Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jul 1, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #5,194 of 5,394
Take your own tips.

That way you can get a good fit with whatever you try.
2nd CanJam, so this time I’m getting a weekend pass just in case I don’t make it round lol
Gonna bring my DX200 with amps 1,3,4s and 8 if I successfully order one of the first batch.
Some cables and a fist full of tips. :ksc75smile:
Oh, and not forgetting, one Ibasso screwdriver :smile_phones:

Jul 2, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #5,196 of 5,394
I usually take iBasso DX200, amp 1. Andromeda with 2.5mm cable and iBasso 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and the original 3.5mm cable.

Plus tips (spiral dots).
I’m bringing all that stuff, just in case I regret not bringing it to try, although I live one short train journey away and I’ll be getting a weekend pass.
Hoping Ibasso release Amp8 today, can’t wait to try that with the Vega. :smile_phones:

Jul 10, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #5,197 of 5,394
ugh, guys i need advice. I purchased the Vega yesterday for $1000. Kinda new audiophile (considered myself one because I had an ie800 but over the last week of hard research i realize there’s a whole another world out there and i’m so excited and passionate about campfire)

blessing in disguise that i lost my ie800 which led me to discovering the Vegas at a shop in NYC (liked them much better than Andros/but still loved the andros but went for the vegas bc i listen to mainly edm)

thus, like the noob I am, somehow i didn’t notice the atlas (goddamnit i’m so oblivious)

so here, i’m wondering if i should return and buy the atlas although there’s a 15% restocking fee or do you guys think there could be a chance i like the vegas more?

i love love love the clarity that the andros have and the soundstage but the vegas made me feel the music and that’s something science and technicality can never accomplish

somehow as i sit here, enjoying the vegas i have a burning desire to get the atlas. what do you guys think? should i return the vegas for the atlas? (the 15% restocking fee isn’t a problem)

is it true that the atlas is just vegas 2.0? does it do everything the vega does but better? can someone help clarify? how does the bass compare? does the atlas have bigger bass? and does it give you that nostalgic feeling that vegas delivers! is it clearer that the vega but also just as bassy?

much much appreciated!

Jul 15, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #5,199 of 5,394
Jul 19, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #5,200 of 5,394
Just got notice that my Massdropped Lyra II's have shipped! 4 days earlier than expected. Can't wait to venture into my first set of CA's. I have eyes/ears on Vega next.

#excited

Aug 2, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #5,203 of 5,394
Vega’s discontinued now that Atlas is on the scene.

On another note: have any of you tried Vega powered through iFi xDSD? How much of an improvement are you getting out of the amp/dac combo versus straight out of iPhone?

Aug 2, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #5,204 of 5,394
Aug 2, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #5,205 of 5,394
Yea, I'd like to know the veracity of that claim, and more specifically, if the resale value of my 6-week-old Vegas is about to tank in the near future. :triportsad::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back