Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Apr 9, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #3,526 of 5,394
It's a silver UPOCC cable from OC Studio Taiwan

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #3,527 of 5,394
Apr 10, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #3,529 of 5,394
I assume these are better than BA iems for ear health, considering the pressure is released via the vent?..
Ha ha, you think so ?

Apr 10, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #3,530 of 5,394
  I assume these are better than BA iems for ear health, considering the pressure is released via the vent?..

Some people claim that IEMs with no venting or very sealed ports cause less discomfort over time. I'm not sure how much of this is supported by facts.

I do find some sealed IEMs a bit more tiring than vented models. Also having a bad seal is also more comfortable in general (although worse for sound), with less of a vacuum effect. However this probably varies a lot from model to model. Some fully dynamic IEMs are very sealed too.

I doubt it can be generalized.

Apr 10, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #3,531 of 5,394
Ha ha, you think so ?

I do actually, pressure inside ear canals can't be good for ear health. I've found the vacuum effect of sealed iems (most of which are BA) causes more fatigue compared to vented dynamics such as ie800.

I understand musicians need isolation on stage so fully sealed iems are a must for them but that is a different usage scenerio entirely.

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #3,532 of 5,394
I do actually, pressure inside ear canals can't be good for ear health. I've found the vacuum effect of sealed iems (most of which are BA) causes more fatigue compared to vented dynamics such as ie800.

I understand musicians need isolation on stage so fully sealed iems are a must for them but that is a different usage scenerio entirely.

Let us not get into the whole issue with pressures and ear health, as far as I understand, having checked with quite a few ENT Doctors as well, ear canal pressures are not quite a documented cause for hearing loss, direct or indirect. Subjective experiences like fatigue, that I cannot comment and if that is what you experience, who am I to tell you otherwise?

But as for ear pressures and hearing loss, it is a highly controversial topic and let us try to stay away from it in a non ADEL/APEX/sound science thread :)

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #3,533 of 5,394
Also remember that BA drivers don't actually move air in the same way Dynamic drivers do. The reason for the port is because of its design and requirement. But I mean, you can actually research most of that stuff quite easily.

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #3,534 of 5,394
Since Dorado is a hyrid set up just like K3003. Has anyone compare the difference between the two? I really like the details and sharpness of K3003 but always curious if there's something better out there. Dorado seems to also have very good build quality and the detachable cable is a big plus.

Apr 10, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #3,536 of 5,394
  My custom tips order from Custom Art has been confirmed to ship in the next day or so. I should have impressions of them here in the next week or so.

I'll be so interested in what you think of these. I have a pair on order too. I will be able to try them on either the Lyra IIs or the Jupiters (whichever I decide to keep after trying both). Jupiters should be here tomorrow. Not sure when Headphone Bar will get around to shipping the Lyra IIs, but my fingers are crossed that they'll be here next week...

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #3,537 of 5,394
My custom tips order from Custom Art has been confirmed to ship in the next day or so. I should have impressions of them here in the next week or so.

Looking forward to it! How long in total did you have to wait?

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #3,538 of 5,394
Finally got my balanced cable... should be fun! 
L3000.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #3,539 of 5,394
Finally got my balanced cable... should be fun! :L3000:

Very nice. Those silver Eidolic connectors look great with the silver finish of the Vega.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back