Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Apr 26, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #9,466 of 9,829
Impossible to answer this question mate.
How much does the sound improvement worth, that's something you have to decide for yourself.
For me, M9 is significantly more mature and balanced than Andromeda (2019 version is what i had briefly before), and since it fits better as well, price difference doesn't really matter, i would not keep Andromeda even if i get it for free.
At the same time M9 just sounds boring and dull for some people, and they have much more fun with Andromeda.

Does that mean the M9 is similar to the W80's? I find Andromeda are ok for fit but they soon work loose when moving about.

Apr 26, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #9,469 of 9,829
Have you tried the AZLA Xelastic?

I have them on my Andromeda and they are not coming out of my ears unless I want them out.

Haven't tried those, thanks.

In terms of fit, W80 is still a little better, but M9 >> Andromeda for me, and with stock tips i can wear it for the long time with no discomfort.

I meant in sound as you mention the word boring for both.

Apr 26, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #9,470 of 9,829
I meant in sound as you mention the word boring for both.
No, i don't find any of them boring at all, but i've read this about M9 plenty of times.
W80: laidback, relaxed, veiled Westone house sound
M9: warm neutral, even a little thick sounding sometimes, but with great separation and layering
Andro 2019: airy, holographic, a little harsh in the treble, a bit on a bass light side, exciting, but doesn't work so well with some of my music

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #9,472 of 9,829
I havent had any issue for using them for around five years.

Done a bit of tip rolling and early on settled on the JVC Spiral Dots.

extra notes:

With IEMs i generally roll them into place in a circular motion, usually pushing to one side of the ear canal to let out any extra air.

if i feel any pressure or a not correct i sertion or seal i find pushing them to one side and rotate until i find the sweet spot helps.

for troublesome iems that do have more chance of driver flex or pressure i usually do the proper insertion method of lifting my ear vertically up by holding the upper most top part of the ear and pulling back. This opens up the ear canal more. Then insert iems. If any pressure exists, i move them side to side (tip) until it feels right.

Apr 27, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #9,473 of 9,829
So this happened.

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.28.21 AM.png

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #9,475 of 9,829
sooo..... third(?) time lucky? haha. You had the 2020 and then the MW10 didn't you? I can imagine the Andro would play well with the M8.

Yes sir. To be fair when I sold the 2020 it was mostly to recover funds and not because I didn't like or had grown tired of the IEMs. MW10 was nice but I think I prefer the 2020 overall. I'm mostly looking forward to a/b'ing it with what I own now plus the VE8 & B2 Dusk I presently have on the way.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #9,476 of 9,829
Yes sir. To be fair when I sold the 2020 it was mostly to recover funds and not because I didn't like or had grown tired of the IEMs. MW10 was nice but I think I prefer the 2020 overall. I'm mostly looking forward to a/b'ing it with what own now plus the VE8 & B2 Dusk I presently have on the way.
That will be a hell of a shootout given their sound signature similarities. You could capitalise on that well for your thread! I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Andro is going to have better treble extension than both, better imaging and a wider soundstage but the VE8 is more intricate and emotive in the mids. I am curious to hear the 2020... I had a chance to grab one a couple months back for around £500 which I regret now.

Apr 27, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #9,477 of 9,829
That will be a hell of a shootout given their sound signature similarities.

Yeah I'm hoping to be able to devote sufficient time to make it happen.

You could capitalise on that well for your thread! I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Andro is going to have better treble extension than both, better imaging and a wider soundstage but the VE8 is more intricate and emotive in the mids. I am curious to hear the 2020...

Yeah for sure. Than both the VE8 and the Dusk? I could see that. The thing that's kept Andro 2020 alive in my mind despite everything I've heard since owing one is that air, sparkle and coherence. I had the MW10 on hand when I had the VE8 tour unit last December. At the time I thought the VE8 was something of a richer, darker, more intimate Andromeda (than the MW10, which is something of a weightier sounding 2020). I would agree that the VE8 is more emotive in the mids but as I said it's the air and sparkle that lured me back. If only you lived in Canada...or even the US...we could to an Ely&Andro for Odin swap.

Apr 28, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #9,478 of 9,829
Yeah I'm hoping to be able to devote sufficient time to make it happen.

Yeah for sure. Than both the VE8 and the Dusk? I could see that. The thing that's kept Andro 2020 alive in my mind despite everything I've heard since owing one is that air, sparkle and coherence. I had the MW10 on hand when I had the VE8 tour unit last December. At the time I thought the VE8 was something of a richer, darker, more intimate Andromeda (than the MW10, which is something of a weightier sounding 2020). I would agree that the VE8 is more emotive in the mids but as I said it's the air and sparkle that lured me back. If only you lived in Canada...or even the US...we could to an Ely&Andro for Odin swap.
Yeah would be curious to hear your thoughts on Odin as well as obviously getting to hear Ely. Still no word on the Odin loaner tour on your end?

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #9,479 of 9,829

Users who are viewing this thread

Back