Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Jan 27, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #346 of 480
I see you have the Dorado 2020. Still one of my favourite iems! As you can see, it remains my profile pic!
I love my Dorado's. I have vintage speakers / records and they give me that sort of warm analog sound but with a more modern low end. The Supermoon's are my daily drives at work but a few days a week I like to bring the Dorado.

Jan 27, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #347 of 480
I love my Dorado's. I have vintage speakers / records and they give me that sort of warm analog sound but with a more modern low end. The Supermoon's are my daily drives at work but a few days a week I like to bring the Dorado.
Love the way you describe the Dorado 2020! This has gotten me really interested in the Trifecta now!

Jan 27, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #348 of 480

Great way of describing the Dorados and why they impressed me when I got to demo them!

Jan 27, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #349 of 480

I own and am a huge fan of both Dorado 2020 and Supermoon. I really think you should try the Trifecta.

Jan 27, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #350 of 480
I own and am a huge fan of both Dorado 2020 and Supermoon. I really think you should try the Trifecta.
😭 I would love to but I really don't have an easy way of demoing them in my area and they are out of my price range right now. Like.. I could get them... if I saved for the next 2 to 3 years. Currently to compliment Supermoon and Dorado I'm thinking of saving for a second hand Elysium or U12T. Def want to get some ear time first but I'm content to lurk on forums and debate. If I had the money I would def go for either Trifecta or Fourte Blanc.

Jan 27, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #351 of 480
😭 I would love to but I really don't have an easy way of demoing them in my area and they are out of my price range right now. Like.. I could get them... if I saved for the next 2 to 3 years. Currently to compliment Supermoon and Dorado I'm thinking of saving for a second hand Elysium or U12T. Def want to get some ear time first but I'm content to lurk on forums and debate. If I had the money I would def go for either Trifecta or Fourte Blanc.

What sort of sound are you looking for as a compliment? If you're thinking Elysium a secondhand EXT is also something to possibly take a look at...though even used it would be a couple hundred more than Ely.

Jan 27, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #352 of 480
What sort of sound are you looking for as a compliment? If you're thinking Elysium a secondhand EXT is also something to possibly take a look at...though even used it would be a couple hundred more than Ely.
I was thinking a more mid centric iem. Having owned the Andro 2020 I miss BA sound but I also at the time just missed bass. Hence the Dorado 2020 lol. So yeah a more Mids centered iem. Possibly all BA to add a different flavor to the collection. I'm afraid to get the U12T and find it boring.

Jan 27, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #353 of 480
I'm afraid to get the U12T and find it boring.

Valid fear. I would suggest maybe the Vision Ears VE8 or of you can deal with the wait and attendant anxiety then possibly the Elysian Diva.

Jan 27, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #354 of 480
Valid fear. I would suggest maybe the Vision Ears VE8 or of you can deal with the wait and attendant anxiety then possibly the Elysian Diva.
Alright, thank you for the advice : ) I've had my eye on the Diva for awhile but am unsure exactly how to get them now that they aren't really listed anywhere. Do you just PM Elysian to order?

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #355 of 480
I demoed the Supermoon universals and they are a bit too hot for my hearing. I would really like something harman tuned. The Equinox are great for EDM but I don't want to spend $2000 CAD on something that it isn't versatile to be my only IEM.

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #356 of 480
I demoed the Supermoon universals and they are a bit too hot for my hearing.
Interesting - I demoed them today, too, and had exactly the same thought. They are very detailed and technical, no question. Just for my personal taste the contrast between the very thick low frequencies and the quite thin and splashy sounding high frequencies is too big. Of the current Campfire lineup, Solaris and Andromeda still sound the most coherent to my ears...

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #357 of 480
Interesting - I demoed them today, too, and had exactly the same thought. They are very detailed and technical, no question. Just for my personal taste the contrast between the very thick low frequencies and the quite thin and splashy sounding high frequencies is too big. Of the current Campfire lineup, Solaris and Andromeda still sound the most coherent to my ears...
I was listening with my LG G8X and was adjusting the PEQ. Really had to turn around 8K. I work at the computer and would be using these a lot so I am pretty sure they would get fatiguing.

I haven't tried either of those. I am guessing I may be into a CIEM Solaris if they ever make one. I figure the Andromeda isn't really my cup of tea considering I already have the T800 which has better bass. I would rather a dynamic driver or planar.

My ear canals have a really bad bend in them so audiophile fit would be amazing. I wish they would produce something a bit more versatile.

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #358 of 480
I haven't tried either of those. I am guessing I may be into a CIEM Solaris if they ever make one. I figure the Andromeda isn't really my cup of tea considering I already have the T800 which has better bass. I would rather a dynamic driver or planar.
Here I am absolutely with you! I used to own the Andromeda and really liked its tonality - but the dynamic driver was missing for me, too. That is why I sold them. If I bought a Campfire again, I guess for me it would be the Solaris.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #359 of 480
I am guessing I may be into a CIEM Solaris if they ever make one.

This is something the OG fans of Campfire, like me have all wanted for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back