Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 6, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #3,001 of 5,394
@Mifimoney, enjoy the bass while you have it. After 72 hours, it will tighten up and reduce in quantity and a few of us wish that it will stay that way.
biggrin.gif

Oh boy! I hope you're right about that 
atsmile.gif
 I think they'd be near perfect if that were to happen. 

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #3,002 of 5,394
That's promising news. However, I've never done any "legitimate" burn-in sessions so if they need 200 hours consecutive hours of pink noise, count me out haha. A bit of an exaggeration but I'll do nothing more than simply put in hours of listening time. Hopefully, that will suffice. 

Hahah same here, I'm too impatient, I used them daily during burn in, about 2 hrs a day. The bass gets under control in less than 10 hrs so that will be settled, then in time everything becomes clearer and more dynamic and it just gets better, then you think it can't get better but it just keeps improving.

You don't need to wait for burn in to enjoy them! :D

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #3,003 of 5,394

That's promising news. However, I've never done any "legitimate" burn-in sessions so if they need 200 hours consecutive hours of pink noise, count me out haha. A bit of an exaggeration but I'll do nothing more than simply put in hours of listening time. Hopefully, that will suffice. 

It does not take that long maybe 50 hrs at most before it starts to tighten up.  I was a little worried I might have gotten a dud pair when I first got them because the bass so prominent.

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #3,004 of 5,394
Hahah same here, I'm too impatient, I used them daily during burn in, about 2 hrs a day. The bass gets under control in less than 10 hrs so that will be settled, then in time everything becomes clearer and more dynamic and it just gets better, then you think it can't get better but it just keeps improving.

You don't need to wait for burn in to enjoy them!
biggrin.gif

I'm glad to see consistency in the feedback. I may have to keep these in the lineup. Which is good because something tells me the T8iE MkII (my 2nd choice) is not as resolving. I don't think there are any other TOTL dynamics that I even want to hear at the moment. I mean aside from the Dream but that thing is a unicorn until released.

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #3,005 of 5,394
  It does not take that long maybe 50 hrs at most before it starts to tighten up.  I was a little worried I might have gotten a dud pair when I first got them because the bass so prominent.

Good to hear. The bass is definitely a slap in the face the first time.

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #3,006 of 5,394
I'm glad to see consistency in the feedback. I may have to keep these in the lineup. Which is good because something tells me the T8iE MkII (my 2nd choice) is not as resolving. I don't think there are any other TOTL dynamics that I even want to hear at the moment. I mean aside from the Dream but that thing is a unicorn until released.

Has the Dream been showcased anywhere yet?

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #3,007 of 5,394
Has the Dream been showcased anywhere yet?

I think some people have heard unfinished versions at various shows but I don't think Dita have presented the finished product yet. I could be wrong, though. 

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #3,008 of 5,394
Anyone have any thoughts on any cables that might be better for the Vega, to use balanced (2.5mm) with the iBasso DX200, than the ALO Ref 8, at no higher a price than $300 (even better if cheaper :D)? I have nothing against the ALO cable, just doing some preliminary research as I know next to nothing about cables, and not too keen on spending $300 for a cable when I just spent $900 on a DAP.

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #3,009 of 5,394
  Anyone have any thoughts on any cables that might be better for the Vega, to use balanced (2.5mm) with the iBasso DX200, than the ALO Ref 8, at no higher a price than $300 (even better if cheaper :D)? I have nothing against the ALO cable, just doing some preliminary research as I know next to nothing about cables, and not too keen on spending $300 for a cable when I just spent $900 on a DAP.

I'm right there with you! If you're looking for a solid cost-effective option, check out the Fidue A83 balanced 2.5mm TRRS cable. It can be had for around $60. I believe twister6 put me on to it in one of his reviews.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIDUE-A83-2-5mm-3-5mm-MMCX-Balanced-Silver-Plated-Audiophile-Earphone-Cable-/272401789024?hash=item3f6c697060:g:7p8AAOSwpLNX9IMe

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #3,010 of 5,394

Nah just listen and enjoy, that's what I did. I initially found the bass huge and seemingly too much. But it definitely seems to tighten up after a bit. Whether it's true burn in or just me adjusting to the sound, I don't know. But the bass is still wonderful and prominent, extends deep, hits hard, but does not overpower at all.

I actually was not blown away by my very first listen (and this is my first foray into totl territory) but it didn't take long before I was totally on board, and they just impress me more and more the more I listen. I can see how they are not for everyone, especially those looking for neutral. But they somehow seem to simultaneously enhance various parts of the signature while feeling quite balanced. Definitely seems like a unique combination of an interesting signature that probably works due to their technical prowess and unique new tech. And I think maybe I just really appreciate the coherency offered by the single dd.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #3,011 of 5,394
I'm right there with you! If you're looking for a solid cost-effective option, check out the Fidue A83 balanced 2.5mm TRRS cable. It can be had for around $60. I believe twister6 put me on to it in one of his reviews.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIDUE-A83-2-5mm-3-5mm-MMCX-Balanced-Silver-Plated-Audiophile-Earphone-Cable-/272401789024?hash=item3f6c697060:g:7p8AAOSwpLNX9IMe

Picked one of these up the other day - the fit isn't quite as good until you mould the memory section properly as it's a bit stiffer but it certainly sounds good out of my only balanced source (Hifiman Supermini) at the moment - the Vega responds very nicely to the extra power on tap when listening to music with good dynamics (modern classical, rock etc). Definitely worth looking at.

Edit: you can also buy it direct from Penon Audio with free worldwide shipping if you don't want to use eBay.

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #3,013 of 5,394
Hope you don't mind me asking: how much is Piotr asking for the custom tips? He already has impressions from the 8.2 I got last fall so that would be a very attractive possibility.

I've got a pair on order along with a CIEM remould he is doing - think it was roughly £50 for the tips. Should be here in about a month - very excited to see if they make any improvements. It's definitely a cheaper way to get an "almost-custom" seal.

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #3,015 of 5,394
One thing i could say about Vega is that diamond driver needs well over 300,400 hours to even come close to its best, i wouldn't recommend any serious opinions before that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back