Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Jan 20, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #331 of 480
Hello all, I am brand new to Head Fi but have been lurking for over a year now. I just got into the IEM hobby within the last 2 years and it has been quite an adventure. As of right now my gear is a Hiby r6 2020 with CFA Dorado 2020 and as of a few months ago I pulled the trigger on the new Universal Moonstone Supermoon. Over the years i've tried all sorts of different iems. After getting the Supermoon it has changed everything for me. What a wonderful experience. It really is something special. Every once in awhile I will use the Dorados for that analog sound. Would any of you have a recommendation for a compliment to the Supermoons and Dorados? I have been thinking of trying to save up for the Elysian Diva but was curious what everyone thought.

Jan 20, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #332 of 480
Hello all, I am brand new to Head Fi but have been lurking for over a year now. I just got into the IEM hobby within the last 2 years and it has been quite an adventure. As of right now my gear is a Hiby r6 2020 with CFA Dorado 2020 and as of a few months ago I pulled the trigger on the new Universal Moonstone Supermoon. Over the years i've tried all sorts of different iems. After getting the Supermoon it has changed everything for me. What a wonderful experience. It really is something special. Every once in awhile I will use the Dorados for that analog sound. Would any of you have a recommendation for a compliment to the Supermoons and Dorados? I have been thinking of trying to save up for the Elysian Diva but was curious what everyone thought.
Some here might recommend the Trifecta (but I have yet to hear it myself). I hear a lot of good things about the Diva too. Of what I have heard, I would recommend either the Fourte Blanc or the A&K/EE Odyssey.

Jan 21, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #333 of 480
The Solaris Classic and Solaris 2020 bass is boringly flat I’m thinking trifecta must be for me I heard a user describe the sound as “like listening to standing speakers” and that made me curious to demo it as soon as it arrives in my local audio store

Jan 21, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #334 of 480
The Solaris Classic and Solaris 2020 bass is boringly flat I’m thinking trifecta must be for me I heard a user describe the sound as “like listening to standing speakers” and that made me curious to demo it as soon as it arrives in my local audio store
I don't find that to be true. I use the DHC Clone Silver for the Classic and the DHC Clone Fusion for 2020 on my WM1A or WM1Z using MrWalkman's firmware.

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #335 of 480
I don't find that to be true. I use the DHC Clone Silver for the Classic and the DHC Clone Fusion for 2020 on my WM1A or WM1Z using MrWalkman's firmware.

I think I described them wrong actually not really flat there is some bass on tracks that demands it like DadtPunk Loose Yourself to Dance and Get Lucky

But they have weak bass compared to Maestro SE it’s also I’m bass biased so if IEM has 4 db less bass than harman target to me it sounds too weak for my taste

The trifecta does have better bass yes just the right balance I’m selling my Solaris for it

hmmm sounds way better after this EQ correction
Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 8.19.50 PM.png

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #337 of 480
Hey guys… does anyone listened supermoon with Sony 1am2 and Hiby rs8? I read supermoon has recessed mids and wonder how it suit these 2 daps?
OK, here's my take.

I don't have either of these DAPs, I use the N8ii. I don't find the mids recessed. The bass and the treble/highs may well be the star of the supermoon and sit forward but the mids are lush, detailed and very smooth

The Supermoons have not been out of my ears in the 2 or so weeks I've owned them.

Easily one of my best buys in 20 years of this hobby

Jan 23, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #338 of 480
OK, here's my take.

I don't have either of these DAPs, I use the N8ii. I don't find the mids recessed. The bass and the treble/highs may well be the star of the supermoon and sit forward but the mids are lush, detailed and very smooth

The Supermoons have not been out of my ears in the 2 or so weeks I've owned them.

I don't have either of those DAPs either but I do have the N8ii and the Sony WM1ZM2 and my preference is with the N8ii. I did not synergize well with the M2 for my preferences.

Jan 23, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #340 of 480
Hey guys… does anyone listened supermoon with Sony 1am2 and Hiby rs8? I read supermoon has recessed mids and wonder how it suit these 2 daps?

Sounds divine with the RS8 (I demoed briefly at CanJam). Also if it's your thing Supermoon is one of the most easily EQ'able IEMs I've ever owned. When I had the Shanling M9 I could EQ the bass way up and it sounded delicious with zero distortion.

+1 I honeymooned with them for like 6 months exclusively. They are still bae but the Trifecta and it's thicker DD sound and more analogue timbre is slightly preferable to me overall. I'm glad to see Supermoon getting lots of appreciation-- imho it was a landmark release, is still the high water mark for planars in IEMs and all around one of the best buys currently in this hobby.

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #341 of 480
I’ve had my purple Supermoon refits for a couple weeks, and just can’t get used to the fit. They’re painful after a couple hours. Way better than the first pair, but these don’t “disappear” like most people describe CIEMs. They actually hurt. 😞

The purple looks amazing, by the way. Artist fit depth is no problem.

I wonder if I just can’t tolerate hard CIEMs?? The pain is all in the outermost ear.

I’ve asked my dealer what CA has to say. Another refit?? Maybe they’ll let me switch to a universal? Idk…

I guess we’ll see.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you get it sorted out soon. Such a pain, especially with it being a pretty limited edition.

Outstanding! Glad you're happy with them.

Jan 27, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #344 of 480
Some here might recommend the Trifecta (but I have yet to hear it myself). I hear a lot of good things about the Diva too. Of what I have heard, I would recommend either the Fourte Blanc or the A&K/EE Odyssey.
Thank you for the advice! Trifecta and Fourte Blanc I am very interested in but might be a bit out of my price range unfortunately. For now i'm very content with my Supermoon and just researching / lurking to figure out what my next purchase may be : )

Jan 27, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #345 of 480
Thank you for the advice! Trifecta and Fourte Blanc I am very interested in but might be a bit out of my price range unfortunately. For now i'm very content with my Supermoon and just researching / lurking to figure out what my next purchase may be : )
I see you have the Dorado 2020. Still one of my favourite iems! As you can see, it remains my profile pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back