Campfire Audio New IEM release
May 14, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #91 of 1,221
Yep, use promo code NEWBLOOM at checkout for free overnight delivery! Both Andromeda 2020 and Solaris 2020 are now shipping.
Just a random point, but I’ve dealt with Andrew @ Bloom probably 5-6 times this year. He’s a fantastic guy, and runs a great business. He’s also very insightful with recommendations and comparisons if you have questions.

...and you get a candy-bar in the box too. :)

May 14, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #92 of 1,221
Just a random point, but I’ve dealt with Andrew @ Bloom probably 5-6 times this year. He’s a fantastic guy, and runs a great business. He’s also very insightful with recommendations and comparisons if you have questions.

wat kind of candy?

May 14, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #94 of 1,221

Andrew is awesome. Someone in my family ate my chocolate :frowning2:

May 14, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #95 of 1,221

YOU THINK I WILL BE WON OVER BY A CANDY BAR?! *Cough cough YES cough* That's a simple but really cool touch honestly haha

May 14, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #96 of 1,221
It varies.. I’ve been delivered KitKats and some energy chocolate owls lol. Always welcomed. It’s always nice to hand the lady chocolate while she stares you down unboxing thousand dollar iems
very smart indeed :)

Andrew is awesome. Someone in my family ate my chocolate :frowning2:

thats messed up :frowning2:

May 14, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #97 of 1,221

100% agree, would highly recommend buying from Andrew and Bloom.

It varies.. I’ve been delivered KitKats and some energy chocolate owls lol. Always welcomed. It’s always nice to hand the lady chocolate while she stares you down unboxing thousand dollar iems
My favorite is the York Peppermint Patty! haha

May 14, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #98 of 1,221

I make it a point to brush off any questions like “what’s inside the package” until she forgets about it. Food works, and chocolate would absolutely work :sweat_smile:

May 14, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #99 of 1,221

This x 1000. Here you go honey...***runs to the room to unbox***

Worked on my Solaris SE.

-Collin-

May 14, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #100 of 1,221
Oh man, you guys are too kind! Seriously, I appreciate it a ton. :blush:

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
May 14, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #101 of 1,221

haha thats awesome. I mean i am sure they are great people I don't doubt that at all. I just wanted to specifically mention the restocking fee if anyone was in the same situation I am in. The OG is too big and what are the odds the 2020 is that much better of a fit. We can hope it fits well, but if it doesn't work out you are in a little bit of a pickle.

May 14, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #102 of 1,221
haha thats awesome. I mean i am sure they are great people I don't doubt that at all. I just wanted to specifically mention the restocking fee if anyone was in the same situation I am in. The OG is too big and what are the odds the 2020 is that much better of a fit. We can hope it fits well, but if it doesn't work out you are in a little bit of a pickle.
I will say this about the restocking fee. It’s an acceptable way for a smaller retailer to maintain profit margins. It basically alleviates the loss when he has to sell it for a 10% discount, open box. Now for the Solaris 2020 for example... if 5 people returned them and he had to list them open box at a 10% loss... that’s $750 out of his business expenses. That’s a substantial hit for a small business, especially after the economy has been shut down for months. I’d rather eat the restocking fee to keep great companies like bloom audio around. I understand everyone’s finances are different though.

The manufacturer, CFA should allow returns because they don’t offer a sample unit with credit card holds like other companies. I’m assuming the returned units are either repackaged if imperceivable from new or sold during the few sales CFA offers. It’s a win win for everyone involved. Us self proclaimed audiophiles or collectors can be pains in the asses and businesses shouldn’t have to deal with our indecisiveness 😂.

edit: grammar, I’ve been drinking.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #103 of 1,221
Oh man, you guys are too kind! Seriously, I appreciate it a ton. :blush:

It was nice chatting with you today. I hope dinner was good tonight.:relaxed:

Thanks for answering my questions.

May 14, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #104 of 1,221
if 5 people returned them and he had to list them open box at a 10% loss... that’s $750 out of his business expenses. That’s a substantial hit for a small business, especially after the economy has been shut down for months.
That's a better example of how crazy prices are to begin with. And Campfire is one of the more reasonable companies.
I’d rather eat the restocking fee to keep great companies like bloom audio around. I understand everyone’s finances are different though.
My dealer gave me 10% discount straight up on both of my Andromeda purchases, so don't worry, even with losing 10%, there's still profit to be made.

I'm not a fan of restocking fees, but I'm also not one of those animals who send IEMs back to Amazon with ear wax all over them. So I'm not totally insensitive to a reseller's issues, but selling over the internet is certainly cheaper than maintaining a showroom, so in my opinion they should be prepared to accept the occasional loss on this kind of transactions. But hey, this is getting quite off-topic, so I'll stop here.

May 14, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #105 of 1,221
That's a better example of how crazy prices are to begin with. And Campfire is one of the more reasonable companies.

My dealer gave me 10% discount straight up on both of my Andromeda purchases, so don't worry, even with losing 10%, there's still profit to be made.

I'm not a fan of restocking fees, but I'm also not one of those animals who send IEMs back to Amazon with ear wax all over them. So I'm not totally insensitive to a reseller's issues, but selling over the internet is certainly cheaper than maintaining a showroom, so in my opinion they should be prepared to accept the occasional loss on this kind of transactions. But hey, this is getting quite off-topic, so I'll stop here.
I understand your point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back