Campfire Audio Polaris - New CA IEM
Dec 28, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #286 of 312
Did anyone experience the drivers of the Polaris not flexing when inserting into the ear canal? I sometimes have one side sounding very thin causing imbalance... I have to press a few times into my ear canal for the driver to flex and reset ... causing a pop and then sounding normal again...
Wondering if this is a fault. My Polaris are a bit over a year old... yes I checked for possible obstruction by ear wax... no issues there...

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #287 of 312
Did anyone experience the drivers of the Polaris not flexing when inserting into the ear canal? I sometimes have one side sounding very thin causing imbalance... I have to press a few times into my ear canal for the driver to flex and reset ... causing a pop and then sounding normal again...
Wondering if this is a fault. My Polaris are a bit over a year old... yes I checked for possible obstruction by ear wax... no issues there...
never experience what your exp... sorry can't help.

I used my polaris quite recklessly, due is my daily mobile IEM (should change this attitude).

But I had read about this flex issued, forgot in which thread....

Jan 18, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #291 of 312
Hey guys, long shot question, but does anyone have any pics of how far they stick out their ear? I have medium to even large size canals, but shallow ear "bowls"? Quite a few IEMs have stuck out pretty far for me, even customs. I know it's a completely different design but all of the Shure/Westones have been fine, a universal/demo fit UE11 as much as I love the sound wasn't the best lol. Trying to gauge how far these would go... as the sound sig sounds right up my alley based on everyone's descriptions.

Thanks!

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #292 of 312
Hey guys, long shot question, but does anyone have any pics of how far they stick out their ear? I have medium to even large size canals, but shallow ear "bowls"? Quite a few IEMs have stuck out pretty far for me, even customs. I know it's a completely different design but all of the Shure/Westones have been fine, a universal/demo fit UE11 as much as I love the sound wasn't the best lol. Trying to gauge how far these would go... as the sound sig sounds right up my alley based on everyone's descriptions.

Thanks!

hmm, consider this is one of the longest nozzle from CA lineup... so prob gonna stick out...

Will try to take photo with measurements.

Repost Alert,

unfortunately the photo is not to appealing... but it really turn me ON...

hehehe.
Polaris with Local Same material as DHC Cable....
cable Characters is Warm. Soundwise, good combo to get detail rumble...
not my taste though... Pair with Ref8 will be great in my ear for Polaris...

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #293 of 312
Hey Huys, I am looking into these iem. I'm currently using Shure 215 and until recently theShure 535.

Would thid be a good step to go from the535 to the Polaris?

Mar 2, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #294 of 312
Hey Huys, I am looking into these iem. I'm currently using Shure 215 and until recently theShure 535.

Would thid be a good step to go from the535 to the Polaris?

I've owned both the CFA Polaris and the SE535 LTD before but it's been a while so my memory might not be the best, but some thoughts:

IMO the SE535 were only good in the mids whereas the rest of the frequency down low and up high were very rolled off. While this was a very fatigue free signature it just made my music sound weird. The Polaris excels at bass and treble but its mids (mainly lower mids, noticeable for male vocals) are a bit scooped in comparison to the more forward mids of the SE535. I would say that actually since the SE215 and Polaris share the same 'V-shape' sound signature the Polaris would be a direct upgrade to the 215's. I would definitely recommend giving Polaris a try, having tried the entire CFA lineup minus the Solaris & Atlas I would say that without a doubt Polaris has the most engaging and fun sound to listen to while maintaining a good amount of detail and technicalities.

Hope this helps!

Apr 21, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #296 of 312
The replacement cable I ordered for the Polaris came in Saturday and I'm happy to say it's working perfectly.
xX0JePD.jpg

It's the cable from the BGVP DX3 earbuds available here: https://penonaudio.com/bgvp-dx3-mmcx-cable.html

Thanks for this recommendation, I ordered based on your post and I'm quite happy with them for $22 usd. I can't tell any difference in sound, but I wasn't a fan of the memory wire in the standard cable.

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #298 of 312
Steel nozzle and bigger 9.2mm dynamic driver over the old 8.5mm one I believe. Any other changes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back