Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 20, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #2,044 of 5,394
Dec 20, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #2,046 of 5,394
  Vega is outstanding with spinfit tips. They're very warm and bass driven, and very lush in general. The spinfit balances that a tad. Overall, they're punchy and musical. Seriously unique as hell. 

That said, I'll be selling mine soon... I have the CIEM itch now from listening to how good IEMs can really be... 

Wait What? You gonna sell your Vega?

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #2,047 of 5,394
I haven't come to these forums for ages.  Finally, needing a new cable for my JH16, I came around to see what's available now a days, and I am considering getting something from this company I never heard of until yesterday.  Obviously I've been out of the loop. 

Well, while I'm here, how does the Vega or Lyra compare to the JH16 pro?  

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #2,048 of 5,394
  I haven't come to these forums for ages.  Finally, needing a new cable for my JH16, I came around to see what's available now a days, and I am considering getting something from this company I never heard of until yesterday.  Obviously I've been out of the loop. 

Well, while I'm here, how does the Vega or Lyra compare to the JH16 pro?  

They will sound quite different from a multi-BA iem, so it depends what you want to improve on your JH16...if you want more of the same, JH also has many new models. And you can check the Andromeda from this company.

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #2,049 of 5,394
CIEMs wont necessarily be better, and could even be not as good. 

So true, when I started out ten years ago I jumped right into ciem thinking it is the best for sound, the JH13 was my last pair of ciem. They are alright but isolation is really not the best and then overtime there could be fit issues.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #2,052 of 5,394
None is better...it depends what you want...both have pros and cons. It depends which price level. Top iems and top ciems are comparable, and it also depends on your ears. Anyways many many parameters...I have had tons of both, and I am glad to have both.
universals are more versatile as you can change tips :p

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #2,053 of 5,394
universals are more versatile as you can change tips
tongue.gif

Even going as far to share with others as well.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #2,055 of 5,394
Anyway, a local store near me has Vega in stock now, I must go and listen to them when I feel better.

Absolutely no desire to purchase, a listen will be satisfactory... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back