Campfire Audio New IEM release
Oct 21, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #766 of 1,221
Now that's a good question.

Comparing IEMs to over-ear headphones can be a little bit of an apples and oranges things, and I haven't seen the measurements for the Vega and Dorado yet (I'll sure they'll be coming soon), but I wouldn't be surprised if the Vega curve looks pretty similar to the Cascade. I'd say that the Vega has similar subbass extension, a smaller mid-bass boost, and slightly more recessed mids with a similar treble bump as compared to the Cascade. I don't really hear that same sort of "dark" sound as the Cascade though with the Vega and definitely not with the Dorado.

That's good to hear re: the darkness! That's something I like to hear and realized recently about my personal preferences.

Looking forward to reviews to seeing more impressions from the community at large. The Bloom pieces on both were great first tastes however!

Oct 21, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #767 of 1,221
Our Andromeda 2020 review is up with comparisons to the Ara, Rai Penta, and Vision Ears EVE20 :relaxed:

https://headfonics.com/campfire-audio-andromeda-2020-review/

1603279256139.png

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #768 of 1,221
i had the solaris 2020 but had to sell it as i struggled with fit issue, i have ara as well its amazing, I adore campfire iems that I tried

Now I am curious about dorado 2020 or andromeda 2020, my first priority is mids ( vocals, etc ) especially male vocals to be full rich and detailed and come through with a forward feel. I wonder which is more suitable for me the dorado2020 or andromeda 2020

the ara is great, and I like it as it is, I want to add another iem to the line with more fun sound, but vocals must be nailed and not recessed at all

Second after my bad experience with solaris 2020 fit I hope non of andromeda 2020 or dorado 2020, have the same issue as solaris 2020, I adore how great the Ara fit is

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #769 of 1,221
i had the solaris 2020 but had to sell it as i struggled with fit issue, i have ara as well its amazing, I adore campfire iems that I tried

Now I am curious about dorado 2020 or andromeda 2020, my first priority is mids ( vocals, etc ) especially male vocals to be full rich and detailed and come through with a forward feel. I wonder which is more suitable for me the dorado2020 or andromeda 2020

the ara is great, and I like it as it is, I want to add another iem to the line with more fun sound, but vocals must be nailed and not recessed at all

Second after my bad experience with solaris 2020 fit I hope non of andromeda 2020 or dorado 2020, have the same issue as solaris 2020, I adore how great the Ara fit is
The Andro shell is the same as the Ara (the Ara is slightly thicker but otherwise the same dimensions). The Dorado 2020 shell is absolutely tiny and the original Vega was one of the best fitting IEMs I’ve tried. The Dorado is only marginally larger than the original Vega.

Nov 7, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #770 of 1,221

I haven't heard the Dorado 2020 (would love to though) but imho unless DD bass is a priority you can't go wrong with the Andro 2020. It's my favorite BA IEM.

Nov 7, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #771 of 1,221
I haven't heard the Dorado 2020 (would love to though) but imho unless DD bass is a priority you can't go wrong with the Andro 2020. It's my favorite BA IEM.
can i ask why u sold it the andromeda 2020

Nov 17, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #774 of 1,221
Ara is here! After a brief listen i must admit - they are absolutely stunning 🖤

P8430887c.jpg

How do they compare to the Solaris OG/2020 in your book?

Nov 25, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #776 of 1,221
So, I've pulled the trigger and will be receiving my Andromeda 2020 shortly.

I've been looking at possible pairings, as of now, I'll be using it with my Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, a highly regarded dongle DAC/AMP that seems to play well with the Andromeda pickiness.

But I'd eventually would like to upgrade and get myself a proper DAC. I was looking at the Chord Mojo since it seems to bring out the bass capabilities of the Andromeda, but it's just slighty north of my preferred budget.

Any recommendations? Portability isn't that much of an issue, it would be for home use.

Nov 25, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #777 of 1,221
So, I've pulled the trigger and will be receiving my Andromeda 2020 shortly.

I've been looking at possible pairings, as of now, I'll be using it with my Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, a highly regarded dongle DAC/AMP that seems to play well with the Andromeda pickiness.

But I'd eventually would like to upgrade and get myself a proper DAC. I was looking at the Chord Mojo since it seems to bring out the bass capabilities of the Andromeda, but it's just slighty north of my preferred budget.

Any recommendations? Portability isn't that much of an issue, it would be for home use.
I prefer Fiio Q5s to the Chord Mojo - maybe give it a try?

Nov 25, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #780 of 1,221

I actually was intrigued originally by Solaris, but stayed away due to concerns over fit (learned the hard way with a pair of JHA IEM’s years ago). Very happy to have chosen the ARA and have been enjoying the them immensely with both my A&K players (KANN CUBE & SR25).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back