Campfire Audio Polaris - New CA IEM
Feb 3, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #226 of 312
I haven't gotten to read everything on this thread yet but I do have a question for the Polaris owners. I have read that they are vented for the Dynamic driver, does this affect sound leakage outward? Basically is it capable of being used on an airplane and block out a sufficient amount of the plane noise and not disturb the passengers next to me on the plane?

Feb 3, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #228 of 312
To answer your question, i use mine every day at work in a fairly quiet office working in close quarters with others and nobody has said anything. When I take them out, i can't hear the sound from them.
Same with me. Very good isolation both ways.

Feb 3, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #230 of 312
LOL, my wallet curses you both. A Pox on both your dacs. :o2smile:
And to add pain to your wallet Polaris signature plays well with using them when in a relatively noisy place. The bass and treble still shine.

Feb 5, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #231 of 312
The replacement cable I ordered for the Polaris came in Saturday and I'm happy to say it's working perfectly.
xX0JePD.jpg

It's the cable from the BGVP DX3 earbuds available here: https://penonaudio.com/bgvp-dx3-mmcx-cable.html
Really impressed with the shipping speed from Penon Audio. It's my first time ordering from them. Ordered 1/28 and arrived 2/3.
Straight 3.5mm plug (also available in 2.5mm balanced), strain relief at both ends, and no memory wire!
I've never been a believer in cables making a difference so the P1 cables not working really threw me off. I can only assume that as mashuto suggested, it's because the P1 cables are designed for a 50 ohm IEM.

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #233 of 312
impromptu audition

tldr: vibrant, colourful, and open. coherent and fun. Fits better than all the CFA i've tried. Possibly the highest vfm within the product line, tho andros is seriously good vfm for a totl iem.

very likeable, shallow W shaped than V shaped, the upper mid rise makes vocals project nicely, even if you get more throat than chest. mid bass punch - check. extended but unfatiguing treble - check.

good depth. average width. less intimate than dorado or orion. less laid back than lyra 2, but more civil than the dorado.

It's one of those products that makes you think: "i could be perfectly happy to live with this as my sole iem, maybe".

personal ranking ... Andro > Polaris > Jupiter > Vega > Dorado > Lyra 2 > Orion > Nova

UPDATE

had another brief listen today, a potential issue regarding the midrange:

PLUS
upper mids are cleary projected. creates a very addictive "3D" effect with music.

Love my Polaris. They really are an IEM that makes me say "I will be perfectly happy to live with these as my sol IEM." The sound signature is just so perfect for the music I listen to.

Feb 12, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #237 of 312
I was leaning towards purchasing these but I am kind of concerned about comfort. Anyone having comfort issues with these?

I haven’t encountered discomfort at all. I can listen to them for hours without any comfort issues though that can differ from ear to ear.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #238 of 312
I have no problems with discomfort at all. I can listen to them for hours without any comfort issues though that can differ from ear to ear.
Oh okay great. I would say I have normal sized ears so I should be fine? Would you say these are good for electronic music? Some examples of music I listen to are Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Massive Attack, Mogwai.

Feb 12, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #239 of 312
Oh okay great. I would say I have normal sized ears so I should be fine? Would you say these are good for electronic music? Some examples of music I listen to are Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Massive Attack, Mogwai.

I think you will be fine with normal size ears. I have small ears and i feel no discomfort at all. It should do well with electronic music. I listen to a lot of EDM (mostly trance) and i am loving it.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #240 of 312

I've had no issues with comfort. And yes, they are amazing for electronic music. Electronic music makes up probably 95% of what I listen to and I love these IEMs for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back