Campfire Audio Multiverse
Nov 3, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #227 of 523
I'm banking on this last release not being an Andromeda and, even as someone who loves the SE the fact that it's an unmodified or tweaked SE is disappointing...they don't even guarantee you'll get the new red pouch. All the other days had something that was at least unique to this week and this one didn't...indeed disappointing.

How does the sound of the LE differ from the OG & SE? Can anyone comment?

Nov 3, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #228 of 523
I'm banking on this last release not being an Andromeda and, even as someone who loves the SE the fact that it's an unmodified or tweaked SE is disappointing...they don't even guarantee you'll get the new red pouch. All the other days had something that was at least unique to this week and this one didn't...indeed disappointing.

How does the sound of the LE differ from the OG & SE? Can anyone comment?

Totally agree - I was expecting at least a little something to make those 8 units unique - how disappointing that they are "just" regular SE!

With regards to your question: in my view, there is definitely no "big" sound difference between all the Solaris models - they are really all in the same ballpark, with each having its own little specificities that make them just a little bit different.

This being said, in my opinion the LE's specificities are its mids, which are slightly different - I would say that they sound better / more precise than the Original and SE (but - again - we are not talking about a very big difference here).

Personally, I would say that I prefer the LE and the SE (equally) over the Original, and that I prefer the Original over the 2020 (although I still use the 2020 from time to time, especially when travelling), but that's very subjective.

Nov 3, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #229 of 523
Ha! True that…the engineers probably thought it best to not scrap the extra materials they have as inventory is gold in this unprecedented times…
So why not gather all the raw materials excess and poof - we have enough to make some out of this world Andros-prototype (hmmm, what shall we call this.. let’s talk to our marketing people. Well that’s a simple one really let’s start a campaign and call these prototypes the“King edition”…

So far we have 2 releases of Solaris.

1 release of the Andros Ti Gold so I’m banking this last release will for sure be some Andros version…just using my deductive reasoning here.
Maybe an modified andro v1 ? 😅

Nov 3, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #230 of 523
Totally agree - I was expecting at least a little something to make those 8 units unique - how disappointing that they are "just" regular SE!

With regards to your question: in my view, there is definitely no "big" sound difference between all the Solaris models - they are really all in the same ballpark, with each having its own little specificities that make them just a little bit different.

This being said, in my opinion the LE's specificities are its mids, which are slightly different - I would say that they sound better / more precise than the Original and SE (but - again - we are not talking about a very big difference here).

Personally, I would say that I prefer the LE and the SE (equally) over the Original, and that I prefer the Original over the 2020 (although I still use the 2020 from time to time, especially when travelling), but that's very subjective.

The LE has been gnawing at me for a while...if nothing else this past week has gotten me hyped about owning another CFA IEM-- maybe if today doesn't pan out I'll try and get an LE from Bloom as i think they still have them in stock.

Nov 3, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #231 of 523
Nov 3, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #232 of 523
The LE has been gnawing at me for a while...if nothing else this past week has gotten me hyped about owning another CFA IEM-- maybe if today doesn't pan out I'll try and get an LE from Bloom as i think they still have them in stock.
I thought there was on the classifieds?
I think I posted some impressions of the LE vs SE and 2020 on the Solaris thread awhile back.
Nothing revolutionary as @Raf2411 said…slight improvements with each iteration. The biggest difference to me between the 2020 and the LE is staging - much wider and more holographic with the latter.

Nov 3, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #233 of 523
I thought there was on the classifieds?
I think I posted some impressions of the LE vs SE and 2020 on the Solaris thread awhile back.
Nothing revolutionary as @Raf2411 said…slight improvements with each iteration. The biggest difference to me between the 2020 and the LE is staging - much wider and more holographic with the latter.
Totally agree with you - in my view the 2020 lacks a little bit the staging capacities of the other versions (and especially of the LE and SE).

Nov 3, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #234 of 523
Totally agree with you - in my view the 2020 lacks a little bit the staging capacities of the other versions (and especially of the LE and SE).
Yep I agree. And i just read your signature - you are uniquely positioned to discuss differences between them as it looks like you have them all on hand! I got rid of the SE when I bought the 2020, and then likewise sold the 2020 when I got the LE.

Nov 3, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #237 of 523
The ISE is disappointing. Come on CA, you're practically just rebranding an existing product and killing excitement for the last release... at least give it the GLO treatment. I'm hoping "The King" is a preview of something new. Maybe a ceramic Lyra 2021? Dorado 2020 CIEM? Jupiter with new custom BA's? Open back Cascade?

Nov 3, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #238 of 523
The way I see it, if it was something “new” or rather exciting, I don’t see the # of 6 only being available to make sense. That would annoy people more than anything. No one cares for another Solaris LE re release so 8 available is totally fine. If this is even less I’m anticipating something just as boring. But that’s just me.

Nov 3, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #240 of 523
The way I see it, if it was something “new” or rather exciting, I don’t see the # of 6 only being available to make sense. That would annoy people more than anything. No one cares for another Solaris LE re release so 8 available is totally fine. If this is even less I’m anticipating something just as boring. But that’s just me.
I'm hoping not to be disappointed... this last release took all the hype out of it for me. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Onyx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back