Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Apr 20, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #16 of 474
I'm excited to hear these. Given the price point, it's hitting their flagship tier and definitely reminiscent of the Solstice design language. My hope is that they deliver on a sonic profile that hopefully hits my preference!

Apr 20, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #17 of 474
I'm excited to hear these. Given the price point, it's hitting their flagship tier and definitely reminiscent of the Solstice design language. My hope is that they deliver on a sonic profile that hopefully hits my preference!

You could be one of the first around here to get ears on them-- looking forward to your thoughts.

Apr 20, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 474
Gonna try to head into the office next week and make my way over to BBR to give em a test drive during my break. Stay tuned.

Apr 21, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #19 of 474
You could be one of the first around here to get ears on them-- looking forward to your thoughts.
Gonna try to head into the office next week and make my way over to BBR to give em a test drive during my break. Stay tuned.

What Rock said! Look forward to your thoughts!

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #21 of 474
What I will say is that they are not a true reference style tuning, in Campfire fashion they are slightly v-shaped but without the midrange sounding sucked out or hollow. Tonality is good and the soundstaging is truly excellent. They have a full and warm low end, crisp midrange and effortless treble extension.

The bass is not linear like most full-size planars and has some sub-bass boosting.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #22 of 474
I'm visiting my local store today and they rep Campfire Audio in Vancouver so i'm hoping they have a universal demo that I can try.

To be honest I haven't liked any of Ken Ball's tuning since the Solaris OG but I'd love to see if he can nail the tuning in a planar.

Apr 21, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #23 of 474
I'm visiting my local store today and they rep Campfire Audio in Vancouver so i'm hoping they have a universal demo that I can try.

It's not on HPB's website yet. Travis has been pretty slow on the uptake lately-- not getting new releases until they've been out for a while. He'll get it eventually I'm sure.

Apr 21, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #24 of 474
The Supermoon has a 14mm planar driver. Since many of the drivers are sourced from the same suppliers, the Supermoon might be using a similar driver to the 14mm driver that's been popping up in some ChiFi IEMs. I've heard good things about the Timeless and S12, so might be promising! That said, all the other non-Audeze planars have been quite underwhelming with questionable tuning and technicalities. The Audeze planars have great technicalities but more or less require EQ to "correct" the tuning though the Euclid has been better. Definitely cautiously optimistic. Will look for some reviews and measurements before anything else.
  • Tin P1/plus: 10mm planar ($170)
  • Tin P2/plus: 12mm planar ($370, $620)
  • 7hz Timeless: 14mm planar ($220)
  • Tin P1 Max: 14.2mm planar ($190)
  • Shuoer S12: 14.8mm planar ($170)
  • AAW Nightingale 15mm planar ($1000)
  • Audeze Euclid: 18mm planar ($1300)
  • Audeze LCDi4: 30mm planar ($2500)

Apr 21, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #25 of 474
The Supermoon has a 14mm planar driver. Since many of the drivers are sourced from the same suppliers, the Supermoon might be using a similar driver to the 14mm driver that's been popping up in some ChiFi IEMs. I've heard good things about the Timeless and S12, so might be promising! That said, all the other non-Audeze planars have been quite underwhelming with questionable tuning and technicalities. The Audeze planars have great technicalities but more or less require EQ to "correct" the tuning though the Euclid has been better. Definitely cautiously optimistic. Will look for some reviews and measurements before anything else.

Muse HiFi Power: 14.5 planar ($200)

Apr 21, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #26 of 474
And campfire pulls my interest back in. Not sure if the price of these is necessarily representative of what they are, and just based on track record at this point it'll be interesting to see how these are received once some people start getting their hands on them.

Hoping there's a way to demo, because there's zero chance I'm buying a $1500 custom without being able to demo.

Apr 21, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #27 of 474
What I will say is that they are not a true reference style tuning, in Campfire fashion they are slightly v-shaped but without the midrange sounding sucked out or hollow. Tonality is good and the soundstaging is truly excellent. They have a full and warm low end, crisp midrange and effortless treble extension.

The bass is not linear like most full-size planars and has some sub-bass boosting.

Do you think it's less mid bass than the Equinox but with more subbass? How about mids are they less scooped than the Equinox?

I have the PMV PP which came out before the 7Hz Timeless and it uses a 14.2mm driver as does the Timeless. I like it a lot.

Supermoon is like 8 times the price but it is custom, not chifi and comes with a good cable. I like the sound of the 14.2mm driver.

Apr 21, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #28 of 474
And campfire pulls my interest back in. Not sure if the price of these is necessarily representative of what they are, and just based on track record at this point it'll be interesting to see how these are received once some people start getting their hands on them.

Hoping there's a way to demo, because there's zero chance I'm buying a $1500 custom without being able to demo.
CFA is really great. They sent out universal demos (Equinox) out to me really fast and keep in contact really well. Can't recommend them enough! Their customer service is top notch.

Edit: For clarity

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #29 of 474
CFA is really great. They sent out universal demos (Equinox) out to me really fast and keep in contact really well. Can't recommend them based on customer service enough based on my experience so far.
I've been a customer of theirs for a number of years now and always had a positive experience, just never done customs with them. Already emailed about a demo, we will see what they say.

Apr 22, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #30 of 474
Do you think it's less mid bass than the Equinox but with more subbass? How about mids are they less scooped than the Equinox?

I have the PMV PP which came out before the 7Hz Timeless and it uses a 14.2mm driver as does the Timeless. I like it a lot.

Supermoon is like 8 times the price but it is custom, not chifi and comes with a good cable. I like the sound of the 14.2mm driver.

Sadly I never spent much time with the Equinox, but know the Atlas fairly well. The mids are indeed less scooped than those, and both Supermoon and Atlas have loads of sub-bass presence, over mid-bass punch. Both have good punch but focus more on body and warmth.

Comparing my graph of the Supermoon vs Crinacle's graph of Atlas - Supermoon has slightly less bass boost over Atlas, the Supermoon have more presence at 2.2kHz after which they dip instead of being boosted around 5.5kHz (Atlas) both have great extension on both ends.

The supermoon sound more accurate and balanced vs Atlas which have a more exaggerated v-shaped sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back