Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jan 5, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #4,621 of 5,394
One side of my Vega came apart just like the others have mentioned here. It happened when I was trying to change a comply eartip. Looks like it's a common problem.

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #4,622 of 5,394
I snagged a pair of Dorados from the classifieds for a good deal, since I think my Vegas were getting lonely as my lone pair of Campfire Audio IEMs. I am quite pleasantly surprised. They're like a smoother, more relaxed version of the Vega that are perfect for my work rig (where I stare at a computer doing mindless tasks all day). Paired with a nice pure silver cable and some silicone tips, they sound phenomenal out of my balanced 2.5mm connection Centrance BlueDAC. I really like the whole setup. Where the Vegas demand my attention and punch me in the head with bass and treble, the Dorado politely tap on my shoulder and say "excuse me, Sir."

Pics or it didn't happen.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180108110041080_COVER.jpg

IMG_20180108_110031.jpg

-Collin-

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #4,623 of 5,394
Darn you, SeeSax, just when I was getting comfortable with my Lyra II, you go and post that, making me think I need to upgrade. Again.

I've got my thoughts on my Lyra II almost ready to post. Does the Dorado build on the Lyra strengths and add a bit of treble forwardness and high-end sparkle with that balanced armature?

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #4,624 of 5,394
Darn you, SeeSax, just when I was getting comfortable with my Lyra II, you go and post that, making me think I need to upgrade. Again.

I've got my thoughts on my Lyra II almost ready to post. Does the Dorado build on the Lyra strengths and add a bit of treble forwardness and high-end sparkle with that balanced armature?

I am sorry my friend. Okay okay, the Dorado is terrible and you should not even look at it. Does that help? :)

So in all seriousness, yes I believe it does build on the strengths or the Lyra. Now keep in mind I had the Lyra II only for a short period of time and do not still own it, so I cannot compare them side by side. But I remember it being quite relaxed in its presentation and I was hoping for a bit more sparkle in the treble. With the Dorado, I get that and also, the bass seems to be a bit more elevated as well. I pretty much think the Headfonics review is spot on. It's also worth noting that I'm not very sensitive to treble, so when I see a lot of folks on here say that the Vega treble needs to be tamed, I tend to disagree based on my personal preference.

-Collin-

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #4,625 of 5,394
Collin, I wonder if I have similar treble response as you do. A quarter century in chemical plants, even with ear plugs, hasn't done my hearing any good, I'm sure. I really enjoy my Lyra II, so it's not time to upgrade now. Thank you for your impressions of the Dorado.

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #4,626 of 5,394
I’ve just finished reading through this whole thread, the Vega is really tempting me and then I read about the nozzles falling off !!!
I have the Andromeda, the build quality is outstanding and would have thought the Vega would be of the same standard.
Really like the thought of having those two to choose from, the Andromeda for some nice chilled out listening and the Vega for the extra bit of fun and bass.
I have a friend that visits the states regularly and could pick them up for me. Now thinking maybe wait until London CanJam to see if this problem has been rectified and buy them there instead. :thinking:

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #4,627 of 5,394
I’ve just finished reading through this whole thread, the Vega is really tempting me and then I read about the nozzles falling off !!!
I have the Andromeda, the build quality is outstanding and would have thought the Vega would be of the same standard.
Really like the thought of having those two to choose from, the Andromeda for some nice chilled out listening and the Vega for the extra bit of fun and bass.
I have a friend that visits the states regularly and could pick them up for me. Now thinking maybe wait until London CanJam to see if this problem has been rectified and buy them there instead. :thinking:

if it’s any comfort my nozzles are firmly in place :)

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #4,628 of 5,394
if it’s any comfort my nozzles are firmly in place :)
Thanks for the reassurance, I’m sure it’s only just a few cases that this has happened but living in the UK the thought of having to ship back to the states isn’t a nice one and then waiting on the return.
On the other hand, I’m sure it’s not as long a wait as with Trinity :angry: ordered the Icarus III, and Atlas Delta. Received the Icarus III, the Atlas got upgraded to the Master because of problems with manufacturing, I then had another set of Icarus III sent to me as a replacement!!!
I now have an unopened Icarus III I will have to get round to selling at some point.
I’ve had the Andromeda for about six months, love them and no longer interested in anything Trinity or Bob has to say or offer !!!
Customer service goes a long way in my opinion, haven’t had many dealings with CA or its customer service/care, haven’t needed to. I’ve had some experiences with Ibasso and can say they have an excellent customer care policy.
Looking forward to the Vega:L3000:

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #4,631 of 5,394
I've had my Vega's for almost a year now with no issues. I picked up the Black Friday Andromeda White for the same reason. Different earphones for different moods.

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #4,633 of 5,394
Two earphones for different moods indeed. :beerchug:

Had the Andro and that Vega in my collection side by side for a good 6 months or so - they complement each other really well. Just have the Vega now, and after a year they are still going strong with no signs of wear.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #4,635 of 5,394
PhotoGrid_1515513615786.jpg

Force the tip downward and avoid applying any force from the side?. I think that's how I forced it out(might have used a bit of force). You now know it happens, I'd be more gentle when changing tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back