Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jun 23, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #5,176 of 5,394
I periodically check out CA's site to see if there are any sales going on. Vega was discounted by $200 but now shows "out of stock" when I looked yesterday. Today CA site gives an 'Error 502' and something is goofy with the site. However I just happened to be googling and Lyra II is showing as being on Massdrop. Can someone who is registered verify this and price? I didn't want to sign up just to see if it really is or isn't. If it is, I may jump on if the price is right.

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #5,178 of 5,394
Massdrop has Lyra 2 for $500 but if they sell enough it then it will be $400
Thanks for the info! I'm not familiar with Massdrop. I imagine there's a time limit on purchasing? Imo, $200 off from the original $699 is still pretty good. A further $100 off would just be bonus candy. I think I may go for it!

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #5,179 of 5,394
Thanks for the info! I'm not familiar with Massdrop. I imagine there's a time limit on purchasing? Imo, $200 off from the original $699 is still pretty good. A further $100 off would just be bonus candy. I think I may go for it!
I would highly recommend it. The warranty you get is the same as if you bought it off campfire audios website.
I personally love my LyraII

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #5,180 of 5,394
^
I registered and according to the status bar it is already @ $400 so I bought! Won't ship until late July tho'. Thanks again.

Jun 23, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #5,181 of 5,394
^
I registered and according to the status bar it is already @ $400 so I bought! Won't ship until late July tho'. Thanks again.
Congrats. You will love them. CA says you and users find they need 70 hours or so for the DD to “ burn-in” for optimal sound. I got mine used about a year ago and they had more than 100 hours on them.
I just love them. The only thing I hated was the memory wire on the cable which I removed.

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #5,182 of 5,394
I've read the Litz cable included with Lyra II & above is quite good. Performing surgery on cables scares me so I'll have to see about removing the memory wire if it does bother me. I do have a balanced Null Audio cable with MMCX connector so I could try that.

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #5,183 of 5,394
Jun 23, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #5,184 of 5,394
I periodically check out CA's site to see if there are any sales going on. Vega was discounted by $200 but now shows "out of stock" when I looked yesterday. Today CA site gives an 'Error 502' and something is goofy with the site. However I just happened to be googling and Lyra II is showing as being on Massdrop. Can someone who is registered verify this and price? I didn't want to sign up just to see if it really is or isn't. If it is, I may jump on if the price is right.
Yeah I seem that website error all day too because when I googled campfire audio something today it has the pacific blue Andromedas on there site from that top google bar!
I wanted them so bad but there site was down for probably 8+ hours maybe it still is down.
As far as the L2 from MD I love them and for $399 no tax shipped is a complete steal if you want a high build quality DD IEM. Even the sennheiser ie800 from years and years ago is still $539 on a good day or you can go the Sony ex1000 route for $380 but they aren’t built as well and a lot harder to find cables for especially in the US.

I still wonder if the Blue Andros was a glitch from google search bar from CA website being down or if they actually had them today

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #5,185 of 5,394
I was scared to remove the memory wire but it was pretty easy and very worthwhile

Jun 28, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #5,186 of 5,394
I ended up ordering 2 SPC Litz cables from CA, 2.5mm & 4.4mm. Ordered today and already got a ship notice for tomorrow delivery to Canada! If only the Lyra II would ship this fast from the Massdrop deal.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #5,187 of 5,394
Has anyone ever experienced one side of the Vegas not working? My left Vega completely stopped working today out of nowhere. I was listening to music for about 15 mins, paused them and took them off for a brief conversation at work, and than put them back on. When I put them back on the left ear had completely stopped working.

I’ve tried a different cable but same thing. I did get it to work for one second by pushing it deep in my ear a few times to make a clicking noise (driver flex? Idk, I’m a noob) but it stopped working right after that again.

They are only a couple months old and I’ve taken the upmost care of them (never dropped them, always in their carrying case, etc). Has anyone ever experienced this? I figured I’d ask here before emailing them for a replacement. I just want them to work as soon as possible because I already miss listening to them. :frowning2:
UPDATE: I guess campfire audio now has a new lifetime customer. They’re customer service (JD) was super helpful and they had a replacement delivered to me within one week. They even offered the lightening cable (which I had asked about) at a discounted price. I definitely feel very comfortable spending my money with them when I know I’ll be well taken care of. Not to mention that the Vegas are my favorite IEMs of all time...

Jun 30, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #5,188 of 5,394
UPDATE: I guess campfire audio now has a new lifetime customer. They’re customer service (JD) was super helpful and they had a replacement delivered to me within one week. They even offered the lightening cable (which I had asked about) at a discounted price. I definitely feel very comfortable spending my money with them when I know I’ll be well taken care of. Not to mention that the Vegas are my favorite IEMs of all time...
Great company alright with products to match, what’s not to like about em :smile_phones:
I find it hard to listen to anything other than my Vega and Andromeda. Happy days

Jun 30, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #5,189 of 5,394
Great company alright with products to match, what’s not to like about em :smile_phones:
I find it hard to listen to anything other than my Vega and Andromeda. Happy days
Man, I can't wait to be able to finally own Andromeda, Cascade, and even Atlas. Will be like picking outfits to go out in. hehe

Also, I'm so glad to know you're enjoying the RHA tips!

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #5,190 of 5,394
Man, I can't wait to be able to finally own Andromeda, Cascade, and even Atlas. Will be like picking outfits to go out in. hehe

Also, I'm so glad to know you're enjoying the RHA tips!
Yep, still got em on :smile_phones:
London CanJam isn’t far away now, so I’ll be trying out all of their gear and see if any will tempt me. Got a feeling I’m going to be tempted by more than one of their products!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back