Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Mar 26, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #931 of 1,063
I understand why some folks don't love it, but I do not for the life of me understand the hate it gets in some quarters or why some folks have made a religion out of trumpeting their dislike for it.

In my opinion a lot of the controversy around it stems from the fact that it's an unapologetic and pure manifestation of a quintessentially American tuning aesthetic, which completely flies in the face of many of the trends in recent years that have placed an emphasis on more "eastern" tuning approaches that emphasize top end air, detail and clarity above all.
Personally I don't feel like this is a great way of categorizing tuning approaches. There is so much variety from equipment (not just IEMs) that comes from all over the world that these types of blanket statements do more to stereotype gear than to accurately describe it. Just my two cents.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #933 of 1,063
Mar 27, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #935 of 1,063
Hi guys you know maybe if there are this silicone protection for bonneville too?

Attachments

• IMG_3527.jpeg
    IMG_3527.jpeg
    643.5 KB · Views: 0
Mar 27, 2024 at 5:27 AM Post #936 of 1,063
Hi guys you know maybe if there are this silicone protection for bonneville too?
if there isn't at Aliexpress and Taobao etc there isn't.
I don't think you need those for Bonneville. The shells on the chromatic line up won't get peal off like the metal shell does.
Speaking of protection, my 3-year-old well-used Andromeda (500hr+) looks nearly straight out of a brand new box
I toss them in my pocket and bags when I go out (with mesh pouch).
All I did was keep them in the mesh iem pouch(the one that separates each side) that CFA provided when I was not wearing them.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #937 of 1,063
Speaking of protection, my 3-year-old well-used Andromeda (500hr+) looks nearly straight out of a brand new box
All I did was keep them in the mesh iem pouch(the one that separates each side) that CFA provided when I was not wearing them.
What sorcery is that? I do the same and mine is all scratched up has developed patinas.

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #938 of 1,063
if there isn't at Aliexpress and Taobao etc there isn't.
I don't think you need those for Bonneville. The shells on the chromatic line up won't get peal off like the metal shell does.
Thank you i see, i do like you am very carefull to my things, , just no want make them scratch on the metal part ,

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #940 of 1,063
What sorcery is that? I do the same and mine is all scratched up has developed patinas.
Obsolescence by design? I have given up using my Andros that I keeping, practically, as a collection item by now due to the fragility of their finishing.
(borderline to sell the whole lot, what is the point in having a stack of IEMs that I barely dare to touch?).

The only exception to this are Ara and Gold TI .. Supermoon HK seem to be holding on ok so far, albeit once again I barely use them now as I fear the scratchiness of anything CFA.
Normal use has not caused any issues to my Sonys, 64Audio, UM, Sennheiser, but "rapid esthetic ruining risk" is a common feature of most CFA IEMs I own.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #942 of 1,063
Hey friends, was going to switch up to the Blackstar today after using the Bonneville last few wks to provide some brief impressions, Bony vs Black-star, but just plugged into Apple Music first time with Bonneville ,which has impacted my thoughts,,, to keep listening more and that i need to do same with Blackstar
Surprisingly using Apple Music sound seems more impactful, even more detailed using latest app version , than Tidal
Both iems are amazing,, foot stomping sets
While i cant wait to plug into the Blackstar today,, its hard to unplug the Bonneville at the moment
While stomping my feet enjoying the music, I wondered is the Bonneville a mini a trifecta?
Boy love to try that one🤩
Blackstar thoughts coming soon
🔜 😀
IMG_2342.jpeg

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #943 of 1,063
Hey friends, was going to switch up to the Blackstar today after using the Bonneville last few wks to provide some brief impressions, Bony vs Black-star, but just plugged into Apple Music first time with Bonneville ,which has impacted my thoughts,,, to keep listening more and that i need to do same with Blackstar
Surprisingly using Apple Music sound seems more impactful, even more detailed using latest app version , than Tidal
Both iems are amazing,, foot stomping sets
While i cant wait to plug into the Blackstar today,, its hard to unplug the Bonneville at the moment
While stomping my feet enjoying the music, I wondered is the Bonneville a mini a trifecta?
Boy love to try that one🤩
Blackstar thoughts coming soon
🔜 😀
Apple music is louder on average across the board 😉 check if your tidal has loudness equalization on as well. I predominantly use both services for different genres concurrently.

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #945 of 1,063
Interested in listening to the Bonneville and Trifecta. The only CFA products I heard (years back) are the OG Andro and Ara. Much has changed since then..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back