Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 6, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #1,696 of 5,394
I got a chance to tried out the Andromeda and the Vega today, all thanks to Jalo that he's happened at headed to my hometown on a business trip and nice enough to brought his gears such as AK380, AK240SS, Lotoo Paw Diana Edition, Mojo, Vega, Andromeda, etc. so I could audition his gears. What an experience!!! I'm one of a few lucky one to get a chance to listen to all these nice expensive audio gears. 

I like the Andromeda a lot, probably a lot more, if the Vega wasn't present next to it. I couldn't let go the Vega or willing to try other IEMs. About the sounds, well you guys already known so there're no need for me to review or anything like that. All I got to say one thing about the Vega is that, once I listened to it, I already thinking of how I'm going to convince my wife to let me buy one for Xmas. Beside all the great DAPs in Jalo's inventories, I enjoyed the Galaxy S7, Mojo, Vega, and Spotify 320kbps combos a lot. It was a great set up for me and very likely, it will be the future setup for my Xmas present. 

Hopefully Campfire Audio will have the Vega "on-sale" for Xmas, and I'll jump all over it. Throw some bones for Xmas, Ken!  :wink: Again, thank you Jalo for given me a wonderful experience and introduce me to the "real" sounds", and thanks for schooling me especially show me how a DAP work (I just found out how to get music, good quality music audio into a DAP :). Last but not least is the people here that is nice and willing to help such as answering questions to help the IEMs' community grow. I see how this hobby is getting addicted already.

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #1,697 of 5,394
Tumyum, you are welcome but until your wallet is empty you are still not one of us, so go spend, spend, and spend :D:wink:

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #1,698 of 5,394
Tumyum, you are welcome but until your wallet is empty you are still not one of us, so go spend, spend, and spend
biggrin.gif
:wink:

The mantra of Head-Fi!

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #1,699 of 5,394
I didn't find that to be the case at all, although I am not too sensitive to it. When I do hear it, I absolutely abhor it.

I'm usually sensitive to sibilance, but find no problem with VEGA/Spiral dots.

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #1,700 of 5,394

I am exceptionally sensitive to sibilance. Even the dark U12 is sibilant to my ears in some rare cases. I couldn't stand the Vega with Spiral dots one bit. It was driving me nuts. I switched to foam and the sibilance was at least tolerable. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #1,701 of 5,394
Tumyum, you are welcome but until your wallet is empty you are still not one of us, so go spend, spend, and spend
biggrin.gif
:wink:

LOL! You already tried... showing me all those $2K - $3K Daps. My budget is no more than $2K. If I buy one of those DAPs, what am I listen with? Beats by Dre? 

Btw, what you guys think of Beats by Dre? How come I've never heard anyone say anything about them in this forum? 

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #1,702 of 5,394
  LOL! You already tried... showing me all those $2K - $3K Daps. My budget is no more than $2K. If I buy one of those DAPs, what am I listen with? Beats by Dre? 

Btw, what you guys think of Beats by Dre? How come I've never heard anyone say anything about them in this forum? 

They are good if you just listen to drum beats and skip everything else

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #1,703 of 5,394

I am exceptionally sensitive to sibilance. Even the dark U12 is sibilant to my ears in some rare cases. I couldn't stand the Vega with Spiral dots one bit. It was driving me nuts. I switched to foam and the sibilance was at least tolerable. 

Wow man, that's extreme sensitivity if you find u12 sibilant. Yeah, better stick with foamies!

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #1,704 of 5,394

They are good if you just listen to drum beats and skip everything else

I have been set straight by my mentor @jmills8 .
The point of beats is the bass. If you really want to feel the beats then Beats by Dre is an excellent choice for a headphone. People often like bass because bass often brings up a faux sense of confidence in us. Then again, the best way to become confident is to fake it until eventually it comes. I digress. People like beats as they want to feel the bass. What better alternative is there than beats which is inexpensive and yet effective. Beats the best? Definitely not. Beats good for the price point for bass loving people? Yes

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #1,705 of 5,394
  I got a chance to tried out the Andromeda and the Vega today, all thanks to Jalo that he's happened at headed to my hometown on a business trip and nice enough to brought his gears such as AK380, AK240SS, Lotoo Paw Diana Edition, Mojo, Vega, Andromeda, etc. so I could audition his gears. What an experience!!! I'm one of a few lucky one to get a chance to listen to all these nice expensive audio gears. 

I like the Andromeda a lot, probably a lot more, if the Vega wasn't present next to it. I couldn't let go the Vega or willing to try other IEMs. About the sounds, well you guys already known so there're no need for me to review or anything like that. All I got to say one thing about the Vega is that, once I listened to it, I already thinking of how I'm going to convince my wife to let me buy one for Xmas. Beside all the great DAPs in Jalo's inventories, I enjoyed the Galaxy S7, Mojo, Vega, and Spotify 320kbps combos a lot. It was a great set up for me and very likely, it will be the future setup for my Xmas present. 

Hopefully Campfire Audio will have the Vega "on-sale" for Xmas, and I'll jump all over it. Throw some bones for Xmas, Ken!  :wink: Again, thank you Jalo for given me a wonderful experience and introduce me to the "real" sounds", and thanks for schooling me especially show me how a DAP work (I just found out how to get music, good quality music audio into a DAP :). Last but not least is the people here that is nice and willing to help such as answering questions to help the IEMs' community grow. I see how this hobby is getting addicted already.

... So Jalo basically poisoned you.
beyersmile.png
  Welcome to the thin wallets club as a newbie... 
beerchug.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #1,706 of 5,394
  I have been set straight by my mentor @jmills8 .
The point of beats is the bass. If you really want to feel the beats then Beats by Dre is an excellent choice for a headphone. People often like bass because bass often brings up a faux sense of confidence in us. Then again, the best way to become confident is to fake it until eventually it comes. I digress. People like beats as they want to feel the bass. What better alternative is there than beats which is inexpensive and yet effective. Beats the best? Definitely not. Beats good for the price point for bass loving people? Yes

Excellent analogy this. My first audiophile IEM was the Hifiman RE-400 which had me asking where the bass went.

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #1,709 of 5,394
I want to report the Vega bass changes quite alot after running in more than 70hrs now. Here is my expereince, when I first got the Vega, I have been using Kaisertone apps for the EQ, to turn down the bass as it was too powerful for me... guess what, I notice the bass was getting tighter and tighter by the days as I keep running them in. After many days, the bass changes quite alot.. I would dare say, that VEGA is only IEM I have heard that changes so much during burn in time.. I finally delete the Kaisertone and use Apple default music player with no EQ for my for my lossless files (using Dragonfly red) and the bass is just so nice and tight now.. the bass is still powerful.. but the mid bass has tone done quite alot and sub bass is more obvious now.. 

For sanity check, I compare the other IEM like K10Custom, SE846 and many others and confirm that the Vega bass has really tone down. I also notice the treble did increase slightly as the mid-bass start to reduce. I am using Foam. 

So for those who did the audtion with Vega fresh in the box, take note it changes alot over time especially the bass.. and this is not the final sound. Other IEM does not have this drastic changes as Vega.. 

I am very satisfied with Vega technical ability, beside all the good thing about  the bass, treble, sound separation between instrument and many more.. these Vega is very very detail IEM.. I am not sure it lack the details of Andro.. the vega to my ears sound as detail as Andro.. 

My new ref is Vega as of today, no longer Andro and K10 custom.. do note I have not heard other TOTL IEM like the new prophile 8 or earsonic S-EM9 yet.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back