Campfire Audio Orion - Single BA IEM from the folks at ALO - Overachieving from Portland OR - first impressions
Jul 21, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #49 of 126
These Campfire Orion seems to scale well with eQ. Can anyone share his EQ for Orion as reference? Wanna try out more possibilities. :)

Sep 29, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #50 of 126
I got a pair of these yesterday and I would say they are more coherent and enjoyable than a lot of multiple driver IEMs that cost considerably more. They don't do everything perfectly but they are very musical and at a reasonable price. I'd love to see more IEM manufacturers learn how to do more with less like CA is across their entire line.

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #53 of 126
Can anyone do a comparison between Orion and P1 Pinnacle? Sounds like a good upgrade of P1 but needs some more review and assurance. Can't really do an audition on Orion by myself at the moment.

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #54 of 126
Just picked up a pair of Orion's and I am loving the palpable quality of the mids and overall coherence. The bass has such a pronounced texture, speed, and natural decay that is so satisfying too. Sound isolation is top notch and the build quality is just awesome as usual with Campfire Audio products.

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #56 of 126
It's been about a week with the Orion's, and I just have a few points to get across (all subjective):

- the bass was the lightest I've heard from any IEM before, but became adapted to it after a bit of listening. Initially, I found myself asking, "Wait, is there even bass on this track?"
- the mids are absolutely gorgeous -- to die for! If anything, I might even say that vocals on the Orion are incredibly separated and surpasses the Andromeda's presentation of vocals alone. Though technically not as proficient as the Andromeda, the tuning of the midrange is so well isolated that they just sit center-stage and call for your attention.
- treble is slightly shelved and relaxed compared to the midrange, it doesn't have the peak of the Andromeda that sometimes irked me. It does sound good though, the ultra high extension doesn't stick out as something I'd need.
- it's true that the Orion gets a little jumbled on busy tracks.
- imaging is fantastic, switching to P1 / Savanna sounds very hazy and directionally confused

If these had another driver for a furthered and lifted bass response, I swear I'd be paying big bucks for them, and would choose them over the Andromeda. I wish Nova were just that!

Unfortunately I have heard friends tell me that nova was a mediocre IEM.

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #57 of 126
It's been about a week with the Orion's, and I just have a few points to get across (all subjective):

- the bass was the lightest I've heard from any IEM before, but became adapted to it after a bit of listening. Initially, I found myself asking, "Wait, is there even bass on this track?"
- the mids are absolutely gorgeous -- to die for! If anything, I might even say that vocals on the Orion are incredibly separated and surpasses the Andromeda's presentation of vocals alone. Though technically not as proficient as the Andromeda, the tuning of the midrange is so well isolated that they just sit center-stage and call for your attention.
- treble is slightly shelved and relaxed compared to the midrange, it doesn't have the peak of the Andromeda that sometimes irked me. It does sound good though, the ultra high extension doesn't stick out as something I'd need.
- it's true that the Orion gets a little jumbled on busy tracks.
- imaging is fantastic, switching to P1 / Savanna sounds very hazy and directionally confused

If these had another driver for a furthered and lifted bass response, I swear I'd be paying big bucks for them, and would choose them over the Andromeda. I wish Nova were just that!

Unfortunately I have heard friends tell me that nova was a mediocre IEM.
I am very interested in the Orion, how do tbey respond to EQ if I wanted to add a tad more bass?

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #58 of 126
I finally moved away from chasing the unicorn in budget-fi land and bought some solid upper-mid fi full sized cans. I'm ready to take the next step on some CFA Orions as IEMs but my wallet and wife aren't yet. These are solidly on my radar though.

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #59 of 126
How is Orion compared to Ortofon e-q8 and UE900S?
I tried e-q8 many times and it's like the best mids I've ever listened.
Didn't try UE900S and Orion still can't decide between these single a.driver IEMs

Vocals and musicality are the most important thing for me

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #60 of 126
Ue900s isn't a single driver IEM. It actually has 4 balanced armatures per side.

Unfortunately, I've never had the chance to hear any of the 3. One thing to consider though, is the build quality witch, I would say the Orion wins hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back