Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Sep 21, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #406 of 480
Aside from the nozzle, anything else is changed?

I noted that the original Supermoon has
"14mm Full-Range Planar Magnetic Driver w/ 2 micron thick diaphragm."

But the new Supermoon says only
"With a custom 14mm planar magnetic driver encased in a 3D printed solid body..."
without mentioning "2 micron thick diaphragm"

Perhpas the new Supermoon differs from the original internally too?

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #407 of 480
How is the sound insulation on Supermoon in your opinion? I had a quick listen in a shop and it felt almost like open-back: I could hear pretty much everything around when there was no music playing.

Sep 22, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #408 of 480
How is the sound insulation on Supermoon in your opinion? I had a quick listen in a shop and it felt almost like open-back: I could hear pretty much everything around when there was no music playing.
I would say for the universal version I own, with silicone it's a little bit more muffled than an open back but not much isolation. With foam, like symbio F or marshmellow from campfire I think it is a lot better, but still not the most isolating iem out there.

Sep 24, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #409 of 480
Anyone got a chance to compare these to Audeze Euclids? Since the new orange version is now even cheaper than Euclid

Sep 26, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #410 of 480
Tossing and turning in bed last night for hours trying to get these CIEM made for someone else to pressfit just right. I got close by accident a bunch of times.

Campfire won’t reshell them. I haven’t found a live website that for sure will tear them apart and rebuild them for my head side holes.

I’m considering all options:

DIY spacers
Oversized custom “eartips”
Heat gun
Earmold made semi-permanent

These seem worth some trouble and expense, but I don’t have a good plan yet.
IMG_7114.jpeg
IMG_7115.jpeg

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #411 of 480
There is this vietnam shop that does reshelling that gets linked in a lot of CIEM sale threads...
Edit: https://itsfitlab.com/reshell/ - but website is down? I'm sure that's the one that everyone means...

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #413 of 480
Courage to modify?

I added glue-lined heatshrink to these custom adapters from Pine Tree Audio.

Fit is very very much better: stability in ear is barely affected by the cable now.

Mids and highs are pretty great so far. I will try to achieve some low end now. I really need an eartip-like silicon fitting at the nozzle end.

IMG_7116.jpeg

Sep 27, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #415 of 480
Solved it!! Jeweler’s files plus stoopid courage = dopest bass you ever heard.

CIEM Supermoon orphaned by @GiullianSN, rejected by Campfire and modded by me.

IMG_7140.jpegIMG_7132.jpegIMG_7133.jpegIMG_7137.jpegIMG_7129.jpegIMG_7128.jpeg
That’s a great change mate, I like the idea of experimenting stuff. :)

Sep 27, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #416 of 480
Solved it!! Jeweler’s files plus stoopid courage = dopest bass you ever heard.

CIEM Supermoon orphaned by @GiullianSN, rejected by Campfire and modded by me.

IMG_7140.jpegIMG_7132.jpegIMG_7133.jpegIMG_7137.jpegIMG_7129.jpegIMG_7128.jpeg
Man you showed a lot of courage and a real problem solver . Please give some inital impressions . I have the moonstone universal edition and I sure would like to see how it compares to mine .

Sep 27, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #417 of 480
@RBYRER it’s now a flagship planar sound, with extra solid bass (for a planar) and soundstage like they aren’t IEM.

Planar sounds a bit soft on transients to me. And can have upper midrange that is fatiguing. These problems aren’t or are so tiny that I don’t care with the modded Supermoon. More listening tonight to confirm.

I have tried to like Audeze LCD-i4 because I got an amazing open box price. Even with Cypher cable or EQ, I just don’t love the tiefighter OEM.

Modded Supermoon solves everything really that I didn’t like about i4: better slam and rumble with cleaner mids and so little fatigue.

Sep 27, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #418 of 480
@RBYRER it’s now a flagship planar sound, with extra solid bass (for a planar) and soundstage like they aren’t IEM.

Planar sounds a bit soft on transients to me. And can have upper midrange that is fatiguing. These problems aren’t or are so tiny that I don’t care with the modded Supermoon. More listening tonight to confirm.

I have tried to like Audeze LCD-i4 because I got an amazing open box price. Even with Cypher cable or EQ, I just don’t love the tiefighter OEM.

Modded Supermoon solves everything really that I didn’t like about i4: better slam and rumble with cleaner mids and so little fatigue

Modded Supermoon solves everything really that I didn’t like about i4: better slam and rumble with cleaner mids and so little fatigue.
I have noticed that my Supermoon is having some slight and I do mean slight issues with the upper midrange also . It does not really bother me because it does not show itself very often and when it does , it is very minor , I have not noticed any soft transients on mine maybe you could elaborate more on this if you can . thanks .

Sep 28, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #420 of 480
@RBYRER leading edge (attack) of sounds like kick drum, snare, rim shot can seem a little dulled. If I’m not imagining it, it’s still a compliment to Supermoon. I can hear precisely enough to want a little sharper attack in the right spots.
Sounds like your hearing is better then mine . What I noticed on mine was the micro dynamics were a little lacking . I mean that is what it sounds like to me and I am wondering if this could have any effect on the leading edges and maybe I am mistaken about the dynamics in that I am hearing it wrong and it is more of an issue with the or lack of a more sharper attack at times . I would like to know what you think about this and do you think an aftermarket cable could help resolve this issue . thanks .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back