the IEM that’s enchanted me like no other by daring to be unique from anything else I’ve heard
2. Solaris SE, holographic sound stage, balanced yet engaging signature, aesthetics
3. Atlas, first foray into bass head dynamic driver coherency and energy

Jan 21, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #293 of 1,408
Solaris SE
Bonneville
Supermoon
These are still in my collection.

Jan 21, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #294 of 1,408
1. Trifecta. Not having as many issues as others with library mismatch it seems.

Me neither brother, nothing but sonic bliss on my end no matter what I throw at it. I was telling another audio friend recently that all the audio wishes of my heart came to fruition with the Trifecta + Sony WM1Z.

1- Solaris OG : first love and foray into CA world. It deserves this spot!

It was my first love also, and now that I've got the gold brick in my possession the temptation is strong for me to pick up an OG Solaris again to revisit it again after so many years.

1. Solaris OG (own it)
2. Andromeda 2020 (owned it)
3. Supermoon (heard it on a loaner tour, am keen to check it out again)

I've not heard any of the latest releases or the Ara, the Multiverses, or the Solaris SE (the abalone one)

Ones I'd most like to hear: Bonneville and Solaris Stellar Horizon (looking forward to CanJam)

I hope you give the Trifecta a chance also. Based on what I know of your tastes it's 50/50. I'd love to meet you in person in NYC and let you demo mine.

@Rockwell75 The more photos you post, the more jealous I am of your cables. The blue Eletech with the Cascara is to die for. I'd really like this combo for myself one of these days.

Thanks man. I love me some nice aesthetic synergy. I actually bought the purple one for Bonneville but I'm keeping it on Trifecta as I can't get enough of the gold/purple.

503A2C8C-99AD-42FB-8B43-FCBD4C74017B.JPEG

Both cables were Hong Kong special releases but EA just released the Code 24 and 24c in essentially the same colors.

Between Solaris Stellar Horizon and bonnevile there are big difference ?
I only have bonneville.

As mentioned the Solaris line is typically a much flatter/reference tuning whereas Bonnevillie is more lively, bassy & bombastic.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #295 of 1,408
Me neither brother, nothing but sonic bliss on my end no matter what I throw at it. I was telling another audio friend recently that all the audio wishes of my heart came to fruition with the Trifecta + Sony WM1Z.

It was my first love also, and now that I've got the gold brick in my possession the temptation is strong for me to pick up an OG Solaris again to revisit it again after so many years.

I hope you give the Trifecta a chance also. Based on what I know of your tastes it's 50/50. I'd love to meet you in person in NYC and let you demo mine.

Thanks man. I love me some nice aesthetic synergy. I actually bought the purple one for Bonneville but I'm keeping it on Trifecta as I can't get enough of the gold/purple.

Both cables were Hong Kong special releases but EA just released the Code 24 and 24c in essentially the same colors.

As mentioned the Solaris line is typically a much flatter/reference tuning whereas Bonnevillie is more lively, bassy & bombastic.
SE on Ebay Japan for 1500$ 😉 I'm after a Code 24C LTD at the end of the month, hope they're still in stock!

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #297 of 1,408
1 & 2: OG Solaris & Trifecta.

It was harder than I expected to pick one on top of the other so I’m going to leave it at that. What is clear to me however is that both have some special synergy going with the gold brick.

IMG_2125.jpeg

It was my first love also, and now that I've got the gold brick in my possession the temptation is strong for me to pick up an OG Solaris again to revisit it again after so many years

It would be a no-brainer for me, tbh. I wouldn’t want to use these two with any other source.

Still gnawing over what to put as 3rd, despite owning/having auditioned not a few Campfires since the days of OG Andro. Bonneville was great fun but ultimately didn’t quite do it for me for lack of coherency which, once heard, could not be unheard. However, I see from recent posts that a cable swop might sort it out so I’m open to trying again if I get the chance. Still waiting for Cascara.

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #298 of 1,408
1 & 2: OG Solaris & Trifecta.

It was harder than I expected to pick one on top of the other so I’m going to leave it at that. What is clear to me however is that both have some special synergy going with the gold brick.

100%

I owned Trifecta for about a year before getting the WM1Z but once I heard the two together it was like a rebirth for the IEM. A friend of mine in Hong Kong told me that he never really understood the Trifecta until he heard it with the 1Z...and I'm inclined to agree, it's like a whole new IEM to me now. It's probably the all time greatest synergistic pair up that I've heard. Your words here have just made getting my hands on an OG Solaris my number one priority haha

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #299 of 1,408
100%

I owned Trifecta for about a year before getting the WM1Z but once I heard the two together it was like a whole new IEM. A friend of mine in Hong Kong told me that he never really understood the Trifecta until he heard it with the 1Z...and I'm inclined to agree, it's like a whole new IEM to me now. It's probably the all time greatest synergistic pair up that I've heard. Your words here have just made getting my hands on an OG Solaris my number one priority haha

I picked up the 1Z in part due to your comments about the pairing so it may be time to return the favour haha. And yes, I wholly agree. It is fairly source-sensitive and pre-gold brick, I’d been source- and cable-rolling to nudge it towards this imagined sound I had in my head. Plugging it in here just felt like something sliding into place effortlessly.

One more thing… I really enjoy how well-matched the OG Solaris is with its OG cable. It may be one of my only use cases for the 1Z’s 3.5mm output. You may have other insights if/when you do reacquire an OG Solaris but everything else I tried made it sound overcooked one way or another.

Jan 22, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #300 of 1,408
For me, Bonneville is gotta be the most synergy dependent IEMs out there. If I'm gonna give a suggestion to Ken Ball, I would try to offer a more synergetic stock cable for it since the stock timestream cable doesn't suits its strengths with a lot of DAPs IMHO. Once I discovered how much impact synergy matters with the Bonneville, I finally understand how much of a value this IEM can be. Man, it's such a bliss when you hit that high synergy with the Bonneville :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back