Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Mar 28, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #391 of 479
For those with Supermoon and think it comes out quite sparky and hot on the higher frequencies now and then... Make sure you try the new Ares S 8W without breaking the bank.

For those that knows me, SM has been a challenge. This pairing really smoothed out the treble, without loosing details. it gave more texture to the metallic timbre and rounded up the edges.

Another great pairing is Cleo Octa, but that is out of question as it costs more than Supermoon. :)

IMG_4535.jpeg

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #392 of 479
For those with Supermoon and think it comes out quite sparky and hot on the higher frequencies now and then... Make sure you try the new Ares S 8W without breaking the bank.

Have you had any fatigue with other iems? I am pretty sensitive in the higher frequencies and when I demoed the universals I had to dial back some upper frequencies pretty far. I don't think cable rolling is going to make enough of a difference. I like what CFA is doing but it seems that I am just incompatible with their tuning else I would already own a pair.

May 29, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #393 of 479
Have you had any fatigue with other iems? I am pretty sensitive in the higher frequencies and when I demoed the universals I had to dial back some upper frequencies pretty far. I don't think cable rolling is going to make enough of a difference. I like what CFA is doing but it seems that I am just incompatible with their tuning else I would already own a pair.
Hey mate, I am extremely sensitive to 4k and 8k peaks, right were SM has its energy. But on a bright side (not the sound bright side :p )... SM is also really sensitive to cables and source. So if you like the SM "tuning intention", don't rule it out just yet without experimenting. I found out that EA Cleo II Octa tamed that high end energy a bit and kept the extension and details on both ends.

Ares S 8W (not the 4W), on the other hand, got that 4k/8k peak to almost where I'm more used to it, still pushing the boundary of my comfort zone (e.g. 12t, Layla, LX...), it is still more energetic than those, but not fatiguing or piercing as before. It cut the rough edges on the notes and smoothened the whole signature. Consequently, you lose a bit of that details perception that brightness brings, but the real details are still there (since you can actually use the IEM without a headache).

PS.: I am writing a fun "cable rolling project" with the Supermoon, that I may release in the next days. I will touch those points in a fun way (tentatively fun at least :p ). Keep an eye out for the "Save the Moon"TM post.

Jun 19, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #394 of 479
Hey mate, I am extremely sensitive to 4k and 8k peaks, right were SM has its energy. But on a bright side (not the sound bright side :p )... SM is also really sensitive to cables and source. So if you like the SM "tuning intention", don't rule it out just yet without experimenting. I found out that EA Cleo II Octa tamed that high end energy a bit and kept the extension and details on both ends.

Ares S 8W (not the 4W), on the other hand, got that 4k/8k peak to almost where I'm more used to it, still pushing the boundary of my comfort zone (e.g. 12t, Layla, LX...), it is still more energetic than those, but not fatiguing or piercing as before. It cut the rough edges on the notes and smoothened the whole signature. Consequently, you lose a bit of that details perception that brightness brings, but the real details are still there (since you can actually use the IEM without a headache).

Have you heard the Audiosense T800? It has an 8k peak that bothers me and it seems far less aggressive than the Supermoon. The graphs for the Supermoon show a big 8K peak. Looking at the graphs for the Equinox it doesn't fair much better. I demoed it and found it too boomy and also fatiguing oddly. Solstice seems to have the least 8k energy but the bass region looks underwhelming.

I am waiting on a Lear Skyline refit and it's graph shows a massive dip at 8K which seems to be more my style :cold_sweat:

Not sure if CFA will ever release anything in CIEM with a tuning I want. One day hopefully!

Jul 25, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #395 of 479
Selling my Supermoon Universal if someone is interested (EU), it has a fantastic sound and the fit is super comfortable, but when i listen to an IEM these days (which does not happen that often) it's the Anni every time.

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #396 of 479
The fit on these is really super comfortable. One of the best fitting universal IEMs i have tried.

Jul 25, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #397 of 479
That was (with the clarity and the planar bass) the main reason why i didn't want to sell, but even the Anni is almost not worth keeping for me since there are entire weeks where i don't use it, i just listen to headphones. Seems i gotta go outside more huehue...

Aug 8, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #399 of 479
9B50DBAA-0C2D-4570-8E44-2F7679CA0C48.jpeg

Using this wonderful cable with the Supermoon’s on my iPhone. The sound tames that 7kHtz (?) sizzle a bit, without losing detail. This is an excellent, affordable cable & a very nice compliment to the Supermoon.

Sep 8, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #400 of 479
Swapping some cables on a few IEMs. Todays Supermoon cable is the LC-RE Pro. They look like they were made for each other!

Attachments

• IMG_1378.jpeg
    IMG_1378.jpeg
    934.9 KB · Views: 0
Sep 19, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #401 of 479
Did anyone see the new lineup CFA announced today? Looks like the universal Supermoon is now part of the lineup, in an orange color.

Sep 19, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #402 of 479
It looks to also have black as a color option. Changed the nozzle as well to be metal. Looks to me like a different shape as well? Very interesting lineup. I like my Moonstone, but have always wished I was able to get a universal in black or grey. This is very tempting, but I would like to see impressions first before I jump on it.

Sep 19, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #403 of 479
Looks like it’s a bit cheaper now as well.

Sep 19, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #404 of 479
It looks to also have black as a color option. Changed the nozzle as well to be metal. Looks to me like a different shape as well? Very interesting lineup. I like my Moonstone, but have always wished I was able to get a universal in black or grey. This is very tempting, but I would like to see impressions first before I jump on it.
For sure! I honestly wish I could have the universal vs the audiophile fit I have.

Sep 19, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #405 of 479
For sure! I honestly wish I could have the universal vs the audiophile fit I have.
I will say the Universal Moonstone I have is the most comfortable IEM I have ever owned. It protrudes a little bit, but it has no pressure on any part of my ears. YMMV and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back