Campfire Audio New IEM release
May 14, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #76 of 1,221
Wait...you ordered it? Congrats if so...it does without saying that I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
No, but I was planning to try it out chez my dealer. Unfortunately it seems I jumped the gun, he doesn't have the demos yet.
CFA recommends at least 150 hour break-in for any of their DD earphones. So don't make a final judgement on the bass until you get there.
@jude didn't bother mentioning if he measured "burned in" units or new, so maybe it's not that big of a deal.

May 14, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #78 of 1,221
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the new Solaris from my good friend @Andrew DiMarcangelo
In listening to the launch video again with Jude, my sense is that the sound sig of the 2020 is pretty darn near close to the SE (based on what Caleb and Ken said)...Ken mentioned he thought the mids were improved, but otherwise I don't expect a big difference. BUT - ultimately if it sounds the same as the SE in a package that's 20% smaller, along with an updated/upgraded cable, that was enough for me

May 14, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #79 of 1,221
The Solaris SE I bought a week ago sounded "ok" to me. I felt it had a lot too much bass and the highs were fatiguing after more than 2 hours as it sounded too harsh. The fact that they had heavy body chambers, they kept wriggling loose in my ears, I couldn't stand them anymore.
That's interesting, since I feel like many people (myself included) want more of the Solaris Bass. Personally, I loved the sound, but wouldn't have minded a touch more rumble.

I'm keeping an eye out for the Solaris 2020 reviews. If they truly sound similar, I'll pull the trigger.

May 14, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #81 of 1,221
That's interesting, since I feel like many people (myself included) want more of the Solaris Bass. Personally, I loved the sound, but wouldn't have minded a touch more rumble.

I'm keeping an eye out for the Solaris 2020 reviews. If they truly sound similar, I'll pull the trigger.
i had the OG Solaris and felt the same , a bit more rumble/punch would be great . with some luck i get the 2020 tomorrow :) (maybe saturday .. depends on DHL ) i can let you know

May 14, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #83 of 1,221
What is the driver configuration on the Solaris 2020? Is it the same as the SE or the OG?
The driver config is the same.
Biggest change internally is the use of a "monolithic single boot" - see screenshot.
In the launch video, Ken says they were able to "improve the tuning a little bit."
By far I think the biggest difference is size and not sound...
Solaris 2020.png

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #85 of 1,221
i think he ment if the 2020 also uses the new mid driver of the SE model, i dunno but i think so , why should they go back
Yeah probably the same as the SE.
In fact, Ken also says in the same video he thinks they further improved the mid-range quite a bit.

At the risk of parsing the words in the video too much, here are some of the quotes from Ken and Caleb that I most keyed in on:
"There are more similarities between the SE and the 2020 than there are between the OG and the 2020"
"We took cues from the SE..."
in fact Caleb says, "the big thing [with the Solaris 2020] is that the size is different, but the sound is not much different...the sound is improved...but the main thing is we were recreating the Solaris while maintaining the signature..." I presume he's talking about the sound versus the SE.

May 14, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #88 of 1,221
If I order one from you will I also receive it tomorrow?

Yep, use promo code NEWBLOOM at checkout for free overnight delivery! Both Andromeda 2020 and Solaris 2020 are now shipping.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
May 14, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #89 of 1,221
I decided to bite the bullet and ordered the Solaris 2020 to replace the Solaris OG I use with my OTG rig WM1A.

Time to put my Andromeda White and Atlas up for sale.

May 14, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #90 of 1,221
Yep, use promo code NEWBLOOM at checkout for free overnight delivery! Both Andromeda 2020 and Solaris 2020 are now shipping.

Campfire has no restocking fee on open returns. I am interested in the Solaris 2020 but if its not really any better than my OG Solaris id lose on the return. Just thought id mention for other people as well Bloom has a 10% restocking fee if you don't take store credit. You can audition and return to Campfire within 14 days.

This 2020 Solaris totally caught me off guard! I love my OG but I have a very small head (size S hats) and ears and fit has been an issue. When i can get them to stay in they sounded great but they always found ways to wiggle out while wearing them. This may just be the solution. I was getting desperate for a better fit and the Andromeda's form factor so I just bought a pair of MW10's that got here today lol. Seriously guys what timing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back